The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 07-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,154
I think she looks good today. I like that she's got a clutch and not that purse with the long gold strap that she's been favouring lately.

/w Felipe, meeting with the directors of the Cervantes Institute
Getty Images - Navegador no compatible detectado
__________________

  #242  
Old 07-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Boris's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 2,203
IMHO, looking 'good' looks different, but everything is relative (as far as Letizia is concerned) and at least she made an effort to appear to be in a better mood.
Still find the combo of short, strict pants which don't match this girlish style of flats which don't match the clutch bag rather odd:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
__________________

  #243  
Old 07-20-2011, 10:17 AM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
IMHO, looking 'good' looks different, but everything is relative (as far as Letizia is concerned) and at least she made an effort to appear to be in a better mood.
Still find the combo of short, strict pants which don't match this girlish style of flats which don't match the clutch bag rather odd:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

I agree but I've lowered my standard for Letizia. I think the problem is the length of the pant. I have good friend who's petite and thin like Leti (but not quite as thin) and the proportion of a capri cuts her oddly truncating her already shorter frame which makes her look even shorter.

I really don't like those particular shoes with the outfit. I like the shoes, but not with bag and suit.
  #244  
Old 07-20-2011, 10:33 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,841
Big improvement on her recent few desperate housewives outfits .
  #245  
Old 07-20-2011, 11:03 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I agree but I've lowered my standard for Letizia. I think the problem is the length of the pant. I have good friend who's petite and thin like Leti (but not quite as thin) and the proportion of a capri cuts her oddly; truncating her already shorter frame which makes her look even shorter.

I really don't like those particular shoes with the outfit. I like the shoes, but not with bag and suit.
It is better, but still no good.

I've noticed that she goes to extremes. From 12 cm high heels, to ballerinas. Near Felipe, I would avod wearing flats, and short pants.
She could wear long pants "loose" with max 5 cm heels. It does not save the height but it gives to the body more posture.
  #246  
Old 07-20-2011, 11:22 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,317
This is not bad, I actually dont mind the look but I do mind the clutch and the flats which look like they belong to one of her daughters. The look would've worked well with nice classic heels with same color clutch.
__________________
  #247  
Old 07-20-2011, 12:33 PM
agogo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: côte d'océan Pacifique, United States
Posts: 726
Perhaps her personal tastes are for less jewelry, less accessories. Princess Grace had simple jewelry when she was a movie actress and also when she was a princess. Grace could have had jewels as fabulous as Elizabeth Taylor's but decided upon less ostentatious jewels. Fewer and less grand pieces. It seems as if Letizia may desire simpler accessories.
  #248  
Old 07-20-2011, 12:47 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
Perhaps her personal tastes are for less jewelry, less accessories. Princess Grace had simple jewelry when she was a movie actress and also when she was a princess. Grace could have had jewels as fabulous as Elizabeth Taylor's but decided upon less ostentatious jewels. Fewer and less grand pieces. It seems as if Letizia may desire simpler accessories.
Nothing against her personal taste but Letizia could at least change her earings,always the same star earings.

http://www3.pictures.stylebistro.com...xtK4zqJ-cl.jpg

Her look today was much better than recently & its nice to see her relaxed looking with a smile.
  #249  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
I wouldnt call this pantsuit classy...
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/119...67FADC4B8C5B89

