Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 18: February 2011 - April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious press rarely talked about fashion, even if they did, usually at the 'Gente' section. Tabloids magazines or TV heart programs talked about her clothes all the time. Tastes varied, people who are not interested at royals in general might not have the same taste as some of the posters in this forum. The suits she wore the first couple of years that liked by many posters didn't seem to be too popular, in general, considered too old for her. I remember some journalists at a heart program of Antena 3 thought she looked amazing in that garnet Mango dress and red tights, so vibrant and beautiful, not many women could look slim in red tights (which is true) :).

Hi DonnaK, I remember that many forum members criticized Letizia's classic suits as "boring".

Conference Princess Letizia attends the International Conference of the World Health Organization (WHO) Environmental and Occupational Determinants of Cancer: Primary Prevention Interventions at Niemeyer Center in Aviles, Asturias, Spain

Pic1 - Pic2 - Pic3

I find the whole styling quite outdated. She could have worn this simple grey suit much better.

The suit is brown... and the "woman next to her" is the Minister of Health

Lula, can you post a photo that shows the suit is clearly brown?? It's really odd, I actually see it as silver grey...:confused:

lula said:
The suit is brown... and the "woman next to her" is the Minister of Health

She's still wearing shiny purple leggings regardless of who she is, and I also don't see the brown in suit, looks grey to me....

The suit looks grey to me, maybe a little big brown shade, espeically in the videos, the grey suit she wore the other day had a bit blue shade. Letizia happens to like grey pantsuits for the winter, white pantsuits for a warmer weather. She has a few sets for each color (she bought them over the years). Grey suits are a bit boring, but neat and professional. This grey suit has a pocket on the left front.

The outfit of the minister of health is not too bad except for the shinny leggings. It would look better if she is slimmer.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9102/73628084.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4923/26080110.jpg

Look a bit brown here
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/204/profimedia0091656872.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Uah, I didn't notice the brown shoes! That doesn't even match the (again) grey suit...
But I have to say she looks nice today.

I see the suit as grey too and some decent black pumps would have done the job perfectly....

Agree, and it almost looks as if it's the same suit she wore the day before with the pink shirt. I could be wrong on that. In any event, the shoes/boots are a big mismatch. The suit is lovely and really tailored nicely for her frame. I like the necklace Letizia is wearing.

Lovely suit. Letizia looks very nice, and I love the necklace.

I think it's a nice and professional outfit, but a little bit boring. I miss an eyecatcher (like a nice necklace or a cute bag in another colour) but I think she's on the safe side with this outfit, not bad but not the best outfit ever. Shoe's are pretty bad. They're not ugly but don't match the outfit at all, they look worse when she's sitting but when she was standing it wasn't that bad. Can't wait for summer when Letizia likes to wear more colourfull dresses and white pants with lovely shirts :)

I really can't complain about her outfit, it looks professional and appropriate for the occasion. The necklace is a nice touch.

The outfit is neat and professionnal.
Her shoes are IMO hideous as usual

If I had to choose between boring and unprofessional...boring would win hands down.

Its not that exciting but how often we do all wear exciting clothes to work? You don't because you are working!

Letizia main fashion sense IMO is when she wears dresses or formal events. Or as previously mentioned in the summer when she is on vacation. She always look nice.

The suit is not bad at all but what was she thinking with brown shoes.

Letizia looks professional. The suit is nice as the blouse, I also like the necklace.
The brown shoes aren't a good choice

her look was nice, even if the color of the blouse dosen't suit her a lot, i think that the choice of the outfit was the right for this event

Today, at lunch for the president of Ireland:
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Letizia has used this outfit many times with different top and shoes, last May:
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
The shoes are better this time than before, and the new blouse is ok.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom