Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 20: June 2011 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did people at the event seem appalled by the way she was dressed? Do they give her nasty looks? Does foreign press rip the way she dresses?

We are allowed to have a difference of opinion,thats what keeps threads like this interesting & active.

As none of us were present (to the best of my knowledge) it would be impossible to judge what the people or press there thought & besides I don't care I'm giving my personal opinion.

And the worst part is she decided to put on sunglasses midway through the ceremony. If you look at the entire series of pictures at PPE Agency you can see Felipe looks annoyed.

I really don't see the issue you were talking about. Other royal women from the SRF also often wore sunglasses during the military parades since they didn't wear a hat under the bright sun. At least Letizia didn't inspect guards wearing sunglasses like her sister-in-law Elena.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1396/658101letiziadespagneet.jpg

Did people at the event seem appalled by the way she was dressed? Do they give her nasty looks? Does foreign press rip the way she dresses?

I doubt since she dressed about the same way in this particular military school last year, then wore skirts and dresses in other schools. Normally she dressed more formally with skirts and dresses at the military school gradudations, don't know why in this particular school, she dressed informally two years in a row.
Anyway, like someone else said here, hopefully somone from Zarzuela who has a whole protocol team could sit her down and tell to bring out her best formal clothes for the military school graduations, even for the visual reason to match men's uniforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this outfit a lot, it´s easy elegance. The earrings and bracelet suit very well with this black outfit.
Zimbio
Zimbio
Letizia has been looking so good during the last weeks.

Very much agree.

The print dress doesn't work. The seams are joined with the pattern crooked, not a polished look.

I really don't see the issue you were talking about. Other royal women from the SRF also often wore sunglasses during the military parades since they didn't wear a hat under the bright sun. At least Letizia didn't inspect guards wearing sunglasses like her sister-in-law Elena.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1396/658101letiziadespagneet.jpg

If I wasn't a Royal Watcher I'd assume that Letizia was a celebrity or rock/pop star guest & not a Crown Princess of Spain.

The entire outfit is so wrong sitting there on that state chair & sitting beside her husbnad who's dressed very formal.When she saw what he was wearing it should have given her a hint on what to wear & what not to wear.

I really don't blame people for being critical of her dress code.

I doubt since she dressed about the same way in this particular military school last year, then wore skirts and dresses in other schools. Normally she dressed more formally with skirts and dresses at the military school gradudations, don't know why in this particular school, she dressed informally two years in a row.
Anyway, like someone else said here, hopefully somone from Zarzuela who has a whole protocol team could sit her down and tell to bring out her best formal clothes for the military school graduations, even for the visual reason to match men's uniforms.

If after 7 years of marriage Letizia doesn't understand 'protocol' I think its time for her to hang up the Princess of Asturias tiara she never wears :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I understand- you're suggesting she and Felipe end their marriage because of an outfit you don't like? Okay.

The outfit is absolutly not approriate for such an event. The most horrible of the outfit are the shoes.

Perhaps the thread should be renamed & branded 'Princess Letizia's Daytime Disasters' :D

I have rarely seen Letizia rise to any occasion the last 2 years. She either is not dressed formal enough or she looks bored or sour. When she does show up I love to gush over it, but I have been so dissapointed lately like she really doesn't like her job or show any exuberance that you see with other houses. Maybe she has depression issues. I miss the old Princess Letizia!

She dressed too informally on this event, should be criticized, but no need to make such a fuss over her role. Other royals dressed like clowns seeking attention at times, or disappeared from their duties, nobody asked them to hang up their tiaras or future crowns.

I have rarely seen Letizia rise to any occasion the last 2 years. She either is not dressed formal enough or she looks bored or sour. When she does show up I love to gush over it, but I have been so dissapointed lately like she really doesn't like her job or show any exuberance that you see with other houses. Maybe she has depression issues. I miss the old Princess Letizia!

Of course you can see what you want to see. She hadn't been looking very happy the first year following her sister's death, but the last 2 years the tide has turned IMO. She and Felipe are both mature and serious persons who are committed to their royal duties, have always been interested at the subjects and people they met. They have worked serveral times a week, have never disappeared from work like some royals out there. They are not jolies like Maxima, that's the way they are, but there were plenty of smiling/happy looking pictures of them.