When reading through the thread, I am still amazed that the recession is being used as an excuse to dress inappropiately. Firstly, suitable outfits can be recycled (like Queen Sofia frequently does) and non-flashy clothes can still look neat while fitting the occasion.
Another excuse that makes me laugh is that Letizia "works" so hard, admittedly she is present at more events than others but I still wouldnt call this "working hard" - sorry, different discussion, but honestly, it doesnt matter if a royal does ten events per month or one - dressing appropriately has a very high priority. Royals attend events to be seen or promote a specific issue, nothing less, nothing more - they represent what usually means small talk, handshakes, smiles in front of the camera. This is a royal's job - especially a royal consort's job, most likely a big error of jugdement on Letizia's end who expected to be recognized in public for her intellect and not for the clothes she would be wearing, at every single event, day after day.
Sad reality is that even though she dresses something between down and inappropriate, papers will still write that her "style" is fantastic because her picture sells and it doesnt matter if she wears a potatoe sack or a designer frock. The media would be stupid to mention the slightest critizism about their biggest cash cow.
  #250  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 195
Oh Letizia what where you thinking? Being underdressed is one thing but wearing pants that don't fit at ALL (even though I like that suit but those ill-fitting pants ruin everything!)
Getty Images - Navegador no compatible detectado
It looks like they got shrinked in the washing machine. Excuse my harsh words but you can totally see that the pants are too tight around her bum and the lenght of the pants together with flats make the whole look hideous. Sad, cause it could've been such a nice outfit.
  #251  
Old 07-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Marika86's Avatar
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Villa San Giovanni, Italy
Posts: 4,327
Not a bad outfit, much better that what Letizia wore the last days. But, since is summer, a little bit more of colour would have been better.
__________________
Marika86
"It's very special, as Kate is very special. It's my way of making sure my mother didn't miss out on today and the excitement." Prince William, November 16 2010
  #252  
Old 07-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
IMHO, looking 'good' looks different, but everything is relative (as far as Letizia is concerned) and at least she made an effort to appear to be in a better mood.
Still find the combo of short, strict pants which don't match this girlish style of flats which don't match the clutch bag rather odd:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
She's smiling, so that's a plus. But that's about it. I like the clutch, but putting a red, croco clutch with these sparkly flats...no.
  #253  
Old 07-20-2011, 10:07 PM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,370
I would have to agree, the outfit is still not good. The pants are too tight and low wasted and the flats are just terrible with anything other than jeans or shorts if you're going to the beach. I just don't get it, hot hubby, rock'in body, extremely cute kids, I'd be the best dressed thing on the planet every day of the week. And I'm about to say something that may sound terrible, but her job diescription is...show up, look great and don't say anything thing stupid, right?!?! It's not like she's making political policy.
  #254  
Old 07-21-2011, 04:29 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I wouldnt call this pantsuit classy...
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/119...67FADC4B8C5B89

When reading through the thread, I am still amazed that the recession is being used as an excuse to dress inappropiately. Firstly, suitable outfits can be recycled (like Queen Sofia frequently does) and non-flashy clothes can still look neat while fitting the occasion.
Another excuse that makes me laugh is that Letizia "works" so hard, admittedly she is present at more events than others but I still wouldnt call this "working hard" - sorry, different discussion, but honestly, it doesnt matter if a royal does ten events per month or one - dressing appropriately has a very high priority. Royals attend events to be seen or promote a specific issue, nothing less, nothing more - they represent what usually means small talk, handshakes, smiles in front of the camera. This is a royal's job - especially a royal consort's job, most likely a big error of jugdement on Letizia's end who expected to be recognized in public for her intellect and not for the clothes she would be wearing, at every single event, day after day.
Sad reality is that even though she dresses something between down and inappropriate, papers will still write that her "style" is fantastic because her picture sells and it doesnt matter if she wears a potatoe sack or a designer frock. The media would be stupid to mention the slightest critizism about their biggest cash cow.
Very good and deep analysis.

Nevertheless, I have some comments:
- In the past we saw her appropriately dressed! It means that she knows when she crosses the line of non acceptance.
- This constant failure to be dressed appropriately for each occassion, does not appear to me being occasional. It shows something between the "fed-up" situation and the "I'm revolting" situation. Her way to dress has a language.
- She dresses like she would have been dressed as a younger, single, relaxed independant journalist. But she is not all this anymore! Sometimes she gives me the impression like she would like to go back!!!
  #255  
Old 07-21-2011, 04:31 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I would have to agree, the outfit is still not good. The pants are too tight and low wasted and the flats are just terrible with anything other than jeans or shorts if you're going to the beach. I just don't get it, hot hubby, rock'in body, extremely cute kids, I'd be the best dressed thing on the planet every day of the week. And I'm about to say something that may sound terrible, but her job diescription is...show up, look great and don't say anything thing stupid, right?!?! It's not like she's making political policy.
I doubt that's enough. She and Felipe usually do thorough studies on the organizations/events, make sure the speech connects with the current society and people, reflect the issues, provide encouragement and inspiration, thus they have to be informed well on the current affairs and government policies although not making political policy.
  #256  
Old 07-21-2011, 04:59 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I wouldnt call this pantsuit classy...
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/119...67FADC4B8C5B89

When reading through the thread, I am still amazed that the recession is being used as an excuse to dress inappropiately. Firstly, suitable outfits can be recycled (like Queen Sofia frequently does) and non-flashy clothes can still look neat while fitting the occasion.
Another excuse that makes me laugh is that Letizia "works" so hard, admittedly she is present at more events than others but I still wouldnt call this "working hard" - sorry, different discussion, but honestly, it doesnt matter if a royal does ten events per month or one - dressing appropriately has a very high priority. Royals attend events to be seen or promote a specific issue, nothing less, nothing more - they represent what usually means small talk, handshakes, smiles in front of the camera. This is a royal's job - especially a royal consort's job, most likely a big error of jugdement on Letizia's end who expected to be recognized in public for her intellect and not for the clothes she would be wearing, at every single event, day after day.
Sad reality is that even though she dresses something between down and inappropriate, papers will still write that her "style" is fantastic because her picture sells and it doesnt matter if she wears a potatoe sack or a designer frock. The media would be stupid to mention the slightest critizism about their biggest cash cow.
The pants are very typical Varela style, on his website, you still can see the tight pants on the models. Some journalists in the media have been suggesting her to go for good designs of various designers instead of one single designer as her MIL suggested, but it didn't work.
Although royals are not doing heavy physical work, there is certain stress to be watched by hundreds of people at the events, photographed like being in a zoo, then you have to choose your clothes, do your hair and makeup with minimum help ....
I don't think the TV heart programs have been this kind as you said. Perhaps her dressing style at the low key daily royal events is just not important for them, they are more interested at the upcoming summer holiday.
  #257  
Old 07-21-2011, 05:05 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Although royals are not doing heavy physical work, there is certain stress to be watched by hundreds of people at the events, photographed like being in a zoo, then you have to choose your clothes, do your hair and makeup with minimum help ....

Of course, it is not easy. But it is easier than doing other jobs in this world, she is helped and served for everything (do not tell me that she has minimum help) and the most important is that she choose this life, she married the man she loved!

Carla-Bruni said that 15 years of modelling were much more difficult than her job as First Lady.
And when she was model she said, than modelling was difficult BUT it was much much better than working as cashier in the supermarket!
  #258  
Old 07-21-2011, 05:09 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
- She dresses like she would have been dressed as a younger, single, relaxed independant journalist. But she is not all this anymore! Sometimes she gives me the impression like she would like to go back!!!
She usually wore classic clothes when she was a journalist. Many complained at the beginning of her marriage, she dressed like she was still working for TVE, her hair and makeup were always done by the professionals on TV.
  #259  
Old 07-21-2011, 05:12 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
She usually wore classic clothes when she was a journalist. Many complained at the beginning of her marriage, she dressed like she was still working for TVE, her hair and makeup were always done by the professionals on TV.
No I said like if she still have been a journalist, now. Not like when she was one.
  #260  
Old 07-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Of course, it is not easy. But it is easier than doing other jobs in this world, she is helped and served for everything (do not tell me that she has minimum help) and the most important is that she choose this life, she married the man she loved!

Carla-Bruni said that 15 years of modelling were much more difficult than her job as First Lady.
And when she was model she said, than modelling was difficult BUT it was much much better than working as cashier in the supermarket!
I only said she did her hair, makeup and chose clothes with minimum help. I'm sure there were lazy days after a while, that explains it's not uncommon seeing bad hair, bad makeup among the young princesses.

I haven't been following Carla closely, don't know how active she is, but she always gave me an impression that she was doing part-time modeling now (surely easier than her former full time modeling), of course the impression could be wrong.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 5: August 2011 - August 2012 dazzling Archives 390 08-21-2012 02:59 AM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 21: August 2011 - October 2011 iceflower Archives 394 10-28-2011 03:55 AM
Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 4: August 2010 - August 2011 iceflower Archives 390 08-31-2011 01:07 PM
Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 12: June 2011 - August 2011 dazzling Archives 385 08-30-2011 12:18 PM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 14: June 2010 - August 2010 iceflower Archives 393 08-04-2010 06:40 AM




Popular Tags
albania ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit brunei catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king abdullah ii in new york 2016 king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania religion royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats wreathoflaurels


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises