The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
The Huffington Post seems to love everything Letizia wears. I am surprised they even have an own section just for Letizia. "Princess Letizia - some news is so big it needs its own page".
I read the HP comments about her latest outfit (the one with a big scarf) and they are mostly positive. This is the opposite of the comments here. Why do you think that is?

Old 03-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Majesty

I believe it will be impossible to find a correct answer to the question you have asked. I for one do not like Huffington Post because it is just another yellow-tinted media media outlet as almost all political blogs and similar sites.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Nobility

I laughed when I read Royalist's comment about the blanket around her neck b/c that is exactly what I was thinking. Why did she roll up the sleeves on her jacket? I did that in college, but would never do that out in a professional setting. I don't think this is a very good look for Letizia, but I have to agree with many of you that I think her hair and makeup look really pretty. To Al Bina - you are right about the Huffington Post. They are very one-sided in their reporting.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I believe it will be impossible to find a correct answer to the question you have asked. I for one do not like Huffington Post because it is just another yellow-tinted media media outlet as almost all political blogs and similar sites.
May I guess? Because they employ 'journalists' with very bad and low taste maybe?! I truly wonder who reads it nowadays...
Old 03-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

It shouldn't be so hard to understand that tastes vary, young people tend to like contemporary style instead of some old fashioned, strange looking clothes (ex. Natan) some royals like to wear.
I think the scarf is beautiful, but too much going on with a big scarf, a grey dress and a black jacket, scarf+dress or dress+jacket should be enough.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
May I guess? Because they employ 'journalists' with very bad and low taste maybe?! I truly wonder who reads it nowadays...
I am not sure about journalists the site employs. The site has got a tabloid air about it: cheap sensationalism, which indicates a low class to me. That is my personal impression.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
i think we are not giving other ppl's opinions enough credit. this is a board where people post their opinions. that is a blog where journalists/bloggers post opinions/links and other ppl leave comments. perhaps we can also say that the people here are the ones with very 'bad and low' taste? however i wouldnt even bring such comments into play because its all subjective
Old 03-26-2010, 05:42 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe the opinions also quite differ due to different perspectives: members at TRF see Princess Letizia in her role as Future Queen of Spain and so they discuss whether her fashion choices are appropriate for her position or not.
People at other boards/blogs might only focus on Letitia as a fashion icon. I think no one can deny that her fashion choices are very modern and fashionable... but not always the best choice for a royal woman in her postition.
Of course black is right; in the end everything depends on subjective tastes.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Commoner

well that maybe so but some of the members who leave comments there seem to be spanish who appreciate her dressing in street brands and looking approachable. those in the know have commented that the spanish palace is a tightly controlled operation. clearly the men behind the scenes (and yes, the king and queen too) are not troubled by her outfits, in fact i suspect that they agree with it.
i have absolutely no issue with ppl who hate this or that item of clothing. its just not very meaningful when its decided that those who disagree are without taste or dont understand the subject at hand. royalty is an evolving concept after all, one cant and shouldnt be the same as it was 50 years ago!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Huffington Post only have discovered what other media already know - Letizia sells. They probably had never heard of her before she walked up the steps next to Carla Bruni and are still getting some facts wrong about her. Since stories about Rania are worn out and are getting boring, how fitting that a new fresh royal woman is on the scene who loves to wear celebrity fashion and heels. And even more fitting that there is no substance about her other than fashion - unlike Rania she doesnt do any royal "work" like patronages, foundations etc.

No matter what clothes she wears, in the eyes of the media it will always be fantastic and fashionable etc because people love to read about her. Why become negative and kill the cash cow that promises good business for the next 15 years or so until Leonor and Sofia will become the focus of the (fashion) media?

Letizia was dressed much worse than last week but what is exciting or fashionable about the flimsy too short grey dress with a scarf wrapped around her neck that only Pavarotti would like is beyond me.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Commoner

thats one take on it. the other is- people like different things
Old 03-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Huffington Post only have discovered what other media already know - Letizia sells. ... [snipped]
While I fully agree with you views on the situation, I wonder what exactly Crown Princess Letizia might sell. Clothing by Mango and Zara leaves much to be desired in terms of quality.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
While I fully agree with you views on the situation, I wonder what exactly Crown Princess Letizia might sell. Clothing by Mango and Zara leaves much to be desired in terms of quality.
the whole spanish gossip media lives on letizia stories and will continue to do so. fashion is the easiest topic to write about since the events she attends are usually with regard to felipe (boring) and letizia walks behind him dressed "fashionable" in a celebrity sense. therefore this is where the focus goes, not much else to write about. and people like to look at her pictures, what is she wearing, does she look happy etc.

letizia's story has been fascinating from the beginning (divorcee, the strict royal house, having to give birth to a heir and continuing from there) and the mags realized very early that writing ANYTHING about her will beat any other topic on front cover, apart from big scandals maybe. It hasnt changed until this very day and Huffington Post is only the latest media outlet to jump on the topic.

Apart from creating Letizia as an "icon", another beneficiary is Felipe Varela whose mediocre clothes became "stylish", all of a sudden. Strange world but I guess its about the industry making money, very simple.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the clarifications!
There are too many various disposable "icons" nowadays. One more, one less ...
Old 03-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Commoner

indeed! why cant they just say they like/dislike someone's clothes and leave it at that? but i suppose noone would ever react to others' opinions if we (ie people who wrote on topics like this) didnt call things we didnt like 'hideous', 'ghastly' and etc etc and things we like 'fashion-icon' like. that word has lost its meaning now sadly
Old 04-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Courtier

The RF annual visit to Mallorca's cathedral:

http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...real$599x0.jpg

IMO it looks ok, but nothing interesting
Old 04-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

She went to the church on this special day wearing... this?! Look at Q.Sofia or at the men of the family or even at her daughters! And don't start me with the low budget and the good she does for the country and the people, please...
Old 04-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
She went to the church on this special day wearing... this?! Look at Q.Sofia or at the men of the family or even at her daughters! And don't start me with the low budget and the good she does for the country and the people, please...
But at least she didn't wear a short skirt, that's why I said it was just "ok", not really appropiate but better than other days
Old 04-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not a fan of this outfit at Easter Mass. I would have liked it better if she had worn a skirt. Or better yet, she could have recycled her rose colored dress and jacket to match the girls. Everyone else looked lovely.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I'm not a fan of this outfit at Easter Mass. I would have liked it better if she had worn a skirt. Or better yet, she could have recycled her rose colored dress and jacket to match the girls. Everyone else looked lovely.
Yep, you said it. Everyone else looked lovely. It's Easter, Letizia! Put some effort into it.

Closed Thread