The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 03:12 AM
Courtier

^^
Without platforms. I agree, is not that the shoes are ugly because many times I don't think so; but imo platforms shoes don't suit her body type, it makes her look thinner thatn she is.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
What do you mean by "nice normal heels"?
A heel without platforms. I shouldn't have put "normal" in there. I should have put classic.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm really thinking with the state of the economy in Spain that the RF might fear for their positions, so the Princess has really toned down everything from clothes to hair to makeup and jewelry. She's working really hard, but keeping her look very understated. Any other ideas?
Old 05-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

The cardigan is pretty. I don't like the belt with this outfit tho.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Recycled outfit: Letizia at the 'Global Executive MBA' audience at the Zarzuela Palace.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
I have always liked the colours of this outfit, especially the little cardigan is beautiful. Her hair looks nice today.
Awful outfit, IMO
The cardigan and shirt looks cheap. The pants are ok but she should match them with different shoes.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Nobility

Love the trim on the red suit! The gray suit would look alot better without the trim and the gray blouse. Overall the 2 suits look sharp!
Old 05-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I'm really thinking with the state of the economy in Spain that the RF might fear for their positions, so the Princess has really toned down everything from clothes to hair to makeup and jewelry. She's working really hard, but keeping her look very understated. Any other ideas?
I definitely agree with you on this one. With the current economic situation in Spain, Letizia is making do of what she has no matter how much she has to repeat it. Spending lots of money on new clothes isn't going to help the RF at all. Maybe we will see a new for Victoria's wedding, maybe not.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Awful outfit, IMO
The cardigan and shirt looks cheap. The pants are ok but she should match them with different shoes.

Heavens, she looks scrawny in those trousers!
And only a few days ago she was impeccably dressed in that beautiful red outfit.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I realize that economies are on everyone's minds, but I don't see where Letizia wearing one of her beautiful suits would offend anyone. She would be recycling her wardrobe and there would be no arguments. I still feel if Felipe is wearing a nice suit, then Letizia should look equally nice. The cardigan is so casual and looks totally out of place.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Recycling is not bad per se. But she has a lot of clothes from her first years that she can still wears and she doesn't use. The problem is that she reuses always the same clothes and that she always wears exactly the same outfit. and other crown princesses also recycle but as they try to shake things a bit, they don't look as they always wear the same.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Recycling is not bad per se. But she has a lot of clothes from her first years that she can still wears and she doesn't use. The problem is that she reuses always the same clothes and that she always wears exactly the same outfit. and other crown princesses also recycle but as they try to shake things a bit, they don't look as they always wear the same.
Well said. Her outfits were much better during her engagement time before the wedding and in her first years after the wedding. I don't understand why she doesn't wear anything from this time. She looked really beautiful back then. In German I would say "Modepüppchen" to her now but I don't know a good translation for that word. I don't like her "new" style as much as her old one. She has changed a lot.
To end with something positiv, every now and then she wears something that doesn't look too bad

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 05-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Same old, same old. A good quality and well put together outfit doesnt have to be expensive and wearing cheap, low quality stuff is certainly not a SRF policy as an answer to the economic crisis since Queen Sofia hasnt changed her style of clothing / recycling one bit.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Well said, DofM, and so very true. Queen Sofia always looks like a Queen from head to toe. Letizia only has to look at her to know just how to dress...
Old 05-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia and Felipe visiting king Juan Carlos at the hospital in Barcelona
Hola
Profimedia
Nice outfit, I like the way the scarf and the bag give colour to it.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Very casual outfit, I like it.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Leaving the hospital, without the coat:
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
Old 05-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

i loved both looks with and without coat and the bag is lovely !!
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 05-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I prefer it with the coat on. However, I have one question. Is it Really that cold that Letizia needs to wear that heavy scarf?? A lovely silky one would look so much better, IMO. It is Spring after all...
Old 05-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I prefer it with the coat on. However, I have one question. Is it Really that cold that Letizia needs to wear that heavy scarf?? A lovely silky one would look so much better, IMO. It is Spring after all...
It´s a family thing. Infanta Elena and queen Sofia arriving to the hospital
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...anta$599x0.jpg
originally posted by lula

One more photo of Letizia
Daylife
Old 05-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Courtier

Well today was sunny around here, and in we had some hot days, but since last week it was colder so the trench was appropriate for the climate, as you say the scarf was too much. Imo that's the reason of why she left the hospital without the trench.

Closed Thread