Last edited:
She dressed too informally on this event, should be criticized, but no need to make such a fuss over her role. Other royals dressed like clowns seeking attention at times, or disappeared from their duties, nobody asked them to hang up their tiaras or future crowns.

Of course you can see what you want to see. She hadn't been looking very happy the first year following her sister's death, but the last 2 years the tide has turned IMO. She and Felipe are both mature and serious persons who are committed to their royal duties, have always been interested at the subjects and people they met. They have worked serveral times a week, have never disappeared from work like some royals out there. They are not jolies like Maxima, that's the way they are, but there were plenty of smiling/happy looking pictures of them.

My comment about hanging up her tiara was made in jest & was thus meant as a bit of (Irish) humour.

Last year I would have been one of Letizia's strongest supporters but sadly I no longer feel that way.

There's no doubting that Felipe & Letizia are amongst the hardest working Euro Royals & hats off to them & I will always admire them for that.But sadly Letizia's outfits do & always will attract attention & if she wears an inappropriate outfit like she did on Friday she will attract negative criticism.

Photo's of Letizia at that Ceremony on Friday will have gone around the world & there are quite a lot of other Royalty Forums where people will be saying the same.

What on earth she was thinking when she decided to wear that to a Graduation Ceremony.

I'm not going to say anymore on Friday's outfit as I don't want to come across as being anti-Letizia as I'm not .

Ghastly. Amazing that Letizia repeats this stuff.
Surrounded by ladies who appropriately dressed in summer dresses and suits, she again looks out of place, a bit comical and a bit pathetic, the quintessential fashion victim.
Particularly bad here is how the outfit distorts her body proportions - monstrous feet and ankles, skinny overlong arms, no torso, no neck. Hard to imagine how anyone can pass a full-length mirror in this and not realize just how wrong the look is.

Last edited:
Ghastly. Amazing that Letizia repeats this stuff.
Surrounded by ladies who appropriately dressed in summer dresses and suits, she again looks out of place, a bit comical and a bit pathetic, the quintessential fashion victim.
Particularly bad here is how the outfit distorts her body proportions - monstrous feet and ankles, skinny overlong arms, no torso, no neck. Hard to imagine how anyone can pass a full-length mirror in this and not realize just how wrong the look is.
Good observation about the body proportions. I too think that she looks out of place some times at these events. I do not understand her styling. For several events in a row, she gets is really right, then for months on end, she looks like a "hot mess".

Awful and you're right about the outfit being wrong for her proportions. *sighs*

Guess I don't have to say anything about the pants. They speak for themselves :p Love the top and the shoes but don't like that she doesn't paint her toenails when she's wearing open-toe shoes. For me, small things like unpainted nails or messy hair ruins the whole outfit because it looks she doesn't make any efforts when dressing herself. It's so sad because Letizia actually is a really beautiful woman (let's say beside her weight) and she could be such an outstanding princess with making just a little effort but this way she's more of a negative reputation for the spanish royal house.

Same horrible outfit when meeting the President of Panama and his wife ... Letizia looks so out of place between the well dressed women with her ugly pants :eek::yuk:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4EmhIVuaOZQ/ThsCvgDnldI/AAAAAAAAUg0/BCZSjzIrwmg/s1600/espana-panama-recepcion-a-presidente-de-panama-01%2524599x0.jpg

OMG she looks like a child trying to wearing grownup clothes next to the other women.

You have to wonder what Queen Sofia thinks of her strange wardrobe.

Last edited:
OMG This outfit is ridiculous. What is she thinking? I don`t get it. She should really look for advice and hire someone to tell her that she looks out of place. I don´t understand why Felipe or the Queen dare to tell her that.

worst outfit

This has to be the worst outfit, and we are not starved for choice here:bang::bang:

I just do not understand why she dresses like this and how does Felipe let it happen. It is an insult to the president of Panama and his wife! What is Leti thinking.

I really admire the woman, but she seems to be incapable of dressing herself appropriately. And whoever sold her that these pants out to be fired:bang:

It does look ridiculous!
The pants are hideous.
For the first time the only think I can stand is the shoes :eek:

My goodness, by the reactions here I thought she was naked! Pathetic? Ghastly? Ouch.

