The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Sometimes Letizia looks like one of the women who try to stay young for all one is worth and completely fails. Sometimes her fashione choices look so unappropriate for the event and completely out of place. Mega high heels for a visit to a pre-school? Leather pants for a business meeting? Especially her shoe fashion sense has gotten worse and worse. Yes the shoes she wears are in the stores everywhere and I am also having one of the Mango shoes she has. But even I don't wear them for work because I don't think they are appropriate.
The outfits Letizia wears are not bad at all (for the example the last ones); the single pieces are nice. But I think she often completely mismatches her outfits and wears them for the wrong occasions.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Why did royal women need such a big bag (she was not the only one carrying a big bag) ?

http://i47.tinypic.com/2iuvvcn.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2yjvy2r.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/e9uahc.jpg
Royal women? I love big bags. Their stylish and I can take whatever I need in it. Maybe she has a lot of things she wanted to carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix View Post
Sometimes Letizia looks like one of the women who try to stay young for all one is worth and completely fails. Sometimes her fashione choices look so unappropriate for the event and completely out of place. Mega high heels for a visit to a pre-school? Leather pants for a business meeting? Especially her shoe fashion sense has gotten worse and worse. Yes the shoes she wears are in the stores everywhere and I am also having one of the Mango shoes she has. But even I don't wear them for work because I don't think they are appropriate.
The outfits Letizia wears are not bad at all (for the example the last ones); the single pieces are nice. But I think she often completely mismatches her outfits and wears them for the wrong occasions.
I completely agree. I've been noticing too that she dresses very inappropriate to some of these events. Some of her shoes gives the "I'm selling" sort of impression. Most of the time, she looks nice but she often messes her outfit up with the wrong pants or shoes. The perfect example for Letizia would be Mary. Mary knows how to dress for events, while at the same time, looking fabulous. I think Letizia needs a stylist and if she has one she should fire her/him. I thought Felipe looked better in his suit than Letizia. It's a problem when your husband is looking better than you.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Goodness, I think Pr. Felipe would glow in the dark!

Good question, donnaK.... What on earth would she need to carry? ...
He looks like a pimp. (Yes, Russo said it )
However, Russo did see a gentleman in Rome once, with a bright electric blue suit (It was blue, with a shade of blue followed by blue, Noor. ) and he had a black mock turtle neck on underneath. He looked SMASHING. The difference between he and Felipe is that the fabric wasn't shiny which makes Felipe look pimpish.
(Poor Warren, I'm sure he'll find a more suitable word to replace Naughty Russo's potty mouth.)

Why she needs that bag to put a chichuahua in. They are all the rage in Hollywood.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Trouble is, Russo, the CP is not in Hollywood but is a CP with her hand-maidens/Lady's in Waiting to take of her needs. I, too, am a lover of big bags but I need them to carry all of my 'stuff'... I seriously doubt that Letizia needs more than just a comb, brush, lipstick, kleenex... But what do I know?? :)
Old 05-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Trouble is, Russo, the CP is not in Hollywood but is a CP with her hand-maidens/Lady's in Waiting to take of her needs. I, too, am a lover of big bags but I need them to carry all of my 'stuff'... I seriously doubt that Letizia needs more than just a comb, brush, lipstick, kleenex... But what do I know?? :)
Kitchen sink. . . My mother had ENORMOUS bags with all sorts of crap in it. I swear one could pull out a bowling ball.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
and he had a black mock turtle neck on underneath.
Black charcoal or black sabbath??
Old 05-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Heir Apparent

We must be Specific now! There is a difference...
Old 05-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Black charcoal or black sabbath??
Black, black, with a side of black in it. Which makes the blue pop so it doesn't need to shimmer and glow like the Prince's suit did.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
We must be Specific now! There is a difference...
Copy that, cause I find Darlin' Russo rather careless when it comes to colours... Ufff!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Copy that, cause I find Darlin' Russo rather careless when it comes to colours... Ufff!!!
If it was Black Sabbath, he would have been Iron Man.
HA!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

You caught that too?? Interesting, indeed...
Old 05-23-2010, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Princess Letizia Wears Stilettos To Preschool (PHOTOS)

Link
Old 05-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks like she enjoys interacting with children. This is a nice pic
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slides...?1274645885463

I don't like the shoes, but the rest of the outfit is nice.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Gentry

American press is obsessed comparing HRH Princess Letizia and Michelle Obama...have a look on Vanityfair (second Face-off) or Huffingtonpost...Letizia wins hands down in them...I will put the links next time.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Serene Highness

I don't understand it. Shouldn't she be wearing heels? I mean, she wears heels all the time. Why not for a pre-school? Besides, I don't really get why an American paper cares so much about heels P.Letizia wore in a KG, in a much mundane activity.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like this oufit and think it looks very appropriate including the shoes. Did the government seize all her jewels? She has worn these stars at all most all functions this year? I think I'm getting rather sick of them. Anyone else?
Old 05-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Visiting the pre-school was not the only event of the day, she also attended the EU Maritime Day summit.
Letizia wore pants too often lately, she should wear more skirts, a little bit more colors, not always grey, white, black and dark blue. The pants she wore are extremely comfortable, but they weren't photographed as well as the wide-leg dress pants.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe she dresses how she feels. Maybe she feels like the color blue.....or gray or black.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are likely the colors sold at Varela's stores. Most women don't wear bright colors or crazy patterns to go to work. I think sometimes she just wanted to 'experiment' different looks, thus shoes or pants didn't look right all the time. Actually it doesn't really matter. Except for the big events (she normally dressed in classic clothes), people in general don't care that much about the clothes for the daily acts.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I care about clothes for every act , including the daily ones. Everyone can look their colorful best, no matter what event or day it is. It's really no excuse.