The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
YES she is pretty i would like more feminine shoes ...but it's ok by the way

Old 02-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's a nice coat, but I don't like it how she tied the belt. The necklace looks lovely, I like it together with the coat. Not sure about the trousers and the shoes in particular...

Old 02-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Some details:

Backview of the pants and shoes
Close-up Jacket
Side View - the jacket looks too big in side views; maybe she could have buttoned it
Front View
I don't mind the choice of colours.

Quote:
I like what i can see of the outfit, but i don't like to coat or the shoes.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
I like this look.
The trnech coat looks like a Burberry but could be from a different brand which just looks like the same quality. I like the pants and the twin set, all looks very professional.
Not liking the shoes, look like they belong to Felipe.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Felipe and Letizia were today on a private visit in Oviedo to take part in a meeting with the new team of the Foundation Prince of Asturias.
Without the coat:
Daylife
Daylife
Old 02-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Felipe and Leti looked uniformed :P
Old 02-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks so underdressed compared to her husband. The trench coat is the one we all like, I suppose. But the rest of the outfit is just indifferent IMO. The shoes are awful...
Old 02-24-2010, 04:24 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I like this look for a private meeting, dont mind the shoes at all, much better than some silly platforms.
Felipe had an off-day, the combination reminds me of the last century. I dont think he's among the best dressers anyway, he's just tall with accurate suits, that's it and he loves these silly shoes for men with clasps and applications.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
i like this look, the trench coat, pants, top, shoes and bag, all is of good taste
Old 02-24-2010, 05:32 AM
Gentry

How will be Letizia favourite designer for this season? Lets hope she get as bored of Varela as we are...
http://www.elmundo.es/yodona/albumes/2010/02/20/desfile_duyos/index_5.html
("elije un desfile"=chose a designer, to see the slideshow)
Old 02-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Nobility

Although I am not a big fan of brown, this outfit looks really nice. Did anyone notice her shoes???? NO PLATFORM!!!! Yeah Letizia!! Ok, not my favorite shoes, b/c they look a little masculine, but much much better than what we've seen recently. I actually didn't mind the print on her pants b/c they worked well with the whole outfit. She looks pulled together and professional, stylish and classic.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I like this look for a private meeting, dont mind the shoes at all, much better than some silly platforms.
I agree.
Very nice outfit, though. I like also the boots.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Nobility

So i am the only one would find lovely this beautiful and classy trench + this pant + this purse, with black or brown leather peep shoes or nice platforms
Old 02-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Serene Highness

I'm wondering if Felipe Varela has his own website?? or is there a spanish website where we could find all his collections???

Does someone know that??

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I dislike the whole outfit,specially trench coat,shoes and bag.Bad choice imo
Old 02-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
I'm wondering if Felipe Varela has his own website?? or is there a spanish website where we could find all his collections???

Does someone know that??
I think he doesnt have a website, but here you can see one of his last shows in Cibeles = Madrid Fashion Week, and his CV.

http://www.fashionshowroom.com/spring2002/felipevarela/photos.htm

Felipe Varela studied design and pattern design at Esmod College in Paris. He went on to study haute couture and textiles at the I.F.M., where he was awarded the Oscar for Young Designer. Whilst in Paris, Varela worked for a number of firms including Kenzo, Dior, Mugler, Lanvin, Tarlazzi and Torrente.
In January 1994 he arrived in Madrid, where he set up his own company, and two years later he made his first presentation at the Cibeles Fashion Show in the Spanish capital. His first Madrid store opened in 1998, situated at 30, Jos Ortega y Gasset Street.
The year 2000 saw the opening of 10 Felipe Varela boutiques in El Corte Ingls department stores. Since September that year his designs have also been available on the international market.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Why do we need all this information about Mr. Varela? His resume might be excellent. However, most of his creations are lacklustre. It would have been much better if he or his assistants had done a better job tailoring his creations for Crown Princess Letizia, who happens to have a usual model-type figure. Mr. Caprile's work far surpasses that of Mr.Varela in my personal opinion.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness

It's weird he doesn't have a website or something! So he does not participate to fashion week in Madrid?? I'm interesting about that: what is his reputation in Spain??? It's weird that princess Letizia chooses a designer like that!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 02-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

Why do we need all this information about Mr. Varela? His resume might be excellent. However, most of his creations are lacklustre. It would have been much better if he or his assistants had done a better job tailoring his creations for Crown Princess Letizia, who happens to have a usual model-type figure. Mr. Caprile's work far surpasses that of Mr.Varela in my personal opinion.
Personnaly I dont care very much about Varela or Caprille, just answering someones question.

I think Letizia looks betters when she wears other designers like Angel Shlessers, Ailanto or Adolfo Dominguez.

Im really excited to see what will she wear in Germany for her first solo event abroad next week.

Varela its not very popular in Spain outside the royals inner circles. He denied to do any enterview as one of Letizias favourite designer. I must say he is a very discret man, and some of her night gowns like the navy blue one she wore in London are fantastic IMHO.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia today at the opening of a food congress in Zaragoza
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
The outfit is suitable for the event. Nothing special, but I like it though.