The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I So agree, Emmily! She just doesn't seem to care anymore... Does she have to wear a huge scarf with everything?

Old 04-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if it's really cold in Spain? Perhaps that's why she's wearing the large scarf.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I wonder if it's really cold in Spain? Perhaps that's why she's wearing the large scarf.
It was raining but taking into account what the infantas were wearing I don't think it was too cold; I live in a place which has a "similar" climate, and I use a light pashmina but I don't think she needed the "blanket"
Old 04-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Nobility

I soo love this rose colored dress you're talking about. I really don't understand why she dresses like this the last time. She always looks the same with those huge scarfs and hardly any colours.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 04-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

Those big scarves are very trendy. You see them in all kind of weather. I don't like them much though. Someone should tell these scarf wearing women what happened to Isadora Duncan.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

God forbid that anything like this happens to Letizia! Poor Isadora indeed...

However, I agree with Udyusa and others that she looks as if she doesn't care anymore. I won't comment much on this outfit, besides that it's even more frustrating to see Letizia and the Queen - who looked formidable - side by side.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:48 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I like Letizia, but would it have been asking too much to dress in a very nice dress or skirt and top for Easter Mass? She looks like she's ready for a day of shopping. The rest of the family were dressed beautifully, it's sad when her daughters are more lovely than their mother for the holiday and Mass.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Letizias looked out of place, the outfit alltogether is very pretty but for a day with friends or out shopping.
If you had looked at Queen Sofia perfectly tailored suit and Letizia casual look, it didnt look too good IMO.
I would assume that Letizia after 6years of marriage would know what to wear to what event.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

agree totally, a skirt or a dress was the only way to go for a princess at easter.

Love the way the Spanish dress their children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I like Letizia, but would it have been asking too much to dress in a very nice dress or skirt and top for Easter Mass? She looks like she's ready for a day of shopping. The rest of the family were dressed beautifully, it's sad when her daughters are more lovely than their mother for the holiday and Mass.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Nobility

It's not that I don't like her easter outfit, it just doesn't fit the rest of the family.

May she has a cold and didn't want to wear a shorter suit, but she gets out of the line.

If you see the group and their clothing, it really shouts at you: Hello ! They are the born royals and I am just the and I am the middle class girl.
With her cloth she seperates herself optically from the rest....very strange !
Old 04-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

While I think that Letizia is a beautiful woman, I really find her fashion frustrating. She never seems to put a lot of thought into her outfits. She has had some lovely evening outfits but her daytime leaves a lot to be desired. I feel like other princesses look like royals during the day while still in functional clothing for inaugurations etc. Letizia wears decent clothes but looks like any other lady on the street.

As for the easter outfit I think it is nice but too casual for the occasion especially compared to the rest of the family
Old 04-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Courtier

I do a little bit worry
Old 04-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

She dressed rather formally the first 3 years, then the last 3 years, she wore casual clothes, don't know why. Maybe she just wanted to dress like most of the people inside the church. I wonder if she looked at her own pictures as Diana used to, if yes, why would she want to dress so different from her mom-in-law whose example she wanted to follow ?

I like her trench coat.

http://i43.tinypic.com/154v8f5.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2uxuza1.jpg
Old 04-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Nobility

I am very disappointed in what Letizia wore to Easter Mass. Athough it is a great "everyday" outfit, it is certainly not appropriate for the Crown Princess of Spain to wear that to Mass on Easter! Her little girls were dressed better than she was!! She looked beautiful, but just not appropriately dressed for the very special occasion.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Nobility

I like the trench coat, too (although she is way to thin for it) but this is almost what I look like when I leave the house everyday. Well, except for those shoes of course...
Maybe Letizia wants to be rebellious

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 04-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quathae View Post
I am very disappointed in what Letizia wore to Easter Mass. Athough it is a great "everyday" outfit, it is certainly not appropriate for the Crown Princess of Spain to wear that to Mass on Easter! Her little girls were dressed better than she was!! She looked beautiful, but just not appropriately dressed for the very special occasion.
I couldn't have said it better -- she was inappropriately dressed for such an occasion, and she does so consistently. I thought to myself, as you did, that she does know how to dress her daughters beautifully, but she herself seems to "underdress" for many events.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
She dressed rather formally the first 3 years, then the last 3 years, she wore casual clothes, don't know why. .....

No, last year she was formally dressed wearing a nicely detailed jacket with white slacks.

Mass 2009

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2009/PPE09041225.jpg

This year though she looked like she was headed out to go grocery shopping.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla View Post
I do a little bit worry
Me too. What happened to Letizia? She seemed to change around the time she had the plastic surgery. It's like she is reverting back to her non-royal persona; in fact, she doesn't even have the polish of a news reader anymore. Long straight hair parted in the middle like a teenager, short skirts, pants on occasions like Easter services, chewing gum at audiences...what is this about?
Old 04-06-2010, 03:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
No, last year she was formally dressed wearing a nicely detailed jacket with white slacks.

Mass 2009

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2009/PPE09041225.jpg

This year though she looked like she was headed out to go grocery shopping.
Some posters thought her white pants were too casual last year, she should have worn a skirt.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Some posters thought her white pants were too casual last year, she should have worn a skirt.
It was at least polished, one of her better appearances. The colours did match.
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/859...3AB288843C3064

2008 was really dreadful
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/803...B7A42805B8BEFC

Closed Thread