Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 18: February 2011 - April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had no clue about royalty I would never guess that the woman on the left in the clownish outfit was somehow related to the other well-dressed people in the picture. If I had no clue about royalty I would think that King and Queen are in the center of the picture and that the CP couple are the man on the left and the woman on the right. After finding out the truth, I would be gobsmacked that the woman on the left is supposed to be the future Queen of Spain who - even after almost seven years of marriage - obviously hasnt developed any sense of how to represent and present herself as a character in a professional manner.

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/ima...rte/20110228_premios_nacionales_deporte_5.jpg

Terrble...shiny, grey and capri pants? Ughh...awful!

Why on earth she decided to use this hideous outfit! Actually it is beyond hideous...:sick:

The blouse and the jacket are fine. I don't like the pants
I agree Marika. She should take them in; the blouse looks very decent; I'd buy the same one if I could. :)

Last edited:
OMG:eek::eek::eek:, I can't believe what I see.I was speechless for ten minutes.
The outfit is beyond ridiculous.
Except the blouse which is descent,the rest is a total nightmare.
Those ridiculous shoes again :sick: and this unflattering pant:bang:
And again some magazines will think that she is the most fashionable and classy:lol::lol:
What a big difference between Leti and the other members of the royal family.Personnally,I would be ashamed to wear such an outfit in the presence of their majesties.Given her latest descent outfits,I started to hope that she has matured and has forgotten her teenager years.Really,she is totally inconsistent in her choices.Wake-up Leti,you are a princess ,not a celebrity.Let those fashion-victim outfits for Lady Gaga and her likes.
I guess,even Catherine Middleton who is younger wouldn't wear something like this.

Everything in the outfit is wrong... :wacko:
But her hair and make-up are looking very good!

There is some blue color and patterns in the grey suit.

http://www.terra.es/addon/img/feed/deportes/20110228/72503bc7932adg.jpg
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:25604259:preview:watermark?v=12e482358c9

If I had no clue about royalty I would never guess that the woman on the left in the clownish outfit was somehow related to the other well-dressed people in the picture. If I had no clue about royalty I would think that King and Queen are in the center of the picture and that the CP couple are the man on the left and the woman on the right. After finding out the truth, I would be gobsmacked that the woman on the left is supposed to be the future Queen of Spain who - even after almost seven years of marriage - obviously hasnt developed any sense of how to represent and present herself as a character in a professional manner.

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/ima...rte/20110228_premios_nacionales_deporte_5.jpg

It's a sports award, not meeting Peres, she wore a pantsuit, more on the relaxed, fashionable end, nothing inappropriate about. The Queen and Elena are old, dressed in an old fashion way (although Elena's outfit, especially her red pants are terrible IMO), Letizia doesn't have to dress the same.

It's a sports award, not meeting Peres, she wore a pantsuit, more on the relaxed, fashionable end, nothing inappropriate about. The Queen and Elena are old, dressed in an old fashion way (although Elena's outfit, especially her red pants are terrible IMO), Letizia doesn't have to dress the same.

Letizia doesn't have to dress the same as the Queen and her SIL, but it would be nice if she would dress her age. She looks ridiculous and completely out of place.

Letizia doesn't have to dress the same as the Queen and her SIL, but it would be nice if she would dress her age. She looks ridiculous and completely out of place.

It just resumes to one word. Fitting. She insists in looking juvenile eventhough she is getting closer to her 40's and she ends up looking ridiculous.

She doesn't make the trends work on her; she wants so deseperately to be trendy that she ends up ooking ridiculous and with clothes that look like they arent her size. If you are a royal ifulfilling a duty, no matter you age, fitting and proper clothing is the less expected from you

What happened to the Letizia from the time leading up to her engagement & immediately after? She had so much more style & polish. She must have some inkling that her style choices of late just aren't hitting the mark and arent up to royal standards. All she has to do is look to the other princesses to see that. I really love Letizia, but she has been a real disappointment in the fashion despartment as of late. I hope she's able to bounce back.

The style of her pantsuit this time is for women in 30s or 40s, just a different style, if some are not used to it or don't like it, it's OK, but it's not age inappropriate, no teenagers or early 20s would wear a pantsuit like this.

Last edited:
The blouse and jacket are fine but the pants and shoes are questionable

I just think the whole look is ridiculous, I mean the pants if worn with flats and a very fitted top I would maybe accept it but matching it up with the jacket is really not the correct thing IMO to do.

I think so too. You came out with a very good conclusion. :flowers:

What happened to the Letizia from the time leading up to her engagement & immediately after? She had so much more style & polish. She must have some inkling that her style choices of late just aren't hitting the mark and arent up to royal standards. All she has to do is look to the other princesses to see that. I really love Letizia, but she has been a real disappointment in the fashion despartment as of late. I hope she's able to bounce back.
¨

I totally agree with you. I look at pictures from the time they got engaged and married, and that woman in those pics are gone. I really wonder what happended to her.

Now Letizia look extremely thin and she has been so for several years now, and don't forget that cameras put on extra weight. Still Letizia look horrible thin. Imagine what she is like in real..

Her choice in clothing har really been a downward spiral in my opinion. She is very beautiful and has a lot of potential. But she come across as not elegant anymore. There is from time to time surprises, where she hit the bulls eye big time. Then she is very beautiful. But the clothes, and not to mention the shoes she chose to wear, has not been god for a long time. I don't understand hat she doesn't see that big bulky shoes makes her resemble Dolly Duck, with her skinny skinny legs in big big shoes. It isn't good at all. It doesn't matter that it is fashion with the kind of hideous shoes that is so hot now. It is possible to buy shoes that is in fashion, and less Dolly Duck looking by being not big and bulky.

I really hope to see more beautiful photos of Letizia in the future. :flowers:

The top part of this outfit is very nice, especially the blouse. But the pant are horrible, too trendy I think. The shoes are ok, but not for offial engagement.

I just think the whole look is ridiculous, I mean the pants if worn with flats and a very fitted top I would maybe accept it but matching it up with the jacket is really not the correct thing IMO to do.

Absolutely correct. These might be funny pants worn an afternoon on holidays, with flat shoes, but never with these (awful shoes) in an official occasion EVEN a sport award.

Letizia seems to have lost her class on dressing. Since she becomes "older" she looks dressed more rocky and 20ish ...

:eek:

As always the pants and the shoes ruin her outfits. It's a pity, I like the upper part.

The only lady appropriately dressed is Queen Sofia. Elena is a mess with bright red pants and white shoes and a brown jacket. Letizia with the cropped pants and those shoes. Did she think there was going to be a flood at the ceremony? I like cropped pants, but there really is no formal occasion to wear cropped pants.
Yes, it was a sports ceremony, but Letizia and Elena can dress beautifully and not be laughable.

:previous: The other grey suit looked a thousand times better on Letizia. The pants were fitting much better... furtermore the straight cut pants looked much better with the matching jacket.
The cropped pants + ruffled jacket with long sleeves... there was just too much going on.

Terrible...uninspired. She's clearly uninterested in looking her best these days. And the grey suggests a somber mood; unless she thinks people will take her more seriously. Unfortunately it sparks more fashion discussions rather than less.

The black leather jacket and brown pants are indeed fashion uninspired, but they were visiting two centers for the mentally disabled people, the clothes are discreet and appropriate. Good to know that the money left by the Balearic millionaire has been put to good use.

http://www.hola.com/imagenes//reale...a/herencia-balada/0-171-286/principes-1-z.jpg
http://www.hola.com/imagenes//reale...a/herencia-balada/0-171-287/principes-2-z.jpg

On that point we can agree, donnaK! It really is wonderful that the money was used for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom