The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Serene Highness

You forget that she is in Las Palmas. It's still very hot down there.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Letizia outfit today in Albacete:

Full lenght view

Close up

Letizia recycled this outfit:

May 5, 2010

Old 10-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10100425.jpg

I wish F&L would agree on a matching dress code and Felipe would come in smart casual clothes. The Prince in expensive custom made suit and tie and the Princess in low low buget clothes

I hope colours are playing a trick on me and Letizia is not combining grey pants with blue shoes.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Courtier

Imo the problems is not that she wears clothes from low budget shops, but the clothes she chooses. Even in Zara or Mango there more expensive looking clothes than the ones she wears and they would be much more adequate.

Anyone can see in their shops online that they have very nice clothes that would suit what her husband wears.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Imo the problems is not that she wears clothes from low budget shops, but the clothes she chooses. Even in Zara or Mango there more expensive looking clothes than the ones she wears and they would be much more adequate.

Anyone can see in their shops online that they have very nice clothes that would suit what her husband wears.
I agree with you. She choses clothes who look cheap!!! You van find even in the cheepest shops better outfits.
And I do not understand why she has to dress sooo cheap? She is the future Queen of Spain, nobody expects from her to wear rags!!!
She should wear good tissues, well cut. She can have less ourfits, with a better quality! Soon she will look like a poor student!!
Old 10-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Majesty

I dare to assume that Crown Princess Letizia looks very much like a common middle-class Spanish woman. She does a poor job of choosing her ensembles and has not got any help from an person, who knows how to properly choose clothes (e.g., Don Jaime). It is always better to have a fewer high quality pieces than a closet full of cheap disposable ones. Although Crown Princess Letizia has got a model-type figure that will allow her a wide variety of choices, most of the clothes are ill-fitting. One would think that Zara/Mango/ etc. would do a better job dressing one of their ambassadors.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10100425.jpg

I wish F&L would agree on a matching dress code and Felipe would come in smart casual clothes. The Prince in expensive custom made suit and tie and the Princess in low low buget clothes

I hope colours are playing a trick on me and Letizia is not combining grey pants with blue shoes.
Your eyes are fine. Letizia is indeed wearing navy shoes with grey pants. Yes, I wish they would at least attempt to look like they are equals rather than the Prince wearing his usual fine clothing and his wife looking like she is there to carry his things. It looks ridiculous. And before anyone screams about the economic reasons for her choice in clothing there are choices she could make economically that would allow her to look like she is the Crown Princess of Spain. Letizia is not a common middle-class Spanish person, so it seems a little odd that she is the only one in the palace dressing to appear that way
Old 10-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It is always better to have a fewer high quality pieces than a closet full of cheap disposable ones. Although Crown Princess Letizia has got a model-type figure that will allow her a wide variety of choices, most of the clothes are ill-fitting. One would think that Zara/Mango/ etc. would do a better job dressing one of their ambassadors.
You are correct -- but if she did only have a few high quality pieces, there are four people that immediately come to mind that would have a fit because she was wearing the same outfit too often. They take great pride in telling the exact dates and occasions that the outfits were previously wore. Letizia will never please everyone all of the time and she should not try. None of us should. All the other CPs seem to get the exact same criticism, maybe not as nasty, but the same. It will always be the way of the Royals. Actually some of the dresses and other outfits that people have hated or made vuglar remarks about, I have loved on Letizia and certainly would have wore if younger. Everyone's taste is different.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

She has some nicer suits/dresses made by Felipe Varela, perhaps she just wants to dress like a common middle-class Spanish woman for some daily royal events. I can't think of any other reason unless those nice clothes made by Varela were lent to her that I doubt. It doesn't seem the Spanish press or public has much issue with it. I wish she could go back to wear her pantsuits as the first couple of years, although boring, but looked more professional, also matched hubby's clothes.

Her pants looked blue enough (possible blue/grey) in some of the pictures, her shirt has blue color in it. Hair looks nice though.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/316/39191108.jpg
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8485/27122948.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...33epy/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...4JfGt/610x.jpg
Old 10-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Courtier

The first thing I notice is how she interacts with people and how they respond to her. Her outfit is secondary.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know I have mentioned this on other princesses fashion threads, but I'm in total agreement friends.
If the Prince is in a suit, the Princess should look at the least comparable. A suit, skirt or dress always.

It really bugs me to see Princesses not dressing up to par with the cardigans and pants look.

chuchu, we do like P Letizia, but this is the fashion thread.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I donīt know why I keep going to Letizia fashion thread. Really. I always get angry when I see this. Itīs not that the outfit is ugly (which it is, by the way), itīs that she doesnīt put any effort anymore! I follow the fashion thread of almost every princess, they sometimes get right and sometimes wrong, and some of them have styles that I donīt like or I think that donīt suit them, but they at least seem to care about they wears. Letizia doesnīt. I canīt stand seeing Felipe in his expensive suits and Letizia wearing those clothes. Ok, she can wear Zara, Mango or whatever she wants, but Leti, maybe you donīt know it, but they also sell cute dresses and elegant suits. Average Spanish women buy them because they canīt afford more expensive clothes, and we (even poor students like me, fandesac ) usually care to look nicer than this.
Iīm sorry for this long speech, but sheīs representing my country, after all, and I just canīt see those comments saying that she dresses like an average Spanish. I just canīt
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Is that the bodyguard taking the photo?

Old 10-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think it's about the effort. What's the effort needed to put on the same style pant suits in different colors like the first couple of years ? I wonder if she thought when hubby wore 2,000 Euro tailored suits, she wore 20 Euro cardi, so they complimented each other .
Old 10-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well if Letizia starts wearing $2,000 dresses to her events wouldn't there be some sort of outcry because of Spain's financial situation? Maybe she doesn't want to be seen frivolous and extravagant. Maybe her fashion choices is her way of relating to the public which she was once a part of.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Gentry

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Well if Letizia starts wearing $2,000 dresses to her events wouldn't there be some sort of outcry because of Spain's financial situation? Maybe she doesn't want to be seen frivolous and extravagant. Maybe her fashion choices is her way of relating to the public which she was once a part of.
Good Point!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

The key words here are "relating to the public which she was Once part of". She is no longer part of the public. She is the Crown Princess! She should dress the part. Period.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just because Letizia isn't a part of the public doesn't mean she can't dress a certain. I understand that we all have an idea of how the CP's should dress but Letizia's fashion choices are hers. And if she wants to wear mid-price clothes during her engagements then let her. I don't care who designed her clothes and where she buys them. Her role as Spain's CP and future queen does not include a "fashion show." If she wants to dress like Princess Anne (no offense to her) but is still able to represent Spain in a positive light to the world then let her.

Clothes mean absolutely nothing if you can't do the job you're suppose to do. You could wear the best clothes but if you can't do your job then what's the point? Fashion doesn't make the person, it's the person's character.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I may catch some heat, but I do think dressing appropriate is Not about "fashion", it's about respect for the duty.
This "job" of the princesses is wonderful for us and great for the country but in this day and age is it necessary?(I hope so) Letizia dressed beautifully when she was a reporter, would this job be not as important. Not in my eyes.

I don't think she does a bad job, I would just like to see her dress a little better even if she doesn't wear designer, she could do a little better.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Well if Letizia starts wearing $2,000 dresses to her events wouldn't there be some sort of outcry because of Spain's financial situation? Maybe she doesn't want to be seen frivolous and extravagant.
Maybe the public will love them even more then if Felipe starts wearing some ill fitted suits consisting of cheap material that he rarely recycles

And I wonder if Queen Sofia considers that she could be seen as frivolous and extravagant when wearing her high quality suits ... maybe thats because nobody does.

As another poster stated earlier, dressing correctly as a royal is about showing respect towards the duty as representant of the country, not about doing a fashion statement.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Maybe the public will love them even more then if Felipe starts wearing some ill fitted suits consisting of cheap material that he rarely recycles

And I wonder if Queen Sofia considers that she could be seen as frivolous and extravagant when wearing her high quality suits ... maybe thats because nobody does.

As another poster stated earlier, dressing correctly as a royal is about showing respect towards the duty as representant of the country, not about doing a fashion statement.
I'm pretty sure if Letizia had dressed like her mom-in-law with Valentino coutures, Oscar de la Renta, or expensive suits specially tailored for her all the time, she would be considered frivolous and extravagant. You have never seen incredible double standards out there ? Instead of seeing tabloid headlines like 'Letizia spent 20,000 per month in clothes and accessories (the article was marked with wrong brands or wrong prices, more than half of the pieces were recycled), you would see 'Letizia spent 50,000 per month' if she dressed like her mom-in-law. LOL .
On the other hand, I'd rather seeing her wearing pant suits with the same cut, different colors from Varela than the clothes from Mango and Zara.

Closed Thread