Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2010 - June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of her best. We do see it a lot, but it looks good on her. And it beats anything else she has worn for a few weeks. Actually months! Ok, the last year:lol:

Letizia attends audiences at Zarzuela (16/4/2010)
Outfit
Hair
The dress is one of the best she has, but it would look better if the dress didn't look too big for her. She is too thin, look at her hand in the second photo! :sad:
And about the hair, no comment.

Well said, anorexia is a very bad thing.;) I'm not tired of seeing this dress yet, so no problem here.

Oh Melibea, you promised us that the heel broke... You let me down! :D

It's not my fault that she is so addicted to buying shoes that she buys the same pair twice :whistling:

I don'tlike that dress but I love the colors

The dress is classy but it seems to be worn to any possible event - from receiving the Sarkozys on a State Visit to the average audience (where Letizia usually shows up dressed like a housewife). There is no strategy in the wardrobe, its rather a lottery, grabbing something - anything - 2 minutes before the event.

The hair is so awful, it needs a cut and a change of style, she looks like if the blowdryer exploded.

I wouldn't be surprised if Letizia bought several pairs of shoes of the same style but also of the same colour, the Spanish counterpart to Imelda Marcos.

I too was surprised by the delicate lace/embroidery of her blouse. At first I didn't care for it when I saw it from a distance, but up close it looks to be very pretty. Too bad we didn't get to see it without her jacket. I would love to see the whole blouse.

I wouldn't be surprised if Letizia bought several pairs of shoes of the same style but also of the same colour, the Spanish counterpart to Imelda Marcos.

The comparision is the most ridiculous, Letizia didn't even wear some of the high end shoes as some of the CPsses (ex. Louboutin, Gucci and etc.). Who doesn't have a few new shoes each season ? Sofia and the Infantas also bought many new shoes each year, they probably had more per event basis since Letizia recycled more.
Most likely Letizia didn't break the heel, I think that's why she wore the same shoes so soon to tell the 'truth'. All the press articles seemed to come from the same one source that might not be true to begin with.

I too think this is one of the her best dress, but seems it gets bigger and bigger on her. And her hair is hmmmmm :eek:.

The outfit is casual, but it doesn´t bother me. I like the jacket and the cardigan and the scarf suits well to them. The pants are not my favourites. The colours are very nice.
Profimedia
Profimedia
Big photo:
DiarioFemenino

:unsure: Oh boy, my eyes hurt... What a mess once again! And everything looks so CHEAP!!! Guys, I think she's doing it on purpose... :cool:

I like the color of her scarf on her. That's really the only thing that makes an impression.

Huffington Post has some pics from today's event and also clips from Letizia's days as a news reporter. I watched some of them, and was struck by the difference in her then and now. She appeared so confident and full of spunk then. To me her makeup then was beautiful, and even though I'm sure her wardrobe allowance wasn't what it is now, she looked much more polished and pulled together. JMHO of course.

I like the color of her scarf on her. That's really the only thing that makes an impression.

Huffington Post has some pics from today's event and also clips from Letizia's days as a news reporter. I watched some of them, and was struck by the difference in her then and now. She appeared so confident and full of spunk then. To me her makeup then was beautiful, and even though I'm sure her wardrobe allowance wasn't what it is now, she looked much more polished and pulled together. JMHO of course.

When she anchored the news, the hair and makeup were required to be professionally done. The clothes were sponsored by the designers, thus she could have a new outfit every night. The TV news has always been extremely competitive, I'm sure she wanted to look her best. The SRF might have more personal wealth, but TVE as an institution has more resources.
Today she met some of her old journalist friends. I think she purposedly dressed down to be like the journalists working at the radio station.

When she anchored the news, the hair and makeup were required to be professionally done. The clothes were sponsored by the designers, thus she could have a new outfit every night. The TV news has always been extremely competitive, I'm sure she wanted to look her best. The SRF might have more personal wealth, but TVE as an institution has more resources.
Today she met some of her old journalist friends. I think she purposedly dressed down to be like the journalists working at the radio station.

Trouble is she doesn't look anymore or less dressed down today than she does on many other days:flowers: She is the future Queen of Spain. It seems to me she would want to look her very best every single day.

Hmmm, I think the problem is almost everytime she shows up in any event,we(many people) are questioning 'why does she wear like that?'

When she anchored the news, the hair and makeup were required to be professionally done. The clothes were sponsored by the designers, thus she could have a new outfit every night. The TV news has always been extremely competitive, I'm sure she wanted to look her best.

Yes, at TVE she was fully dressed and styled but how come that in her first two years of her married life as a princess she looked like TVE continued to provide for her make-up, hairstyle and clothes? Seems she figured out after some time that having married into royalty for life it was about time to stop being competitive and wanting to look her best :whistling:

donnaK Today she met some of her old journalist friends. I think she purposedly dressed down to be like the journalists working at the radio station.

you've gotta be kidding. the men are all in suits. maybe the women were advised to dress casual to make the princess look less out of place ;)

you've gotta be kidding. the men are all in suits. maybe the women were advised to dress casual to make the princess look less out of place ;)

well the people at events are informed of the dress-codes expected when meeting royalty in some monarchies. besides radio journalists are dressed very casually, thats one of their perks for not having to appear on camera:p
besides, as u said, as a princess, she can set the dress code if she likes. other royals do it too:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the scarf is lovely and I also like the jacket, but the rest of the outfit is just too boring. The trousers are ugly, IMO.

Amaia Salamanca is going to be P. of Asturias? :ROFLMAO:

She doesn't look like her at all!

i dont know. what is so exciting about her life that it warrants a film? ah well

I think you are totally wrong, she wore her own clothes, as the most of the journalist that are out of the studio, and she was famous to make up herself....Do you think she flied to NY with a make up artist?

She was 28yo, when you are 28 you can make up like that without looking older, but now she is 37, a soft make up look fresh and natural on her...

I think Letizia wants to look sover and accesible, she wants to be a professional princess more than a doll...despite I don´t like many of her outifits I think she is always correct and dignified

Another sloppy look, IMO. Far from being elegant... :ermm:

Trouble is she doesn't look anymore or less dressed down today than she does on many other days:flowers: She is the future Queen of Spain. It seems to me she would want to look her very best every single day.

I haven't heard about it, I think it's more of one's own choice for any royal woman on duties, otherwise someone would have advised the infantas to pluck their eyebrows :lol:.

Yes, at TVE she was fully dressed you've gotta be kidding. the men are all in suits. maybe the women were advised to dress casual to make the princess look less out of place ;)

It was rather mixed for men, I think executives or TV journalists did wear suits. She was fully dressed since she was on TV daily, the radio journalists at Cadena SER don't have to dress formally.

http://www.cadenaser.com/recorte/20...s/Principes-Asturias-redaccion-Cadena-SER.jpg

I think you are totally wrong, she wore her own clothes, as the most of the journalist that are out of the studio, and she was famous to make up herself....Do you think she flied to NY with a make up artist?

She was 28yo, when you are 28 you can make up like that without looking older, but now she is 37, a soft make up look fresh and natural on her...

I think Letizia wants to look sover and accesible, she wants to be a professional princess more than a doll...despite I don´t like many of her outifits I think she is always correct and dignified

There is difference between reporting news from a studio and field reporting, I saw video clips of her being made up by a hair dresser or makeup artist before she got on the evening news on TVE, I'm sure that's the requirement since one of my friends's sister was a news anchor. I heard Adolfo Domínguez loaned her lots of clothes with an option for her to buy with a big discount. I think Adolfo Domínguez's clothes suited her so much better than Varela's in general. Varela always cut the suit jackets the same way, his pants rarely fitted her right.

I have no problem with her makeup in general, I think she needs get her hair styled at least once a while. I heard some journalists in Spain said the royals should keep one hairstyle like her mom-in-law or Fabiola, it's just plain silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is difference between reporting news from a studio and field reporting, I saw video clips of her being made up by a hair dresser or makeup artist before she got on the evening news on TVE ...

Thats correct. When she co-anchored the evening news (a couple of months before the relationship to Felipe was exposed) Letizia was styled by a TVE person, its included in some docus about her on youtube. In general, all achors are styled, told what to wear, have their make up and hair done, men as well as women.

Field reporting is a different issue, there is footage about Letizia doing a coverage from Iraq wearing jeans and a sweater that is far too short, flashing the bellybutton. I doubt thats an outfit that TVE provided for her ....

P. Letizia visits Juan Jose Samaranch's Funeral Chapel

Outfit
Outfit

IMO not the best look for the visit, it seems too casual

P. Letizia visits Juan Jose Samaranch's Funeral Chapel

Outfit
Outfit

IMO not the best look for the visit, it seems too casual

I thought she looked fine, not sure though about the pants matched with heels, I think those type of pants would be better off with flats. I liked the top since it had something going on rather than just being a plain shirt which wouldve been boring.

I don't think that the outfit is bad, but if you compared it with the rest, it looks too casual, at least for me

Another photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom