The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix View Post
Sometimes I think that Letizia could go on an official event wearing a potatoe back and still some members here would call it wonderful and fashionable.
No matter what she wears; for some aroud this forums it is ALWAYS pefect. This is sooo not objective at all.
True, as it happens with every princess/famous person in the world....
Fans are fans, dear. Just take a look to this forum. Letizia isn´t the only princess who is ALWAYS perfect for her fans no matter what she wears...

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 02-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
In most of cases , mostly when it comes to fashion sense, it's impossible to be objective . It's about taste and tastes are always subjective, no matter how hard you try to be as honest as possible .

Actually what is beautiful or not can sometimes be very very subjective. In major arts, like painting and scultpure for example, there were and still are timeless rules and canons of good taste. Examples: How can anyone say, or worse, believe that Grace Kelly was ugly or that Letizia's platform shoes are beautiful, gorgeous, fantastic? To be brief, I think from now on we had better question our own taste rather than come here and struggle to prove that this or that outfit is beautiful, because it is or because another princess dresses awfully, too, or more awfully than our favourite princess. Think about it - I mean all of you, not just Anita.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

maybe if she had worn a different pair of shoes the outfit would've been fine...
Old 02-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Nobility

Letizia inédita - Gente Elle - Star Style - Celebrities
Old 02-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Sometimes I think that Letizia could go on an official event wearing a potatoe back and still some members here would call it wonderful and fashionable.
No matter what she wears; for some aroud this forums it is ALWAYS pefect. This is sooo not objective at all.

who is talking about stereotypes in this forums???
Thank you for this post. You mentioned something I was thinking about for a while now. Of course taste is objective, that's for sure. But when I click on the fashion threads here I don't mind about the Princesses' character or if I like them or not - I simply watch their fashion and state my opinion if I like it or not, if I find it appropriate or elegant/stylish etc. and that's all. Of course, if one finds a person very adorable in general one can be a bit "blind", though...
Old 02-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I like all the Crown Princesses, if they all wear an outfit or gown that I like, I make a comment on it, if they should wear an outfit that I don't find suitable, I comment on that. Letizia has worn some wonderful outfits and gowns and I've stated as such. As has been previously stated, it's an opinion, not a bashing. I doubt that if Letizia or any of the Royals that I've commented positively or negatively on their fashions would take my opinion to heart if they would read TRF.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Thank you for this post. You mentioned something I was thinking about for a while now. Of course taste is objective, that's for sure. But when I click on the fashion threads here I don't mind about the Princesses' character or if I like them or not - I simply watch their fashion and state my opinion if I like it or not, if I find it appropriate or elegant/stylish etc. and that's all. Of course, if one finds a person very adorable in general one can be a bit "blind", though...
There are Letizia fans and Letizia haters as with the rest of the people...People critizacing her style allways repeat the same boring song...not for her age, not for status...ZZZZZZZZZZZ
At least Letizia's fan have more points of view showing the important role she has, her always correct attitude, her behaviour with people, her interest in Spanish fashion...
I think haters could die waiting for Letizia to wear old woman pastel dresses with perfectly tailored jackets...
Old 02-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princechermed View Post
There are Letizia fans and Letizia haters as with the rest of the people...People critizacing her style allways repeat the same boring song...not for her age, not for status...ZZZZZZZZZZZ
At least Letizia's fan have more points of view showing the important role she has, her always correct attitude, her behaviour with people, her interest in Spanish fashion...
I think haters could die waiting for Letizia to wear old woman pastel dresses with perfectly tailored jackets...
I'm not a Letizia hater, and I think you're painting with too broad a brush if you are saying that if when she's criticized for wearing the clothes that she has lately then you're a Letizia hater. She can look absolutely stunning at times. But more often than not she has worn some clunkers. IMHO of course I'm not bashing her personality. I'm sure she's a lovely woman. But to this poster she looks ridiculous in some of the clothes she chooses to wear to certain events. And I'm in no rush for her to dress like the Queen Mother. But it would be nice to see her wear something that FITS her body, and YES her position and age.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia today at the ARCO 2010 Opening:
Zimbio
Zimbio
Zimbio
I like everything at the dress, but I would have hoped that she would have some nice shoes with it. The dress has lovely colour.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

So much better. A good outfit for a princes ;-). The dress is beautiful, but I dont like the shoes.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

The dress is beautiful but I'm disappointed with her shoes'choice! beautiful stillettos or boots would have been better!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
queens and 1st ladies in middle east does not recycle their clothes
Really? Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by princechermed
Once again I disagree with you. There is no need to be a so called Letizia-hater only you dislike her style. This would mean you hate everyone whose style you hate. this is rude. I like Letizia; her personality, her work, her joy for what she does. And I dislike her style really. This does not make me a Letizia-hater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princechermed
But this thread is NOT about her important role she has, her always correct attitude, her behaviour with people. she is great in this point. i agree.
this thread is only about FASHION!
Some people always seem to forget about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily
I'm not a Letizia hater, and I think you're painting with too broad a brush if you are saying that if when she's criticized for wearing the clothes that she has lately then you're a Letizia hater. She can look absolutely stunning at times. But more often than not she has worn some clunkers. IMHO of course I'm not bashing her personality. I'm sure she's a lovely woman. But to this poster she looks ridiculous in some of the clothes she chooses to wear to certain events. And I'm in no rush for her to dress like the Queen Mother. But it would be nice to see her wear something that FITS her body, and YES her position and age.
I couldn't agree more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn
Letizia today at the ARCO 2010 Opening:
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...Nc6cumsq-l.jpg
I really likethis outfit, the dress is cute.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Beautiful dress, ugly shoes
Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Beautiful dress, ugly shoes

Very much agree! Lovely dress, and it looks so nice on her. Even the length is good. It's a little short, but not too much so. UGLY shoes.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is odd imo,on the top, and too short imo.I dislike shoes too
Old 02-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Courtier

See??? today she got it right... I'm not gonna discuss the shoes or the length of the dress, I'll cut her some slack and say she was fine!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really like this dress alot. Doesn't she have one in Gray? I really like the neck detail as well as the cut of the dress, also it fits amazingly. I don't want to get into the shoes. But, the tights IMO go well this dress.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

i love today's outfit! funnily enough, i think the brown tights look is a great addition to the dress!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Really? Why?

Once again I disagree with you. There is no need to be a so called Letizia-hater only you dislike her style. This would mean you hate everyone whose style you hate. this is rude. I like Letizia; her personality, her work, her joy for what she does. And I dislike her style really. This does not make me a Letizia-hater.

But this thread is NOT about her important role she has, her always correct attitude, her behaviour with people. she is great in this point. i agree.
this thread is only about FASHION!
Some people always seem to forget about this.

I couldn't agree more.

I really likethis outfit, the dress is cute.
So Letizia is just a hunger for you...

Sorry, I cannot segregate the person, the clothes and the role...because it has no sense then...IMHO

I don´t like many of the outfits Letizia wears, but many times it has important reasons to be...for example...Spanish economical current situation, Spanish succesion problem, Letizia´s origins, Spanish Royal agreements, Spanish laws...

I know is a forum about fashion...it doesn´t mean you only can speak about skirt length...
Old 02-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princechermed View Post
So Letizia is just a hunger for you...
What? Did you read my post at all? I clearly pointed out that I definitely don't want to limit her to her fashion. But okay... I am sorry some people think so or if I expressed myself wrongly.