The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallyvee View Post
Crown Princesses are individuals. Each one can dress the way she wants. There are no rules governing their clothing.
But there's also such a thing as respect & wearing an appropriate outfit,something which Letizia has yet to realise.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

They're individuals that have a job descriptions. They represent their royal houses to the best of their ability. How they present themselves to the world can be seen as a reflection of their royal house. Letizia is a stunningly gorgeous women who seems to not care how she does her "job". IMO it is disrespectful to those who make the effort to look their best when they meet her because of her station while she presents herself as if she's could care less.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
But there's also such a thing as respect & wearing an appropriate outfit,something which Letizia has yet to realise.
Could not agree more. And there are rules of dress for everyone. People are turned away from tours of the White House for inappropriate dress. Courts of law have dress codes. And military events are particularly important as the way you dress shows respect for the men and women who fight and die for your country.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
They're individuals that have a job descriptions. They represent their royal houses to the best of their ability. How they present themselves to the world can be seen as a reflection of their royal house. Letizia is a stunningly gorgeous women who seems to not care how she does her "job". IMO it is disrespectful to those who make the effort to look their best when they meet her because of her station while she presents herself as if she's could care less.
I agree & in that case God Help The Spanish Monarchy!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

There is no excuse for attending such an official event as a Crown Princess dressed like she is going to the market or lunch with friends. The leather jacket was the first mistake, then comes the top that was not tucked in and the hair. She could've matched that look with a proper suit jacket and tucked her top in. Not sure what she was thinking but thats quite a disappointing look especially besides Felipe who is all very formal in uniform.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
There is no excuse for attending such an official event as a Crown Princess dressed like she is going to the market or lunch with friends. The leather jacket was the first mistake, then comes the top that was not tucked in and the hair. She could've matched that look with a proper suit jacket and tucked her top in. Not sure what she was thinking but thats quite a disappointing look especially besides Felipe who is all very formal in uniform.
He should have left her at home!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

And the worst part is she decided to put on sunglasses midway through the ceremony. If you look at the entire series of pictures at PPE Agency you can see Felipe looks annoyed.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
About time Felipe 'grew a pair' & told her to dress like a Crown Princess .
Couldn't agree more with you, dbarn67. She looks ridiculously out of place.

Quote:
Crown Princesses are individuals. Each one can dress the way she wants. There are no rules governing their clothing.
There are no rules and they are individuals. But how a CP dresses and presents herself says MUCH about who they are and how they feel about the event they attend and who they represent. Impressions are made, and they matter. What Letizia says over and over again by the lazy approach she takes in how she looks is not flattering.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
There are no rules and they are individuals. But how a CP dresses and presents herself says MUCH about who they are and how they feel about the event they attend and who they represent. Impressions are made, and they matter. What Letizia says over and over again by the lazy approach she takes in how she looks is not flattering.
Exactly Emmily,she represents the Spanish Crown & how it was such a poor reflection today.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Aristocracy

Did people at the event seem appalled by the way she was dressed? Do they give her nasty looks? Does foreign press rip the way she dresses?
Old 07-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Did people at the event seem appalled by the way she was dressed? Do they give her nasty looks? Does foreign press rip the way she dresses?
We are allowed to have a difference of opinion,thats what keeps threads like this interesting & active.

As none of us were present (to the best of my knowledge) it would be impossible to judge what the people or press there thought & besides I don't care I'm giving my personal opinion.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
And the worst part is she decided to put on sunglasses midway through the ceremony. If you look at the entire series of pictures at PPE Agency you can see Felipe looks annoyed.
I really don't see the issue you were talking about. Other royal women from the SRF also often wore sunglasses during the military parades since they didn't wear a hat under the bright sun. At least Letizia didn't inspect guards wearing sunglasses like her sister-in-law Elena.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/139...despagneet.jpg

Quote:
I doubt since she dressed about the same way in this particular military school last year, then wore skirts and dresses in other schools. Normally she dressed more formally with skirts and dresses at the military school gradudations, don't know why in this particular school, she dressed informally two years in a row.
Anyway, like someone else said here, hopefully somone from Zarzuela who has a whole protocol team could sit her down and tell to bring out her best formal clothes for the military school graduations, even for the visual reason to match men's uniforms.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I like this outfit a lot, it´s easy elegance. The earrings and bracelet suit very well with this black outfit.
Zimbio
Zimbio
Letizia has been looking so good during the last weeks.
Very much agree.

The print dress doesn't work. The seams are joined with the pattern crooked, not a polished look.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I really don't see the issue you were talking about. Other royal women from the SRF also often wore sunglasses during the military parades since they didn't wear a hat under the bright sun. At least Letizia didn't inspect guards wearing sunglasses like her sister-in-law Elena.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/139...despagneet.jpg
If I wasn't a Royal Watcher I'd assume that Letizia was a celebrity or rock/pop star guest & not a Crown Princess of Spain.

The entire outfit is so wrong sitting there on that state chair & sitting beside her husbnad who's dressed very formal.When she saw what he was wearing it should have given her a hint on what to wear & what not to wear.

I really don't blame people for being critical of her dress code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I doubt since she dressed about the same way in this particular military school last year, then wore skirts and dresses in other schools. Normally she dressed more formally with skirts and dresses at the military school gradudations, don't know why in this particular school, she dressed informally two years in a row.
Anyway, like someone else said here, hopefully somone from Zarzuela who has a whole protocol team could sit her down and tell to bring out her best formal clothes for the military school graduations, even for the visual reason to match men's uniforms.
If after 7 years of marriage Letizia doesn't understand 'protocol' I think its time for her to hang up the Princess of Asturias tiara she never wears
Old 07-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Serene Highness

I'm not sure I understand- you're suggesting she and Felipe end their marriage because of an outfit you don't like? Okay.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise View Post
I'm not sure I understand- you're suggesting she and Felipe end their marriage because of an outfit you don't like? Okay.
It was meant as a joke
Old 07-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Royal Highness

The outfit is absolutly not approriate for such an event. The most horrible of the outfit are the shoes.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Perhaps the thread should be renamed & branded 'Princess Letizia's Daytime Disasters'
Old 07-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have rarely seen Letizia rise to any occasion the last 2 years. She either is not dressed formal enough or she looks bored or sour. When she does show up I love to gush over it, but I have been so dissapointed lately like she really doesn't like her job or show any exuberance that you see with other houses. Maybe she has depression issues. I miss the old Princess Letizia!
Old 07-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

She dressed too informally on this event, should be criticized, but no need to make such a fuss over her role. Other royals dressed like clowns seeking attention at times, or disappeared from their duties, nobody asked them to hang up their tiaras or future crowns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I have rarely seen Letizia rise to any occasion the last 2 years. She either is not dressed formal enough or she looks bored or sour. When she does show up I love to gush over it, but I have been so dissapointed lately like she really doesn't like her job or show any exuberance that you see with other houses. Maybe she has depression issues. I miss the old Princess Letizia!
Of course you can see what you want to see. She hadn't been looking very happy the first year following her sister's death, but the last 2 years the tide has turned IMO. She and Felipe are both mature and serious persons who are committed to their royal duties, have always been interested at the subjects and people they met. They have worked serveral times a week, have never disappeared from work like some royals out there. They are not jolies like Maxima, that's the way they are, but there were plenty of smiling/happy looking pictures of them.

Closed Thread