Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 20: June 2011 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nahla is 100% correct, Letiza is going to be Queen of Spain and the clothing she chooses are reflections her role and how seriously she takes her role.

Really?In that case she has a darn bad choice of clothing,remembering the military function she attended with Felipe last week,she looked like she had to go to a BBQ at a ranch somewhere out in the Wild West.No,these darn eternal trousers with hardly a leg in it let alone a behind,there isn't,her back goes straight into very skinny & scary legs...sorry...just accentuated her anorexia nervosa..About time she does something about it,or is forced to do something about it like it or not.No.This has nothing to do with her "reflections on her future role" no,not at all,this is a farce,the girl has a problem and it's mental.

I like her,but not how she thinks she can hide from it all,or the constant almost sickening clinging on to Felipe...and looking him in the eyes constantly,or the constant talking to him... Oh,really,too much!He might walk and find some more agreeable company sooner or later...And I won't blame him..It's really sad.

Last edited:
Letizia could have been mistaken for a member of the Palace staff yesterday,good job it wasn't raining as someone might have handed her a coat!

Not a good start to the week for the former style icon.

Love the shoes...but again she sure needs to gain more weight, the clothes just doesn't fit her anymore....:ROFLMAO:

Too hard to be fashionable iMO. The shoes are all wrong with the look. Overall was just a mess IMO.

Letizia could have been mistaken for a member of the Palace staff yesterday,good job it wasn't raining as someone might have handed her a coat!

Not a good start to the week for the former style icon.

Your words may seem harsh but infortunatly are so true.
I have never seen her as a fashion icon.One should know that not all what is fashionable is beautiful.Letizia is certainly just wearing the cloths given to her by some spanish brands in the exact way there are exposed in their stores.
I don't think she choses them by herself since there is no variety in the way she recycles them.I mean when I buy my cloths,I always try to imagine with what I can match it (especially with what I have already in my closet).
In Letizia case,she usually recycles her outfits in the same boring way.She recycles them over and over within a short period of time then we don't see again the outfit the next season.
Instead of adopting the latest trends that are sometime so ridiculous like in this case, she should adopt more timeless outfits of good quality that she can wear for years and mix and match in different ways.
IMO,I don't think it's wise and savy to buy the most trendy collection of this season if we can't wear it next season since it will look old fashioned.
I hope,she shoud opt for better spanish designers that will gave her wise advices and show her how to be fashionable and classy but dressed according to her status and age.

Your words may seem harsh but infortunatly are so true.
I have never seen her as a fashion icon.One should know that not all what is fashionable is beautiful.Letizia is certainly just wearing the cloths given to her by some spanish brands in the exact way there are exposed in their stores.
I don't think she choses them by herself since there is no variety in the way she recycles them.I mean when I buy my cloths,I always try to imagine with what I can match it (especially with what I have already in my closet).
In Letizia case,she usually recycles her outfits in the same boring way.She recycles them over and over within a short period of time then we don't see again the outfit the next season.
Instead of adopting the latest trends that are sometime so ridiculous like in this case, she should adopt more timeless outfits of good quality that she can wear for years and mix and match in different ways.
IMO,I don't think it's wise and savy to buy the most trendy collection of this season if we can't wear it next season since it will look old fashioned.
I hope,she shoud opt for better spanish designers that will gave her wise advices and show her how to be fashionable and classy but dressed according to her status and age.

I don't mean to be harsh but I've all but given up on Letizia sense of style,maybe I shouldn't drink decaf in the mornings.

What's with these comments (granted, one was supposedly said in jest) that Felipe should leave Letizia over her outfits? And now because she looks at him and talks to him?

There needs to be a sarcasm button because it's getting harder to know when people are joking in this thread.

So, basically, Felipe needs to marry a clothes horse who doesn't talk to him, doesn't look at him, looks like she stepped off a runway everyday- who cares if this person loves him, is a good mother, is diplomatic etc?

What's with these comments (granted, one was supposedly said in jest) that Felipe should leave Letizia over her outfits? And now because she looks at him and talks to him?

There needs to be a sarcasm button because it's getting harder to know when people are joking in this thread.

So, basically, Felipe needs to marry a clothes horse who doesn't talk to him, doesn't look at him, looks like she stepped off a runway everyday- who cares if this person loves him, is a good mother, is diplomatic etc?

What I don't understand is why you keep coming in a fashion thread and complaining that we're discussing fashion? Just because we're critical of her clothing choices doesn't mean we dislike her or wish Felipe to divorce her. I get the sense of humor related to the remarks. It is unfortunate that you do not.

On topic: Personally, I do think the face she puts to the public is a reflection of some kind of internal conflict that she's either can't speak about or on her subconscious.

What I don't understand is why you keep coming in a fashion thread and complaining that we're discussing fashion? Just because we're critical of her clothing choices doesn't mean we dislike her or wish Felipe to divorce her. I get the sense of humor related to the remarks. It is unfortunate that you do not.

On topic: Personally, I do think the face she puts to the public is a reflection of some kind of internal conflict that she's either can't speak about or on her subconscious.

See that's where you're wrong! I'm not complaining that you're discussing fashion. I'm questioning the little jabs being thrown about over her continued marriage to Felipe.

Discussing fashion: the outfit Letizia wore to the military ceremony was completely wrong. Those pants that she wore yesterday? Awful and should be thrown out.

Not discussing fashion: What's with Letizia constantly looking at him and touching him. I can see Felipe walking away.

Do you see the difference? I'm glad that you can tell the comments about the marriage were made as jokes. Again, like I stated, it seems that I need a smiley face or laughing emoticon to tell when people are joking in this thread.

What's with these comments (granted, one was supposedly said in jest)

Guilty as charged & there was no supposed about it ;)

I honestly don't think that posters have anything against Letizia as a person its just her choice of clothing that rattles so many cages .

Last edited:
today

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/ima...emios_ministerio_cultura/FCO_0364.lleida2.JPG

This is a much better proportion than yesterday's disaster. Still, compared to the other ladies she's still too casual IMO.

The cut of the pants is similar to yesterday and not working at all. Best on Letizia look well fitted wide-legged pants.
Like soraya said in her post earlier, Letizia comes up with all this latest fashion crap that doesnt suit her - she doesnt seem to have much of a professional "basis" wardrobe anymore apart from a few suits - probably in order to sell those items for Zara, Mango, Varela etc, recycles exactly the same outfits to death before returning it to the store for good.

This has nothing to do with her "reflections on her future role" no,not at all,this is a farce,the girl has a problem and it's mental.
completely agree with you, lucien :flowers:

The cut of the pants is similar to yesterday and not working at all. Best on Letizia look well fitted wide-legged pants.
Like soraya said in her post earlier, Letizia comes up with all this latest fashion crap that doesnt suit her - she doesnt seem to have much of a professional "basis" wardrobe anymore apart from a few suits - probably in order to sell those items for Zara, Mango, Varela etc, recycles exactly the same outfits to death before returning it to the store for good.

completely agree with you, lucien :flowers:

I agree, there does seem to be something going on below the surface.

So the last few outfits were horrible. The good thing about Letizia is that she's not dressing horrible all the time so I'm just hoping for better times :)
Maybe she's doing me a favour and takes this outfit back out: MYROYALS: FEL I really like that dress :)
or this one is nice as well: MYROYALS: FEL

I think she should wear more dresses /skirts that cover her knees. Pants just don't look good on her skinny body.

From today:
Hoymujer
Hoymujer
Belt
Hoymujer
Shoes:
Hoymujer
The top is nice, love the colour. Her hair looks very good.

And outside the fashion: I think it is great to see that Letizia and Felipe talk to each other so much. They have a very good connection, and it is great to see.

Last edited:
And outside the fashion: I think it is great to see that Letizia and Felipe talk to each other so much. They have a very good connection, and it is great to see.
They often talk or whisper during events, especially Letizia looking at Felipe to get his attention or start a conversation, as if insisting on their own microcosmos, what I find rude towards their guests/hosts.

Shoes are recycled for last weeks' event
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0h2Y80O7fJ6lz/x610.jpg

Last edited:
It is not that I am very exited about today's outfitt but it is better then yesterday.

Prinses Letizia: 12/07/2011 - Fashion of royals

Better than yesterday but she still looks like a journalist/reporter & not The Princess of Asturias!

All she needs is a microphone to complete her new journalistic look ;)

From today:
Hoymujer
Hoymujer
Belt
Hoymujer
Shoes:
Hoymujer

The shoes are rancid :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another awful and inappropiate outfit. And I`m sorry to say it but those shoes look cheap. Instead of buying new shoes every week she should buy classic and good quality ones that can use for long time.

The best that can be said is that she could look worse.

Do not look at the outfit, look at Letizia´s face expression and at her husband´s one; and there I see contentment and even happiness. So, if the dress of his wife does not bother the CP, he must have a deeper reason to be pleased.

Guilty as charged & there was no supposed about it ;)

I honestly don't think that posters have anything against Letizia as a person its just her choice of clothing that rattles so many cages .

Some comments are no longer about fashion but about her mental state, the condition of her marriage, etc. Rather cruel and mean for a blog like this.

:previous: I agree chuchu. I think it's highly inappropriate to judge a person's character or mental state based on what they wear. It's rather shallow.

Do not look at the outfit, look at Letizia´s face expression and at her husband´s one; and there I see contentment and even happiness. So, if the dress of his wife does not bother the CP, he must have a deeper reason to be pleased.

I agree. When looking at some pictures from Daylife, I saw that the ones concentrating on her face made me realize how happy, spirited or contented she is regardless of her attire. I took those pictures and think she's just so aesthetic and beautiful from her features. I appreciate all the many functions they pay tribute to. It's overwhelmingly impressive. Greatness to you your Majesties.

Last edited:
:previous: I agree chuchu. I think it's highly inappropriate to judge a person's character or mental state based on what they wear. It's rather shallow.

And I agree as well. I couldn't believe when I read this:

Really?In that case she has a darn bad choice of clothing,remembering the military function she attended with Felipe last week,she looked like she had to go to a BBQ at a ranch somewhere out in the Wild West.No,these darn eternal trousers with hardly a leg in it let alone a behind,there isn't,her back goes straight into very skinny & scary legs...sorry...just accentuated her anorexia nervosa..About time she does something about it,or is forced to do something about it like it or not.No.This has nothing to do with her "reflections on her future role" no,not at all,this is a farce,the girl has a problem and it's mental.

I like her,but not how she thinks she can hide from it all,or the constant almost sickening clinging on to Felipe...and looking him in the eyes constantly,or the constant talking to him... Oh,really,too much!He might walk and find some more agreeable company sooner or later...And I won't blame him..It's really sad.

How shallow and cruel that is!

But she isn't the only one. I'm 100% sure Mathilde and MM had done more touching and looking than Letizia at the events with their hubby. The only difference is that they just didn't work as much as Letizia. Even at the wedding of William and Kate, every other royal stood there by themselves, Mathilde and her hubby had arms around each other.

They often talk or whisper during events, especially Letizia looking at Felipe to get his attention or start a conversation, as if insisting on their own microcosmos, what I find rude towards their guests/hosts.

Shoes are recycled for last weeks' event
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0h2Y80O7fJ6lz/x610.jpg

I saw Felipe initiating the conversation just as often as Letizia or even more so. I don't think they were on their own microcosmos, when you were with your spouse at an event, sharing comments between the speeches with small talks or silent look was quite normal IMO. Of course media likes those pictures, likes to publish them as if they were talking all the time, but that's just not true.

From today:
Hoymujer
Hoymujer
Belt
Hoymujer
Shoes:
Hoymujer

Thanks for the pictures. I have always liked those pants, much better cut than the grey one , the shoes are also nice too, not fond of the Mango blouse, too old fashion, not suited for a skinny woman.

HQ
http://www.paeria.es/arxius/noticies/Document_cat_8695.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This is a fashion thread, further off topic posts will be deleted without notice!

Thanks for your understanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom