The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
P. Letizia attends audiences at Zarzuela
(photos posted by Lula)

Outfit
Detail

I don't know what to think about this, the oufit is appropiate but I don't like it specially the t-shirt and the trousers. They are ok but nothing interesting.
I don't like all the pieces combined, this would look good if she was going to the office.

The top is lovely, its young & perfect for spring/summer. I think she could've matched it with an elegant skirt.
The jacket and pants boy fit nicely but would've looked nice with other pieces.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Aristocracy

It makes her bottom half look smaller then her top half

Old 04-16-2010, 02:43 AM
Commoner

I like her blouse and her skin glows and she wears the perfect makeup!
Overall OK look but I find eventhough she's wearing flats, her legs are like on her usual pumps
Old 04-16-2010, 03:38 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I don't like all the pieces combined, this would look good if she was going to the office.

The top is lovely, its young & perfect for spring/summer. I think she could've matched it with an elegant skirt.
The jacket and pants boy fit nicely but would've looked nice with other pieces.
but she is going to her office! the audiences are held on their turf (as opposed to going to the offices/buildings of the organization in question) and as such are more relaxed events. this is usually where we see her more 'creative' outfits because i think she has decided to use her wardrobe that way.
keeping that in mind, i think this was actually a good outfit even if i didnt like the pants and the top. still, it could be that it is not a t-shirt as it seems to be but a nice romantic top
Old 04-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Courtier

Letizia attends audiences at Zarzuela (16/4/2010)
Outfit
Hair
The dress is one of the best she has, but it would look better if the dress didn't look too big for her. She is too thin, look at her hand in the second photo!
And about the hair, no comment.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love it, itīs one of my favourite dresses. No matter how many times she has worn it, I never get tired of seeing it.
But those shoes...hadnīt she broken one of the heels??

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
I love it, itīs one of my favourite dresses. No matter how many times she has worn it, I never get tired of seeing it.
But those shoes...hadnīt she broken one of the heels??
I thought about that, too. But maybe she liked them so much she bought more than one pair.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That dress is getting boring, I love it but i've seen it too much. She needs to retire it for a while.
If she broke a heel, she most likely replaced it with another one, or has more than one pair of the same shoe.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Nobility

I'm quite tired of this dress... please replace it for another one... no comments on shoes!
Please do something with the hair!!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Iīll never get bored to see this dress, it has such a lovely colour and design.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

This is one of her best. We do see it a lot, but it looks good on her. And it beats anything else she has worn for a few weeks. Actually months! Ok, the last year
Old 04-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Letizia attends audiences at Zarzuela (16/4/2010)
Outfit
Hair
The dress is one of the best she has, but it would look better if the dress didn't look too big for her. She is too thin, look at her hand in the second photo!
And about the hair, no comment.
Well said, anorexia is a very bad thing. I'm not tired of seeing this dress yet, so no problem here.

Oh Melibea, you promised us that the heel broke... You let me down!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Courtier

It's not my fault that she is so addicted to buying shoes that she buys the same pair twice
Old 04-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

... I suspect there's a good discount going on...
Old 04-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

The press had said many things that were proved to be false later. Maybe she only slipped, but didn't break the heel as reported. Magrit has reliable shoes, the heels are not so easy to break .

Audiences at the Zarzuela Palace on April 16 - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Old 04-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Aristocracy

I don'tlike that dress but I love the colors
Old 04-17-2010, 06:10 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The dress is classy but it seems to be worn to any possible event - from receiving the Sarkozys on a State Visit to the average audience (where Letizia usually shows up dressed like a housewife). There is no strategy in the wardrobe, its rather a lottery, grabbing something - anything - 2 minutes before the event.

The hair is so awful, it needs a cut and a change of style, she looks like if the blowdryer exploded.

I wouldn't be surprised if Letizia bought several pairs of shoes of the same style but also of the same colour, the Spanish counterpart to Imelda Marcos.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Nobility

I too was surprised by the delicate lace/embroidery of her blouse. At first I didn't care for it when I saw it from a distance, but up close it looks to be very pretty. Too bad we didn't get to see it without her jacket. I would love to see the whole blouse.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Letizia bought several pairs of shoes of the same style but also of the same colour, the Spanish counterpart to Imelda Marcos.
The comparision is the most ridiculous, Letizia didn't even wear some of the high end shoes as some of the CPsses (ex. Louboutin, Gucci and etc.). Who doesn't have a few new shoes each season ? Sofia and the Infantas also bought many new shoes each year, they probably had more per event basis since Letizia recycled more.
Most likely Letizia didn't break the heel, I think that's why she wore the same shoes so soon to tell the 'truth'. All the press articles seemed to come from the same one source that might not be true to begin with.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Commoner

I too think this is one of the her best dress, but seems it gets bigger and bigger on her. And her hair is hmmmmm .