Do I like this outfit on her? No, but I don't think I'd like pants like that on anyone.

I wonder if people realize that no one has EVER been happy about Letizia's outfits. When she first got married and wore suits, people complained that she looked too much like her old profession. When she wore a famous designer, people complained that the designer wasn't Spanish. Honestly, if I'd spent the last seven years getting constantly harassed about what I wore, I think I'd be going around in ratted jeans and a sweatshirt :p

My goodness, by the reactions here I thought she was naked! Pathetic? Ghastly? Ouch.

Do I like this outfit on her? No, but I don't think I'd like pants like that on anyone.

I wonder if people realize that no one has EVER been happy about Letizia's outfits. When she first got married and wore suits, people complained that she looked too much like her old profession. When she wore a famous designer, people complained that the designer wasn't Spanish. Honestly, if I'd spent the last seven years getting constantly harassed about what I wore, I think I'd be going around in ratted jeans and a sweatshirt :p

Well not everyone hates everything she wears. Letizia made some good choices in the past. And being a public person you have to live with that there will be always someone who doesn't like what you're wearing and as a Princess she just needs to be used to it (even though I don't think she's googles herself to find out what the world thinks about her outfits ;))
IMO it's not the fact that she's wearing something I don't like but it's the fact that she's not dressing herself appropriate to the events and to her status as the Crown Princess of Spain. I could live with it if she's wearing things I don't like at all but which are appropriate but this IMO isn't acceptable for a Princess. That sounds harsh now but I think this thread here is here to talk (and critize) about her clothes and if she's wearing something nobody likes then we can say that. :)

Like Lyonnaise said, she started out wearing eternal suits like her MIL, many were also complaining, it didn't seem to work in the Spanish press either, simply too old, too stale, too distant although it works for Sofia since she is a 70 years old royal born, they don't expect anything else. Letizia has been wearing suits since she graduated from college, the last two years, she stepped out of her 'comfort zone' to experiment some non-classic trendy looks, some just failed badly, also the clothes from Varela, Zara or Mango didn't help either (they are OK with classic pieces). She likes pants, unfortunately pants are the weakness of Varela, Zara or Mango IMO. I think she should get some professional help if she likes to wear more styles other than classic suits or dresses, for example, the stylist for PM ZP's wife, one of the editors for the Spanish Vogue.

Last edited:
Nahla is 100% correct, Letiza is going to be Queen of Spain and the clothing she chooses are reflections her role and how seriously she takes her role. Letizia's glaring wardrobe choices take the conversation away from whatever the cause or guest being presented. And therein lies the problem, her clothing choices matter and in fact become the focus rather than the event...a distraction. If she went back to boring suits in a variety, we'd say "ho hum, kind of boring blah blah blah..." but the most of the focus would remain with what she's doing rather than what she's wearing.

And just because people are critical of her doesn't mean we dislike her, quite the opposite IMO. But I do believe that how you present youself to world tells alot about what going on internally.

Last edited:
Letizia has lost her style mojo in my opinion!

What she wore today was a complete disaster & if I were a member of the SRF I'd be seriously worried by the image of the future Queen Consort that is going around royal forums across the globe.I'd be highly embarrassed.

Frankly I'm lost for words that she thought such an outfit was suitable for meeting the President & his wife?

What ever is going on a Letizia's 'style' HQ would want to be sorted out pronto!

When all things are said and done, Letizia will be judged on her service to her country and her people.

Guess I don't have to say anything about the pants. They speak for themselves :p Love the top and the shoes but don't like that she doesn't paint her toenails when she's wearing open-toe shoes. For me, small things like unpainted nails or messy hair ruins the whole outfit because it looks she doesn't make any efforts when dressing herself. It's so sad because Letizia actually is a really beautiful woman (let's say beside her weight) and she could be such an outstanding princess with making just a little effort but this way she's more of a negative reputation for the spanish royal house.
Nahla10 I think you said this Perfectly, just what I was thinking!!!:previous:

When all things are said and done, Letizia will be judged on her service to her country and her people.

That's very true but she shouldn't have turned up today looking like that,there was no excuse for it.

She should dress according to the importance of an official act & today was important & she failed miserably

Bad outfit days like today will only increase the negativity thats out there against her,sometimes I think she is her own worst enemy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom