The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Letizia during the National Day 2010:

Outfit
Full length
Without the poncho

So is this supposed to be a poncho or was she wrapped in a blaket? I can't say... Imo it's a very disappointing choice for the National Day.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Royal Highness

I think, for an event like the National Day, a skirt is much more appropriate.
And whats that??? http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...QX0fD/x610.jpg

Old 10-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Serene Highness

I quite like the outfit without the shawl. Although I also like the shawl and looks pleasing all in all, maybe a jacjet would have been better. But I like the bluse-pants combo.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

I think this isn't the best outfit for the National Day...I don't like it at all
Old 10-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Very strange indeed! That is not a Poncho is a big big scarf...but strange and not elegant at all, maybe is cold in madrid now...
Old 10-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness

I'm very disappointed in Letizia's style -- and, particularly, her outfit today for such a grand national holiday!? Why is she always in pants and shirts? Not even a pants suit that looks like it's been "put together" ...

She really has had very few good fashion days since Frederik & Mary's wedding in 2004.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The outfit without the shawl

Letizia looks so casual next to her sisters-in-law... like she attended a completely different event.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post

Outfit
Full length
Without the poncho

So is this supposed to be a poncho or was she wrapped in a blaket? I can't say...
I agree, I don't like this shawl type thing. I don't like any of the new styles of these loose outer garments. They are being shown all over the runways and I am not impressed. Dislike the Ruanas [most of all], Ponchos, Wraps, and Capes [unless opera length with hood for evening wear]. None of them do anything for a woman's figure, especially one that is over weight as they make her look twice as large instead of hiding. Some just remind me of a woman trying to look like a teenager. The rest of Letizia's outfit rather nice.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

very disappointing indeed i don't think its very appropriate outfit for sush event.
beside her sisters in law Letizia look like she don't take seriously the events she attend IMO.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Letizia looked way out of place but that has been for so many events that she has not been dressing appropriate or dressing for the event.
Letizia's look today was pretty IMO, the shirt matched with the pants is lovely & would look beautiful with a matching jacket or coat.

I wonder why she choose pants, its not an event to wear pants to but a dress or skirt like previous events.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

I agree the outfit is not appropriate for this day. And her hair need a cut.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
very disappointing indeed i don't think its very appropriate outfit for sush event.
beside her sisters in law Letizia look like she don't take seriously the events she attend IMO.
I agree. She looks as if she can't be bothered.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post

Outfit
Full length
Without the poncho

So is this supposed to be a poncho or was she wrapped in a blaket? I can't say... Imo it's a very disappointing choice for the National Day.
I like the outfit itself, less with the cover up part.
Not sure of its appropriateness for the occasion, but guess it was not, since the National Day is an important celebration in Spain.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Is it April Fools Day or National Day? Letizia looks like a joke, far too casual for this event. As usual the other SRF women chose to wear some classy and appropriate outfits.

Letizia doesnt look happy at all but I have no doubt that HOLA! & Co will even find the horseblanket that she is wrapping around herself trendy and stylish. Too bad that the one Princess who wanted to be known for other things that "fashion" has now become a "media trendsetter" for her looks, even when wearing cheap and ugly clothes, because praising Letizia the style icon means easy money for the magazines.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Majesty

HuffingtonPost is ahead of Hola telling that the shawl is trendy. The outfit per se is all right. I like a soft peach blouse. However, it is inappropriate for the occasion and the shawl tends to overwhelm the ensemble.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Courtier

Thumbs down

I do not like anything about this outfit. The shawl is rediculous. She never gets dressed right for the events. I wonder what is her aim.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Nobility

Bad choice of Letizia for this important event. Needs to learn about how a princess should dress and not use her own taste, sometimes too ridiculous.
A nice and simple 2 pc jacket and skirt would be just stunning. Pants are not the best for this kind of event, just look how casual she looks among the other ladies of the family.
Not talking about the poncho, imo only Maxima can take it very graceful and elegant way.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Letizia looked way out of place but that has been for so many events that she has not been dressing appropriate or dressing for the event.
Letizia's look today was pretty IMO, the shirt matched with the pants is lovely & would look beautiful with a matching jacket or coat.

I wonder why she choose pants, its not an event to wear pants to but a dress or skirt like previous events.
I agree...she seems not to care.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

The outfit isnīt appropriate for this event, but I still like it, especially the blouse.
DiarioFemenino
DiarioFemenino
Old 10-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have spent so long willing Letizia to stun everyone and show what a great ambassador she is. But every time I see her at an event I can't help but feel that her heart just isnt in it