Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 16: October 2010 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like her look today. Suits the occasion, and she looks nice. I can't see the fit of the pants, but from what is shown they look alright.

I agree it would be nice to see her do something with her hair rather than the same old same old.

Letizia looks very good today, professional and really pretty. I like this look.

I agree. But at least in China she wore a pretty colored blouse with the grey! She really needs to add some zing to her wardrobe as it is really drab, lately....

one of my ladies wore exactly the same coat when she visited me.....oh, if I could only remember what designer it was.:confused::dizzy::D I think it looks good, the suit is not bad, but once again nothing that could THRILL me. Did you get it? Ha ha! ;) ;)

I like white shirt better than the pink one. Personally I wouldn't wear a pink shirt inside a grey suit. She was opening a center for blind people, her outfit looked neat and professional.
valentino1012, I think the cream color coat is Max Mara, at least lookalike, Letizia has this coat since 2004.

thanks to donnaK! 2004, wow! it still looks great i have to say. why yes,Madame Dubois is apparently broke so it fits.

I really do love Letizia, but she needs a stylist...PLEASE!!! Her outfits jump from one spectrum to another with no rhyme or reason to them. I miss the Letizia with the beautiful Armani suit from her engagement. I just dont know what to think anymore when it comes to her clothes, she has such potential. So sad ='(
I really don´t understand when people here claim for Letizia to have and Stylist or to put bright colours...well she just don´t want bright colours! she just don´t want to be a doll to be photographed, she prefers to be closer to the people in the oficial visits, she prefers to say hello to the people more than looking unnaccessible and cold, and she can do it better when she looks discret and approchable.
The Armani suit was widely critizised in Spain, with an huge fashion industry paying their taxes to support the country, as is completelly logical in my opinion...
She is a great woman, a hard worker and an intelligent woman that had understood real problems in Spain and new roles for the Monarchy, that was restored in Spain 35 years ago, and it is still very fragile!

I really don´t understand when people here claim for Letizia to have and Stylist or to put bright colours...well she just don´t want bright colours! she just don´t want to be a doll to be photographed, she prefers to be closer to the people in the oficial visits, she prefers to say hello to the people more than looking unnaccessible and cold, and she can do it better when she looks discret and approchable.
The Armani suit was widely critizised in Spain, with an huge fashion industry paying their taxes to support the country, as is completelly logical in my opinion...
She is a great woman, a hard worker and an intelligent woman that had understood real problems in Spain and new roles for the Monarchy, that was restored in Spain 35 years ago, and it is still very fragile!

This argument gets used a lot, but it's never made sense to me :flowers: There's no reason she can't be "close to the people" while wearing better quality clothing. None. And if the Monarchy was/is still fragile then the rest of the royal family would be dressing like Letizia. And they aren't. As far as her being photographed like a doll, Letizia is the one who has chosen to be a "fashion princess" by wearing the latest trendy pieces and sky high shoes. If she wanted to be discreet and didn't want the attention focused on her clothing she wouldn't wear some of the things she does.

I understand that some love how she dresses, and that's fine. This is all personal opinion and likes and dislikes. I don't disagree with you that she is hard working and intelligent. She seems like a lovely person, but IMHO she could use some help from a stylist.

then why does she look like one, wearing miniskirts and platform shoes?
I don't defend the platform shoes ( I haven't liked many of them so far) but I think she just wants to reduce the difference of height between her and Philipe...

Letizia was the one princess who wanted to be recognized for something else than looks. Six years later she is a fashion trendsetter for the spanish media and the only CP with a confirmed plastic surgery.

Women in high profile positions who dont want to be recognized for their looks only have one chance: they have to dress "uniform", similar to men in suits. QEII is perfection in that sense, always wearing similar classic suits in bright colours, so people can see her from a distance. Plus, as a royal, making use of her jewellery. Queen Sofia walks on a similar path, classical suits, same hairdo for years, see Queen Beatrix, see Princess Royal etc etc etc. German chancellor Angela Merkel wears the same kind of costumes all the time, same hairdo, same jewellery.

What I want to say is that only those who are strong enough to implement their own style without running after the latest trends and dont mind being labelled boring or old fashioned by the mags that want to make money will be recognized for what they do, not for how they look.

Letizia is world famous for walking up the stairs next to Carla Bruni in a re dress, not for what she has done in her function as CP of Spain.

I appreciate your comments princechermed.

The grey suit looked very flattering but the color did her no good, it was too silver/grey for her IMO. loved the hair but a bit borings eeing it a lot at daytime events and at some evening events.

I don't see anything wrong with the grey suit. It looks nice and professional. I'm glad she used a different colour to go with it other than the usual white or black.

Love that grey dress the detailing makes it interesting and unique

I like the grey dress. This kind of dresses suit her figure a lot IMO.

Yes, the cut utterly underlines her model-like figure but I don't know why she insists on the gray color so much...But yes, this hue does not look very tragic... I like the shoes like the last time.

Yes, the cut utterly underlines her model-like figure but I don't know why she insists on the gray color so much...But yes, this hue does not look very tragic... I like the shoes like the last time.

Maybe it's her fall / winter colour of choice ;)?

The detail of the dress looks pretty indeed, but overall a bit too grey. :D
I don't think grey is the best colour for her and I will never like those shoes. ;)

I am tired of seeing her in dull grey. I think it is time to add some color. And it is definitely time to change her style of shoes... (I know that I am dreaming, but at the very least, buy some New shoes?)

I like this grey dresss a lot - it really suits her figure.

Dress+ankles boots are very fashionable, suits her very well, if she wore normal pumps, it would have been more boring. I like the curls at the end.
Monic, thanks for the pictures from purepeople.

http://static1.purepeople.com/artic...zia-d-espagne-et-son-epoux-felipe-637x0-4.jpg
http://static1.purepeople.com/artic...zia-d-espagne-et-son-epoux-felipe-637x0-2.jpg

This is the perfect look! Letizia could be model, if she wouldn't be royal, and these are types of dresses that enhance model's slim body and good posture. I'm model, our agents always say we must wear these dresses and fix our hair like that, because everything is perfect and so amazing! Ankle boots look more beautiful on slim legs, like Letizia's legs. Everything is great, I wouldnt change nothing in this look.

Visit to Merida, Nov 5th

Lovely jacket, repeated, I think its Boss.
Full view
http://resizer.hoy.es/resizer/resiz...alto=570&copyright=conCopyright&encrypt=false
Close up
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo...operen-para-tener-alumnos-libres-01$599x0.jpg

I dont like the pants at all. Skinny pants look horrible on Letizia, wide legged pants are much better.
Strange posture:
http://resizer.hoy.es/resizer/resiz...alto=570&copyright=conCopyright&encrypt=false

I agree. The skinny pants really are not a good look on her. They bring whatever outfit she has on down a notch and makes her look way too casual. The jacket is very pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom