The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Letizia in Portugal, a recycled outfit. I don't like the black stockings as much.
spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl: Bezoek aan Portugal

Old 10-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Aristocracy

This is the HUGO BOSS dress! I love it. She looks so beautiful in this dress.
Hasn't Crownprincess Mary the same?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Darkness View Post
This is the HUGO BOSS dress! I love it. She looks so beautiful in this dress.
Hasn't Crownprincess Mary the same?
No,it isn´t a dress,it is a skirt of Hugo boss.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
No,it isn´t a dress,it is a skirt of Hugo boss.
Yes - you are right ! I remember... Crownprincess Letizia has bought the skirt and Crownprincess Mary bought the dress...
Old 10-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Darkness View Post
Yes - you are right ! I remember... Crownprincess Letizia has bought the skirt and Crownprincess Mary bought the dress...

Exactly!
Letizia wore this skirt a year ago and some days after Mary wore the dress
Old 10-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Exactly!
Letizia wore this skirt a year ago and some days after Mary wore the dress
I think it was a day or two after or before
I loved the dress version & for some reason i like it the second time when Letizia wore it, its a nice skirt for a daytime event & id like to see it with red cardigan rather than a jacket if it's to be recycled again.
To be honest, i did not expect to see it again for some weird reason
Old 10-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I think it was a day or two after or before
I loved the dress version & for some reason i like it the second time when Letizia wore it, its a nice skirt for a daytime event & id like to see it with red cardigan rather than a jacket if it's to be recycled again.
To be honest, i did not expect to see it again for some weird reason
To be more exact 7 days before.
I like Hugo boss dress and skirt, but a skirt with a jacket for me is more professional and stylish than a dress.And i like the tissue of the jacket too.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

The dress is mucht more fashion and modern than a skirt with a coat!!!
Black socks are O.K for winter but we are still in summer and the weather is still very mucht warm!It looks like Letizia is calling for winter to soon!
Old 10-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Letizia in Portugal, a recycled outfit. I don't like the black stockings as much.
spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl: Bezoek aan Portugal
I like the combination and I find it ok with the stockings but overall Letizia looked so much better last year, maybe because she was pregnant. Her hair was styled nicely and she did not look so haggardly as these days.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think her hair had been styled in Portugal. Didn't they stay in Portugal Sunday night ? She probably didn't bring a hairstylist. Last year I saw this skirt with a matching red jacket on the window display of a Hugo Boss store. The Hugo Boss' red jacket looked so much better than Varela's. Varela rarely got it right on the tops, always had problems with shoulders or sleeves. If she buys a piece from a foreign designer, she should definitely consider a jacket before a skirt since skirts are so much easier to be made than jackets.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:47 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I don't think her hair had been styled in Portugal. Didn't they stay in Portugal Sunday night ? She probably didn't bring a hairstylist. Last year I saw this skirt with a matching red jacket on the window display of a Hugo Boss store. The Hugo Boss' red jacket looked so much better than Varela's. Varela rarely got it right on the tops, always had problems with shoulders or sleeves. If she buys a piece from a foreign designer, she should definitely consider a jacket before a skirt since skirts are so much easier to be made than jackets.
I agree her hair was unstyled in Portugal as most days and it shows. I am only repeating myself it's blah boring badly cut and too dark. With little effort it could look much better.

To be honest I thought the jacket was from Hugo Boss too as I had seen the complete combination from him somewhere last year. I thought that at the PoAA the jacket was fitted much better, probably due to pregnancy, this time I thought it was ill fitting in some pics If it is Varela's no wonder it looks ill fitting as he rarely gets it right (as you said, shoulders etc), but how can it be that Letizia only buys the skirt and not the whole combination. Where is the sense in combining it with a lookalike Varela jacket if there is an original? Price? Whatever, it shows Varela makes her look second class, he has no idea how to dress a royal.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent

i agree, i don't think varela is the best option. adolfo dominguez is in my opinion much better and she seems to be comfortable with him as well. much more business-like, but with some supper classy and trendy outfits every now and then. i think adolfo would suit letizia a lot better and it's a shame she chose to go for varela and leave adolfo for some ocasions. it is also quite well-priced.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

22-10-07 in a white jacket & a skirt or dress -
picture
closer view

23-10-07 in a brown/grey jacket with a brown dress
full view
close up of jacket
Old 10-25-2007, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Repeating the outfit on Oct 24, 2007
picture
Old 10-25-2007, 06:58 AM
Royal Highness

i love th outfit, but make me confusion she repeat him in so litle time. i am 100% favour of the reciclyng but in very short time no..
Old 10-25-2007, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by micas View Post
i love th outfit, but make me confusion she repeat him in so litle time. i am 100% favour of the reciclyng but in very short time no..
I think i wouldve prefered if she had used the coat with a different outfit or the dress with a blck coat if she was going to recycle in such a short time but not really bothered about it because it was a nice outfit
Old 10-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Oct 25, 2007 in a stripped pencil skirt with a cardigan matched up with a wide belt.

Full length
close up

I know the cardian is a recycle not too sure about the skirt
Old 10-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent

beautiful new style for letizia... she looked super.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

I like this grey outfit quite much, althought the belt doesn´t quite fit in to it, maybe the belt should have been grey too.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Oct 26, 2007 Letizia at a ceremony held at the Hotel Reconquista in Oviedo, ahead of the 2007 Prince of Asturias Award Ceremony (isifa)

Wonderful suit, especially the detailing on the front of the skirt, but imo it needs tobe brighten up abit, looks boring, maybe a colored top would do.
Full view
Full view 2
Close up

Oct 27, 2006 delivering today the Prize of the Exemplary Town to the people of Moreda and to the Society the Humanitarians of San Martín
I think the outfit is nice, like the coat, i think it was the right choice for walking around, think Letizia looked nice.
Full view
Full view 2
side view
close up

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess letizia, fashion