The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The intention might be to dress like a business woman but the execution is very poor ... millions of women in professional offices with less money available look better put together and wouldnt even dream about going to work wearing suits that dont match or fit and with messy hair.

And Letizia knows better since she used to be a business woman and used to dress like one but that was before she married into casareal.

The comparison to a professional looking and working business woman is almost an insult, we talking about a royal who doesnt do a regular 8 or 10 hour job in an office but shows up 2 or 3 times a week for an hour or so in full media spotlight, apparently with people in the background who put outfits together in the background?
The business fashion has envolved over the years, today lots of professional women choose more relaxed looking clothes, not necessary formally matching two-piece suits or dress coats. Letizia's clothes are fine for a career woman going to work, I think that's the look she is after, she just wants to look normal, not luxurious.
I think her hair and makeup usually look pretty good for someone without the professional help. It's fine for a daily royal act. However for some big day time events, ex. national day, state visits or oversea trips, she should get hair professionally done, especially for the oversea trips with a different weather, if the SRF doesn't like hiring a local hairdresser, then bring one to the trip (Sofia always has a hairstylist).
How do you know she and Felipe don't work 8-10 hours a day ? I always heard they prepare acts down to very details, sometimes knew more than the people who organized the acts, on top they have 3 foundations (two very big ones, PoA and PoV).

Old 05-28-2011, 01:17 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
How do you know she and Felipe don't work 8-10 hours a day ? I always heard they prepare acts down to very details, sometimes knew more than the people who organized the acts, on top they have 3 foundations (two very big ones, PoA and PoV).
I never said they dont work 8-10 hours a day, no idea if they do. But if they do, they can do a lot of work in their pyjamas, so to say, without having to look appealing, because compared to regular workers their "work" at events is only limited hours.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The business fashion has envolved over the years, today lots of professional women choose more relaxed looking clothes, not necessary formally matching two-piece suits or dress coats. Letizia's clothes are fine for a career woman going to work, I think that's the look she is after, she just wants to look normal, not luxurious.
I think her hair and makeup usually look pretty good for someone without the professional help. It's fine for a daily royal act. However for some big day time events, ex. national day, state visits or oversea trips, she should get hair professionally done, especially for the oversea trips with a different weather, if the SRF doesn't like hiring a local hairdresser, then bring one to the trip (Sofia always has a hairstylist).
The point keeps being made that she doesn't want to look luxurious. She just wants to look like a normal working woman. I've been in many offices in my life, and it isn't normal to show up with clothing that doesn't fit, pieces that don't look good together, stringy hair and dressing like a teenager...unless you are hoping to snag a spot on "What Not To Wear." Granted some do dress this way, but they aren't members of a royal family. And it's not about wearing clothes that scream "I'm a royal, look at me," as some have suggested. Surely Letizia can do better than this. It really doesn't matter that business fashion has changed over the years. Sloppy is never in style, and neither is showing up for an engagement in clothing that says, "you know, I just really couldn't be bothered to make an effort."
Old 05-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
The point keeps being made that she doesn't want to look luxurious. She just wants to look like a normal working woman. I've been in many offices in my life, and it isn't normal to show up with clothing that doesn't fit, pieces that don't look good together, stringy hair and dressing like a teenager...unless you are hoping to snag a spot on "What Not To Wear." Granted some do dress this way, but they aren't members of a royal family. And it's not about wearing clothes that scream "I'm a royal, look at me," as some have suggested. Surely Letizia can do better than this. It really doesn't matter that business fashion has changed over the years. Sloppy is never in style, and neither is showing up for an engagement in clothing that says, "you know, I just really couldn't be bothered to make an effort."
Well said, I totally agree.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia at the first communion of Miguel Urdangarin
ABC
Old 05-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
ABC
Looks very tidy and well-groomed!
Old 05-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative The Netherlands

Quote:
ABC
Letizia used the same embroidered white coat that she wore at the Christening of the Infanta Sofia on July 2007
The dress under the coat is different from 2007. Today seeems that she wore a grey dress.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Your statement is correct, however it doesn't apply to the last two appearances you complained so much. Her suits with shirts inside looked perfectly fine at the office (many of my officemates dressed this way), her hair and makeup were good for someone without the professional help.

Quote:
I never said they dont work 8-10 hours a day, no idea if they do. But if they do, they can do a lot of work in their pyjamas, so to say, without having to look appealing, because compared to regular workers their "work" at events is only limited hours.
I don't think they can wear pyjamas at Zarzuela (where their offices are). One convenient thing is that they don't need to commute, stuck in the traffic every working day.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
ABC
Love this lace coat.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Letizia used the same embroidered white coat that she wore at the Christening of the Infanta Sofia on July 2007
The dress under the coat is different from 2007. Today seeems that she wore a grey dress.
Beautiful coat, but I prefer it over a white dress.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
ABC
Finally Letizia recycling one of her older outfits, Ive always loved this coat, simply elegant & flattering. I hope we can get better pictures of her wearing it.
The only disappointing thing to me is her hair, looks to boring, too plain and too simple for such a look.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:16 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The same dress at the presentation of Infanta Sofia to the Atocha virgin.
http://www.terra.com.co/addon/img/mu...ia_g8.jpgg.jpg

I dont like the grey underneath, looks much better with white.
Not a fan of Cristina's cardi or hairstyle either.
Best dressed are for me Sofia & Elena, as usual.

Armed Forces Day in Malaga, 29.05.

A recycled red suit
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...p2blp/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...AncLi/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...bVgbb/x610.jpg

Not liking the different fabrics of the thick jacket, TShirt & thin skirt. But at least its a professional suit.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:

A recycled red suit

Not liking the different fabrics of the thick jacket, TShirt & thin skirt. But at least its a professional suit.
I didn't like the sparkle in the jacket, it seems almost cheap. But overall it's a good look. And the skirt is beautiful!
Old 05-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the red, but I too dislike the sparkle. All in all, she looks lovely.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

Is it a Varela suit??

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 05-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Letizia looks amazing in red. It's really her color!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Your statement is correct, however it doesn't apply to the last two appearances you complained so much. Her suits with shirts inside looked perfectly fine at the office (many of my officemates dressed this way), her hair and makeup were good for someone without the professional help
Well, it's settled then. Letizia will look right at home if she decides to work in an office.

I really like the lace coat she wore to the first communion of her nephew. Very pretty!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:

A recycled red suit

Nice suit. She looks good.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

A really nice suit, especially the color. I like the dress/skirt fact that it is softly layered at the bottom.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
The intention might be to dress like a business woman but the execution is very poor ... millions of women in professional offices with less money available look better put together and wouldnt even dream about going to work wearing suits that dont match or fit and with messy hair.

And Letizia knows better since she used to be a business woman and used to dress like one but that was before she married into casareal.

The comparison to a professional looking and working business woman is almost an insult, we talking about a royal who doesnt do a regular 8 or 10 hour job in an office but shows up 2 or 3 times a week for an hour or so in full media spotlight, apparently with people in the background who put outfits together in the background?
All it means is that you don't like her dressing style, that's all. Right now Letizia is dressing as individually and discretly as..

a) she is a woman dressing up like the majority of other woman in her own culture and generation in Spain, and

b) the economic situation and the SRH allows her. At this point in time, the further she is from the news the better.

Letizia is very frugal in her personal expenditure - no Pradas, Chanels, Versace etc are part of her everyday clothes or accessories. And good for her for understanding the mood of her country.