Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 12: February 2010 - April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Close ups:
Neck details:
PurePeople
Bag and shoes:
PurePeople

I actually love this outfit. This is the best outfit she'd worn with a booties. The whole outfit is ok. I quite agree with someone here who posted that even the shoes complement the look. It would even look hideous if she chose those platforms. The booties are quite nice this time. I do think this is ok for an art event.

The dress fits her well but the jewels at the top are a little much. She is too petite IMO to where all of that embellishment. Other than that the outfit was better than some I've seen lately. The leather pants were a little much the other day. I wish she would leave those in the closet for a might out with her husband.

Maybe if the grey pants were bootcut and a little longer, they would look fine. Not really working as they are, at least not
for me!

I think the color of Letizia's jacket and scarf is gorgeous on her. That raspberry sorbet color is so refreshing and really compliments her features well. I do not like the pants, the fit or the pattern. I do like her gray booties though, although I wish she would have worn different pants. Just a side note - I have to say that Letizia's skin and makeup is really beautiful. I don't think I have ever seen her makeup look inappropriate, in fact she looks very natural. The colors she has been wearing lately are really pretty and give her a very fresh look. To Hana (I think) who posted the picture about her hairstyle - I thought the zigzag part was really innovative and interesting. I liked it.

I don't mind the jacket and pants, the shoes I like, but not with this ensemble. Black shoes would have been better or a very dark gray.

This time I believe is the Prince who isn't at his best

It's a nice coat, but I don't like it how she tied the belt. The necklace looks lovely, I like it together with the coat. Not sure about the trousers and the shoes in particular...

I like this look.
The trnech coat looks like a Burberry but could be from a different brand which just looks like the same quality. I like the pants and the twin set, all looks very professional.
Not liking the shoes, look like they belong to Felipe.

Felipe and Letizia were today on a private visit in Oviedo to take part in a meeting with the new team of the Foundation Prince of Asturias.
Without the coat:
Daylife
Daylife

She looks so underdressed compared to her husband. The trench coat is the one we all like, I suppose. But the rest of the outfit is just indifferent IMO. The shoes are awful...

I like this look for a private meeting, dont mind the shoes at all, much better than some silly platforms.
Felipe had an off-day, the combination reminds me of the last century. I dont think he's among the best dressers anyway, he's just tall with accurate suits, that's it and he loves these silly shoes for men with clasps and applications.

Although I am not a big fan of brown, this outfit looks really nice. Did anyone notice her shoes???? NO PLATFORM!!!! Yeah Letizia!! Ok, not my favorite shoes, b/c they look a little masculine, but much much better than what we've seen recently. I actually didn't mind the print on her pants b/c they worked well with the whole outfit. She looks pulled together and professional, stylish and classic.

So i am the only one would find lovely this beautiful and classy trench + this pant + this purse, with black or brown leather peep shoes or nice platforms :ROFLMAO:

I'm wondering if Felipe Varela has his own website?? or is there a spanish website where we could find all his collections???

Does someone know that??

I'm wondering if Felipe Varela has his own website?? or is there a spanish website where we could find all his collections???

Does someone know that??

I think he doesn´t have a website, but here you can see one of his last shows in Cibeles = Madrid Fashion Week, and his CV.

http://www.fashionshowroom.com/spring2002/felipevarela/photos.htm

Felipe Varela studied design and pattern design at Esmod College in Paris. He went on to study haute couture and textiles at the I.F.M., where he was awarded the Oscar for Young Designer. Whilst in Paris, Varela worked for a number of firms including Kenzo, Dior, Mugler, Lanvin, Tarlazzi and Torrente.
In January 1994 he arrived in Madrid, where he set up his own company, and two years later he made his first presentation at the Cibeles Fashion Show in the Spanish capital. His first Madrid store opened in 1998, situated at 30, José Ortega y Gasset Street.
The year 2000 saw the opening of 10 Felipe Varela boutiques in El Corte Inglés department stores. Since September that year his designs have also been available on the international market.

:previous:
Why do we need all this information about Mr. Varela? His resume might be excellent. However, most of his creations are lacklustre. It would have been much better if he or his assistants had done a better job tailoring his creations for Crown Princess Letizia, who happens to have a usual model-type figure. Mr. Caprile's work far surpasses that of Mr.Varela in my personal opinion.

It's weird he doesn't have a website or something! So he does not participate to fashion week in Madrid?? I'm interesting about that: what is his reputation in Spain??? It's weird that princess Letizia chooses a designer like that!

:previous:
Why do we need all this information about Mr. Varela? His resume might be excellent. However, most of his creations are lacklustre. It would have been much better if he or his assistants had done a better job tailoring his creations for Crown Princess Letizia, who happens to have a usual model-type figure. Mr. Caprile's work far surpasses that of Mr.Varela in my personal opinion.

Personnaly I don´t care very much about Varela or Caprille, just answering someone´s question.

I think Letizia looks betters when she wears other designers like Angel Shlessers, Ailanto or Adolfo Dominguez.

I´m really excited to see what will she wear in Germany for her first solo event abroad next week.

Varela it´s not very popular in Spain outside the royals inner circles. He denied to do any enterview as one of Letizia´s favourite designer. I must say he is a very discret man, and some of her night gowns like the navy blue one she wore in London are fantastic IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom