Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 2: June 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia had worn similar style coat dress and dress before at the National day 2006 when she was pregnant with Sofia. Typical Felipe Varela, same style, different colors.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9051/72150975qs4.jpg

These days Varela is up to this fake application / rhinestone stuff. He puts it on almost every dress Letizia got from him: it started with the cocktail dress in Majorca (goodbye eve), followed by the national day dress, the jacket at El Pardo, yesterdays' orange dress ... it's an endless list, I am sure I forgot something, and it only demonstrates Varela's lack of ideas. If it's a trademark, sorry, it's a cheap one as these applications look like some plastic being glued on dresses that deserve better. And so does Letizia. I don't know if it's her intention but Varela and all the other affordable low quality pieces don't do her any favours. On another thread posters compared Letizia's style to the style of Queen Rania - at the moment I'd see Letizia as a Mango version of Rania at most, if at all.

Yes Of course not! But when I saw the whole outfit it comes on my mind Mary's simmilar outfit!
I love the big bag also, very confortable for travelling and lovely for day to day:flowers:

i agree, the bag is amazing! i wonder if any of our royal stylists in the forums will find out who it is by!

i also agree that the stockings with the orange coat weren't the best option.

hola published the following article on letizia's white clothes:

DOÑA LETIZIA, UNA PRINCESA QUE VISTE DE BLANCO

Thanks carlota. Letizia looks good in white it does suit her well. I especially liked the dress matched up with the belt & the other outfit which looked nice was the white short dress was well as the crochet skirt with fitted jacket.

Oh and another outfit which looked casual & hope to see it again is the gypsy skirt & off-shoulder top during a summer or two ago:cool:

indeed letizia look really nice in white :)
thx for the pic..actually a big thx to everyone...you really do a great job:wub:
yes it is but they have forgotten the most beautiful white suit weared by Letizia....the wonderful White one weared at her engagement day

yes it is but they have forgotten the most beautiful white suit weared by Letizia....the wonderful White one weared at her engagement day

I think that outfit was worn by the ugly wax figures of Felipe & Letizia shown on a pic in the gallery; thankfully it has been removed in the meantime.

The beautiful suit shown in the gallery that Letizia wears on her official pic and wore during her visit to Sweden is actually a very light rose (and not white) I think:

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

I wasnt too sure where i hat to put this but since its a casual look I thought this is an okay place. A very pretty coat ( could be used in several ways) I also like her printed top. Letizia managed to put this cool, fun look together.

Princess Letizia,during the concert of US musician Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band the the Sports Centre of Madrid, Spain, 25 November 2007.
Top view -- full length view -- fur trim coat

These tops are very in fashion nowadays, it looks like she is pregnant again but it just fashion style. The high boots and the leggins are a fashion this winter. She looks really nice, happy and with no stress!

I think that outfit was worn by the ugly wax figures of Felipe & Letizia shown on a pic in the gallery; thankfully it has been removed in the meantime.

The beautiful suit shown in the gallery that Letizia wears on her official pic and wore during her visit to Sweden is actually a very light rose (and not white) I think:

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
however I find that the white suit Armani de Letizia carried the official day of her engagement was absolutely splendid, modern, simple...she was radiant with

however I find that the white suit Armani de Letizia carried the official day of her engagement was absolutely splendid, modern, simple...she was radiant with

I totally agree ikram. The suit was beautiful, the style suited Letizia and the quality or fabric of Armani clothes is beyond discussion and simply show. I wish there had not been this stupid critizism that obviously scared Letizia off wearing top class designer wear and made her focus on low budget & cheap fabric clothing such as Varela's.

I like the coat, the pants and the boots Letizia wore at the concert of Bruce Springsteen. They are nice and suit well on her.
I don't like at all the shirt, though that style is on fashion.
The material looks cheap to me and I don't like the colours.

Last edited:
I dont really care for the long coats over her dresses. She has such a small delicate frame, it seems like the coats weigh her down.

I didn't know it was from Mango, but I knew it was cheap!
IMO also the grey shirt she is wearing underneath doesn't look nice at all.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...4cec52b0g1.jpg

Although it might be fashionable the combination looks odd with summer blouse and fall/winter shirt and I don't like this trend with long sleeves dangling out of jackets / tops with short sleeves.

Right you are Duke ...:)Coat, trousers, turtleneck sweater, and boots matched well, but a light summery top looked rather awkward.

Last edited:
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007/11/26/letizia-vestido/imgs/letizia1a.jpg

Personaly, I find that nice a princess gets dressed sometimes with small prices clothing .....This does not make it somebody a not elegant person. To Personnaly had working a long time in the industry of the luxury and the haute couture, I can say sometimes that we sell the same goods "casual" as Mango, Dutti, Zara but with a price multiplied by 200...
And wher is the problem that Princess Letizia gets dressed modestly for an exit completely family and abstract???.....
this proves that it is a woman well, reasonable, conscious of realities of the money of the Spanish taxpayer...
I find that it is a mark of respect especially which I repeat it, that does not make of it somebody of inelegant.
moreover, I will really like that princesses of poorer countries beaucuop follow its example
Moreover again , Zara, Mango are wonderful spanish brands

Yes and has they are spanish brands she is indeed promoting them! I always dress in Zara , Mando and Massimo dutti those are my brands!

You all are right, but IMO cheap materials never look nice. Maybe when they are brand new or from a distance. It is not a matter of price, of course.
I don't think Letizia was dressed modestely, her coat and boots look of good quality. Only that shirt was cheap, though fashionable, and didn't look nice, IMO. Anyways, I agree it is very nice of her to wear Spanish brands also for casual outfit.
I agree with you Ikram, that sometimes the only difference between a cheap mark dress and a luxury one, is the price, but only sometimes. Only a few casual clothes, as you said.
P.S.: Anyways are you sure that haute couture is also casual? As far as I know haute couture is only hand made unique clothes that only the main "maison" can sell. You probably meant ready to wear or what we call, boutique clothes.
MediumPhoto

Last edited:
It's kind of trendy since the Cruz sisters are promoting it. I mean, they've got the look! The top looks nice on them and the way they wear it; no idea why Letizia thought it looked as nice when combining it with a long sleeved shirt :ohmy:

It's kind of trendy since the Cruz sisters are promoting it. I mean, they've got the look! The top looks nice on them and the way they wear it; no idea why Letizia thought it looked as nice when combining it with a long sleeved shirt :ohmy:

i don't think it looks it best either, but i can understand... it's cold!

i quite like the top though. mango does quite nice things, and so does the inditex umbrella (massimo dutti and zara in particular), so i'm glad she chooses high-street brands as well as other high-end spanish designers.

You all are right, but IMO cheap materials never look nice. Maybe when they are brand new or from a distance. It is not a matter of price, of course.
I don't think Letizia was dressed modestely, her coat and boots look of good quality. Only that shirt was cheap, though fashionable, and didn't look nice, IMO. Anyways, I agree it is very nice of her to wear Spanish brands also for casual outfit.
I agree with you Ikram, that sometimes the only difference between a cheap mark dress and a luxury one, is the price, but only sometimes. Only a few casual clothes, as you said.
P.S.: Anyways are you sure that haute couture is also casual? As far as I know haute couture is only hand made unique clothes that only the main "maison" can sell. You probably meant ready to wear or what we call, boutique clothes.
MediumPhoto

Yes i have worked for a haute couture company wich made high range ready to wear to...and to follow the trend (but for increase turnover first ;) ....sold casual clothes to ...but still very expensive and with no big difference with the greatest Mango, Zara, Massimo products....

Last edited:
I was with that top today in my hands! I like it but since we are now in winter I think it doesn't combine with a long sleeved shirt it looks horrible. We haven't seen letizia whitout the jacket because if we see her with that short sleeve and then with a long sleeve under it we could see that it really looks horrible. I didn't buy it because I will not wear it now!It was a silk material, not cheap but not expensive at all!

Yes i have worked for a haute couture company wich made high range ready to wear to...and to follow the trend (but for increase turnover first ;) ....sold casual clothes to ...but still very expensive and with no big difference with the greatest Mango, Zara, Massimo products....
You meant second lines or brands of a great Fashion Company, didn't you?
You are right:flowers:, almost all the fashion stylists have second lines or brands for ready to wear and casual clothes (Stylist don't earn much money only with haute couture clothes!). Very expensive but not always of the best quality.

We haven't seen letizia whitout the jacket because if we see her with that short sleeve and then with a long sleeve under it we could see that it really looks horrible.

There is a pic of Letizia without the coat on. http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/euroyals/721754cec52b0g1.jpg

The Monica&Penelope Cruz shirt/top/whatever is really lovely! I wish I owned it.

Letizia was today at the Rastrillo Benefit event with Queen Sofia and Infanta Pilar. Photos from Hola:
Without the coat
With coat
I like her outfit more without the coat. The coat is very nice, but it doesn´t fit in with the rest of her outfit.

I think, this is one of Letizia's best put mix-match outfit. The belt was also a very nice add to the outfit. I thought the tweed skirt was lovely. The jacket looks like it gave a nice look, a coat in the same shade of jacket would also look just as good.

a few more pictures (posted by Paty & from Hola)
Full view -- side view-- outfit with jacket off

Jacket is recycled, worn first time on 03 October 2007 - picture (NAP)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom