Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 19: April 2011 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I think...she is too thin..and everything she dresses looks like this because of her slim figure...but I don't think that is a bad look at all, it is a blue dark suit with a stripe blouse...average... nothing special but nice!

If it was a striped shirt I would not mind but at the end of the day as a future Queen sometimes fashion is not the right step you should take.

Her designer (Varela) usually put pieces together for her. The event was with the college students, she probably decided to choose a more youngful look ( a striped shirt intead of a white blouse). I saw a lady walking behind her also wore a dark suit with a striped shirt.

Her designer (Varela) usually put pieces together for her. The event was with the college students, she probably decided to choose a more youngful look ( a striped shirt intead of a white blouse). I saw a lady walking behind her also wore a dark suit with a striped shirt.

Just because the event was with college students Letizia isnt supposed to dress like she was one of them.

I really dont see why other people's looks should be used as a valid excuse that Letizia is turning up at an event looking messy/sloppy yet again, other people dont happen to be the next Queen of Spain, do they?

Im sure Varela does put looks together but I doubt he would choose a stripped t-shirt :) Even if another person in the audience is wearing something very similar, doesn't mean Letizia should. If she wanted a more youngful look, she could've easily done it with a printed skirt, plain top and a chunky necklace.

Grey outfit at audiences, the shiny shirt is back!
Everything is recyled and I cant help thinking that it took Letizia 5 seconds to throw something on before running to the event, grabbing some pieces that were lying around in the wardrobe.
While the individual pieces are not bad, the look is quite messy and rushed.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/11...4CEB187870B545B34AEB8FA7E792810FF9114399A430B
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/11...31041D25EE0E15B34AEB8FA7E7928BBB30F49DD86F8B4
Close up
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/11...086498A7D49695B34AEB8FA7E79289BE0956D11529C30
ugly shoes
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/11...9A75F6E0A7EE15B34AEB8FA7E7928AD96DDCE92EC64A5

The jacket is nice but it was over and over recycled.That's too much
I dislike the pant,shirt and necklace
It's seems ugly platforms are back:lol:
I liked her recent shoes but those one are really not my cup of tea

The shoes don't look so bad as they blend in with the pants. I wish she gets rid of that top, I don't like it especially with that jacket.

Everything is recyled and I cant help thinking that it took Letizia 5 seconds to throw something on before running to the event, grabbing some pieces that were lying around in the wardrobe.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/11...4CEB187870B545B34AEB8FA7E792810FF9114399A430B
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/11...31041D25EE0E15B34AEB8FA7E7928BBB30F49DD86F8B4
Close up
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/11...086498A7D49695B34AEB8FA7E79289BE0956D11529C30
ugly shoes
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/11...9A75F6E0A7EE15B34AEB8FA7E7928AD96DDCE92EC64A5

I agree, she just looks sloppy most times I've seen pictures of her lately.

i miss her early fashion as princess!!! its not that i dislike this fashion, but its not my taste at all.

I think Letizia looks great, I just wish she chose another shirt to break up the gray but other than that her hair and makeup look amazing as usual.

Letizia also visited the Spanish Association Against Cancer today, with the same outfit.
Daylife
Daylife
I have always liked this jacket very much. But she should but it to her closet and wear it again about 5 years gone.

Letizia doesn't look youthful when she dresses like this. She looks sloppy, and it doesn't matter that this is what the fashion magazines are showing, if they are. I find it hard to believe she isn't assertive enough to veto the pieces that Varela or anyone else puts together if it isn't a flattering fit for her. What does the clothing of the lady behind her have to do with how Letizia dresses?

Just because the event was with college students Letizia isnt supposed to dress like she was one of them.

I really dont see why other people's looks should be used as a valid excuse that Letizia is turning up at an event looking messy/sloppy yet again, other people dont happen to be the next Queen of Spain, do they?

She didn't dress like a college student this time, she wore a suit and the college kids didn't. Some thought this look was messy/sloppy, others might think it was cool/neat, tastes differ, that makes the fashion world less boring.

Im sure Varela does put looks together but I doubt he would choose a stripped t-shirt :) .

Why not ? The look has been in the fashion magazines, catalogs, store windows, Varela has never been very creative on his own.

What does the clothing of the lady behind her have to do with how Letizia dresses?

I only meant it has been a popular look for a working woman and Letizia didn't create this look.

Last edited:
Letizia also visited the Spanish Association Against Cancer today, with the same outfit.
Daylife
Daylife
I have always liked this jacket very much. But she should but it to her closet and wear it again about 5 years gone.

I like this very much on her.
Lovely soft colours.
Only the shoes are not my favorite.

Last edited:

Close up
ugly shoes

I agree, this outfit looks indeed rushed.
I really like the jacket and the pearls, such a kind of style would be a nice change and it suits her!
The top isn't that bad either, doesn't match with the jacket though. I don't like the trousers or the shoes, both look rather cheap. :ermm:

Well I said it before... she is dressing like a business women, to Princess Letizia this is her work, when she attend audiences she is working...when she attend meetings and events she is working, so she dresses like a business women so many times because she is working... this is her work...:flowers: not a party!

Well I said it before... she is dressing like a business women, to Princess Letizia this is her work, when she attend audiences she is working...when she attend meetings and events she is working, so she dresses like a business women so many times because she is working... this is her work...:flowers: not a party!

The intention might be to dress like a business woman but the execution is very poor ... millions of women in professional offices with less money available look better put together and wouldnt even dream about going to work wearing suits that dont match or fit and with messy hair.

And Letizia knows better since she used to be a business woman and used to dress like one but that was before she married into casareal.

The comparison to a professional looking and working business woman is almost an insult, we talking about a royal who doesnt do a regular 8 or 10 hour job in an office but shows up 2 or 3 times a week for an hour or so in full media spotlight, apparently with people in the background who put outfits together in the background?

The intention might be to dress like a business woman but the execution is very poor ... millions of women in professional offices with less money available look better put together and wouldnt even dream about going to work wearing suits that dont match or fit and with messy hair.

And Letizia knows better since she used to be a business woman and used to dress like one but that was before she married into casareal.

The comparison to a professional looking and working business woman is almost an insult, we talking about a royal who doesnt do a regular 8 or 10 hour job in an office but shows up 2 or 3 times a week for an hour or so in full media spotlight, apparently with people in the background who put outfits together in the background?

The business fashion has envolved over the years, today lots of professional women choose more relaxed looking clothes, not necessary formally matching two-piece suits or dress coats. Letizia's clothes are fine for a career woman going to work, I think that's the look she is after, she just wants to look normal, not luxurious.
I think her hair and makeup usually look pretty good for someone without the professional help. It's fine for a daily royal act. However for some big day time events, ex. national day, state visits or oversea trips, she should get hair professionally done, especially for the oversea trips with a different weather, if the SRF doesn't like hiring a local hairdresser, then bring one to the trip (Sofia always has a hairstylist).
How do you know she and Felipe don't work 8-10 hours a day ? I always heard they prepare acts down to very details, sometimes knew more than the people who organized the acts, on top they have 3 foundations (two very big ones, PoA and PoV).

How do you know she and Felipe don't work 8-10 hours a day ? I always heard they prepare acts down to very details, sometimes knew more than the people who organized the acts, on top they have 3 foundations (two very big ones, PoA and PoV).

I never said they dont work 8-10 hours a day, no idea if they do. But if they do, they can do a lot of work in their pyjamas, so to say, without having to look appealing, because compared to regular workers their "work" at events is only limited hours.

The business fashion has envolved over the years, today lots of professional women choose more relaxed looking clothes, not necessary formally matching two-piece suits or dress coats. Letizia's clothes are fine for a career woman going to work, I think that's the look she is after, she just wants to look normal, not luxurious.
I think her hair and makeup usually look pretty good for someone without the professional help. It's fine for a daily royal act. However for some big day time events, ex. national day, state visits or oversea trips, she should get hair professionally done, especially for the oversea trips with a different weather, if the SRF doesn't like hiring a local hairdresser, then bring one to the trip (Sofia always has a hairstylist).

The point keeps being made that she doesn't want to look luxurious. She just wants to look like a normal working woman. I've been in many offices in my life, and it isn't normal to show up with clothing that doesn't fit, pieces that don't look good together, stringy hair and dressing like a teenager...unless you are hoping to snag a spot on "What Not To Wear." Granted some do dress this way, but they aren't members of a royal family. And it's not about wearing clothes that scream "I'm a royal, look at me," as some have suggested. Surely Letizia can do better than this. It really doesn't matter that business fashion has changed over the years. Sloppy is never in style, and neither is showing up for an engagement in clothing that says, "you know, I just really couldn't be bothered to make an effort."

The point keeps being made that she doesn't want to look luxurious. She just wants to look like a normal working woman. I've been in many offices in my life, and it isn't normal to show up with clothing that doesn't fit, pieces that don't look good together, stringy hair and dressing like a teenager...unless you are hoping to snag a spot on "What Not To Wear." Granted some do dress this way, but they aren't members of a royal family. And it's not about wearing clothes that scream "I'm a royal, look at me," as some have suggested. Surely Letizia can do better than this. It really doesn't matter that business fashion has changed over the years. Sloppy is never in style, and neither is showing up for an engagement in clothing that says, "you know, I just really couldn't be bothered to make an effort."

Well said, I totally agree.

Letizia at the first communion of Miguel Urdangarin
ABC

Your statement is correct, however it doesn't apply to the last two appearances you complained so much. Her suits with shirts inside looked perfectly fine at the office (many of my officemates dressed this way), her hair and makeup were good for someone without the professional help.

I never said they dont work 8-10 hours a day, no idea if they do. But if they do, they can do a lot of work in their pyjamas, so to say, without having to look appealing, because compared to regular workers their "work" at events is only limited hours.

I don't think they can wear pyjamas at Zarzuela (where their offices are). One convenient thing is that they don't need to commute, stuck in the traffic every working day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom