Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2010 - June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the Spanish shoe industry doesn't only produces platform shoes. :whistling:
Letizia can wear Spanish designers; but there is no need to always wear platform heels.
The platforms are a current fashion trend; but not the only current fashion trend. Magrit's collection has nice and decent peep toes (that never really get oldfashioned) too.

princechermed said:
New official photos!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!
Larger pictures of Letizia's outfits:
Suit1
Suit2

Last edited:
But the Spanish shoe industry doesn't only produces platform shoes. :whistling:
Letizia can wear Spanish designers; but there is no need to always wear platform heels.
The platforms are a current fashion trend; but not the only current fashion trend. Magrit's collection has nice and decent peep toes (that never really get oldfashioned) too.

Larger pictures of Letizia's outfits:
Suit1
Suit2

In my opinion this is quite old fashioned, and Letizia use platform shoes either...

I don´t understand why people try to make her change into a conservative old fashioned woman...we already have other princesses like this, Letizia is just different, original...and elegant at the same time...

I don´t understand why people try to make her change into a conservative old fashioned woman.
Who said that. I don't remember anyone really said that. All that people are saying is that Letizia doesn't always dress appropriate for the event and that they wish she would dress more elegantly from time to time.
I don't see how elegant shoes or outfits are "oldfashioned" in any way.

Last edited:
Who said that. I don't remember anyone really said that. All that people are saying is that Letizia doesn't always dress appropriate for the event and that they wish she would dress more elegantly from time to time.
I don't see how elegant shoes or outfits are "oldfashioned" in any way.

Every time she wears something young and trendy, people in this forum critizise her outfit...exactly what I´ve said before, but different words...
What is appropriate? Letizia wears outfits according to the protocolo rules, so they are correct...it is different that you would wear something different...
I would like to know the ages of people here.

^^
So you think that leather pants and boots are appropiate for an audience?

For example, Maxima looks like she has fun with her clothes and doesn't dress old, imo at least, but she is always appropiate.

And I'm quiet young and I can tell you that I want a princess who looks appropiate for the event she is attending; and P. Letizia is not young, she is not a twenty something, she is more near forty

I agree with Melibea. There is a way to look youthful and stylish, but yet appropriate.

Yes, Letizia's outfits are in fashion and I would also wear some of the outfits she choses... but I am 22 and Letizia is 37. Some pieces just don't really match her age anymore. She has the figure to wear some outfits she choses... but yet I think leather pants and extremely short skirts and dresses look weird on a nearly 40 woman who is going to be Queen one day.

About the appropriateness of her fashion choices:
I always have to remember that one of the girls in one of my art course at university also owns the grey Mango dress that Letizia owns. The girl wore this dress for a painting course... (can you imagine a more casual event? ;)) while Letizia used exactly the same dress to attend formal meeting with business people. :whistling:

^^
She is not 37, she is 39!

She can be trendy but she is not a celebrity but a representative of a country, if I go to an audience wearing my best clothes and having gone to the hairdresser, and I find P. Letizia in casual clothes, I can tell you that I'm not going to be very happy!

Moreover I don't understand why she has to wear always clothes from Mango which this past collections have been awful, there is Zara that has lovely clothes.

:previous: I had a look. She's born in September 1972; so she'll turn 38 in September.

I agree with Melibea and Her_Majesty, of course! :)

I don't like the photo with the two of them. Something's off IMO - maybe the way they posed. But she looks lovely in her portrait and I'm glad she chose to wear this beautiful white suit. :flowers:

New outfit

I think that it is a new suit, it looks very good on her, and it is appropiate!
Photo
Photo

The only problem is that I haven't seen the shoes

(photos posted by Lula)

This one isn't new, Letizia wore it in another event.. I can't remember what was it...
The shoes she wore that time wore those grey with plataform (those that she has in at least three different colours: blue, pink and grey)

Letizia wore this beautiful outfit at a dinner in honour of European Parliament members, at The Royal Palace on December 3:
Daylife
She is having the same shoes this time too:
Daylife
This red and grey combination is very nice.

I liked this red suit the first time i saw it on Letizia and i am glad she has choosen to recycle it - it is smart but also has a touch of glamour suitable for this event

The shoes although not the best pair they do match the grey top underneath

I like the red suit, but not with that grey top and those shoes, and her hair looks really bad.
I just love the two white suits she´s wearing in the official photographies. She looks perfect and beautiful. Love the photos :flowers:

In my opinion this is quite old fashioned, and Letizia use platform shoes either...

I don´t understand why people try to make her change into a conservative old fashioned woman...we already have other princesses like this, Letizia is just different, original...and elegant at the same time...

Unfortunately many of the clothing choices Letizia makes are anything but elegant. She looks like she stepped right out of the pages of 17 magazine. Great if you're 17, but not if you are 20 years older. No one wants her to dress "old," but she really could use some help in picking out what she wears when she "working."

well whatever our opinions might be, can i add that there is no way that she would attend events in an outfit that was deemed inappropriate by her court/officials. so clearly the spanish court doesnt mind what she is wearing. i mean, even if she wore an 'inappropriate' outfit once , i dont think she would get it past the court a second time and as we all know, another complaint against her is that she repeats her outfits too often! so i dont know if the inappropriate tag holds good anymore

Letizia received the traditional 'Garbanzo de Plata' at the Torres Bermejas restaurant today.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
This suit is also one of my favourites, it looks always good on Letizia. Beautiful fan.

I like this outfit. I'm really tired of grey too, but at least it's well-tailored and very decent. Her hair is a mess IMO. Really awful!

^^
It was very windy outside, this time we can excuse her ;)

But the suit is grey! She needs to be wearing some pretty bright colors for a change. I Do like the lining of the suit, however. Lovely color...

But the suit is grey! She needs to be wearing some pretty bright colors for a change. I Do like the lining of the suit, however. Lovely color...

Well, she had a striking red suit yesterday ...

Yes, she did. But, the blouse was grey and the shoes were grey! I guess one just has to assume that she loves ... Grey!

I'm not a fan of her grey either. It's spring for heaven's sake. Why not wear light colours or dresses with pattern and designs on it?
We'll see what she'll wear tomorrow. I fear it won't be better...

Yes, she did. But, the blouse was grey and the shoes were grey! I guess one just has to assume that she loves ... Grey!
It's too bad she didn't turn that jacket inside out, did you notice the lining was shocking pink?? :D

The grey suit is by Lorenzo Caprille (i read this in an earlier Letizia fashion thread) and she first wore it back in 2008

I like this suit on her. I don't even mind the grey color! Her hair desperately needs some attention, however.

What is this that she received?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom