Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 15: August 2010 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The platform shoes today are not only worn by many celebrities, many older politicians in Spain also wore platform shoes (for example, the President of Madrid Community next to Letizia today), even Queen Sofia wore platform shoes occasionally. I remember seeing the Russian state visit to France, many French women at the state dinner wore platform shoes.

I actually like the outfits from the school photoshoot and today. Both were leaps and bounds better than I've seen from her lately. The pants fit better and the tops are very nice. The shoes on both days actually go with the clothes so I don't have a problem with any of them.

And as long as she continues to wear ugly shoes it will continue to be mentioned! This is a thead dealing with her daytime fashion:flowers:
But, I don't think that they are all ugly. Actually neither do the upscale affluent women in New York and Chicago as they are all paying thousands to wear the same style. If I was younger, believe me, I would too.

And as long as she continues to wear ugly shoes it will continue to be mentioned! This is a thead dealing with her daytime fashion:flowers:

That I understand. I was just referring to the post saying, it's nothing new :).

But, personally, I do not find them ugly. Some better, some worse. But not ugly.

Letizia looks pretty nice, I wish her pants were a tiny bit shorter. It makes me nervous when she came down the stairs, her heels could have caught on her pant hem and she could have fallen. Her hair doesn't look bad.

I love the pants, not so much her shoes.. and she could have look better with a ponytail.

She wears khakis and nudes well, I like it when she's trying to give an edgy end to her looks. At the Young fashion designers she was striking. I don't expect less from her, a modern princess she is in the end!

During the early years of Princess, her shoes were beautiful . In any case, by the terrible reviews that some people do, it seems that the only "famous" person wearing platform shoes is she, when is the most common of actresses, models, celebrities, etc..
Just look at the tv or buy: Hello, Vogue, ...
This is what I have been reading: It is fine for all women to wear platform shoes except Letizia.

Chuchu, it's fine for all women to do/wear whatever they want except for Letizia!

In one of her threads, I read people complaining about the time she wore a skirt and the wind blew it up. "She should only wear pants!!" they yelled.

So she wears pants and people complain that it's not lady-like, it's not attractive, it's not dressy enough.

Then people wonder why she looks so sad/stressed all the time. The poor woman can never win.

This is what I have been reading: It is fine for all women to wear platform shoes except Letizia.

She has worn worse outfits indeed. I like the top. All in all quite okay, if only other shoes...

Then people wonder why she looks so sad/stressed all the time. The poor woman can never win.
Do you seriously think she looks stressed because people in TRF fashion threads complain about her outfits? I mean, seriously? :whistling:
I always have the feeling that some people think that everyone who criticizes Letizia or her fashion hates Letizia and therefore criticize everything she wears.
Personally I like Letizia (she seems to be a warm and friendly woman, who is hard working) and still I often criticize her outfits, because I really don't like her fashion taste at all and personally I often think she dresses horribly and not appropriate.

Today's outfit is lovely. I like her in grey.

The combination is good - great grey clothes :whistling:
I do not like the belt!

I love the jacket, all in all the outfit looks nice. I don't mind the belt much.

Do you seriously think she looks stressed because people in TRF fashion threads complain about her outfits? I mean, seriously? :whistling:
I always have the feeling that some people think that everyone who criticizes Letizia or her fashion hates Letizia and therefore criticize everything she wears.
Personally I like Letizia (she seems to be a warm and friendly woman, who is hard working) and still I often criticize her outfits, because I really don't like her fashion taste at all and personally I often think she dresses horribly and not appropriate.

I agree with you. We are not attacking Letizia the person, we are commenting on her fashion choices and the fact that she has gone from a CP who had the "wow" factor to a CP who has the "what the ?" factor.:flowers:

There are more pics of today's event on another thread, and she does look very nice today.

:previous: he he... I have to agree here, too. ;)

Do you really think that the only people who criticize Letizia are in the TRF fashion threads? I mean, seriously! :whistling:

Please don't think that we're in an insular bubble and are the only people who comment on the royals' attire. Anything that is said here is undoubtedly said just as loudly in public. I'm sure Letizia, and all the other royals, are aware of what people say about them.

And newsflash, a lot of the people who do criticize Letizia's fashion do so because they don't like her. Some have never heard the old adage of 'if you have nothing nice to say...'

Very nice, Letizia has done it right and she looks very stylish in this gray outfit.

That has always been a lovely jacket but she always wears it with a fully grey outfit which seems very boring when worn the same all the time. Would be lovely if matched with white pants or a white pencil skirt.
Back to the look, love her pants, they fit very well and thats a nice cut on her. The top underneath is very boring & dull IMO.

I really think people in this thread should calm down. In the end it's only a fashion thread and it's really not fun anymore to read trough the Letizia threads with all the snide remarks between several members. Can't we all just agree to disagree and stop the cat fights that appear in all of Letizia's fashion threads periodically? :whistling:

Lovely outfit. The jacket is classic and suits her a lot. So true, some members should calm down a bit. Perhaps they fail to notice how lenient and kind most of us are. Although most of her outfits freak us out, we usually come up with expressions like 'it's not very appropriate', 'it doesn't really suit her age and position' etc. I wonder where's the problem with all this.

The top is nice, something different, interesting colour. The purse suits well with the top.
Daylife
Daylife
Profimedia

I do not like the outfit, but I would not say that it is not suitable or of bad taste! Just is not MY cup of tea.

She is nice and smiling, she looks of a better mood taht in the Gerek wedding.

What is wrong with her hair?

I like the dress. It looks very pretty.

Very pretty dress, and the colors suit her. It could be about an inch longer though, and the shoes are a big no.

The dress is beautiful, but I really dont like the cardigan.

Some more pictures of today's outfit:
Full length
Close-up dress
Shoes

Besides the dress being a bit too short, its a great print with nice colors which would be nice for autumn. I don't mind the sweater but I think she should've gone for a bit more color instead of a grey one. I do like the shoes with this look, they do actually look very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom