The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Um ... Not just short. This particular dress could belong to one of her daughters IMO. Anyway, I liked the short cardigan.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princechermed View Post
When you say sophisticated you mean overdressed...we don´t need another new rich or another nordic princess...
she is just simple, natural and defines her own style without any stylist help. And she succed to be among the most admired royals around the world and appear in all the best dressed lists also...why to change then?
Of course you have to take into consideration that spain is not a north european monarchy and that we expect something different from our royals. But this can't explain Letizia's poor fashion sense. I'm not arguing that she should limit her budget, we are passing a bad economic period but she could invest her money in classic well made clothes that can be reused without looking old fashioned.

She has some beautiful gowns but in the day to day outfits she usually looks bad. She has to represent Spain, if she wants to look trendy and wear miniskirts she can do it in her free time. I'm not saying she has to change her style, she only has to upgrade it. Even if she does not want it, her clothes are important and probably she will remembered for her fashion sense so it is an important topic.

And I did not mean sophistication in the sense of being overdressed, I was thinking more in the line of elegance.

Well we are going to agree to disagree over Letizia's style

Old 03-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princechermed View Post
If you were a Royal it is clear you will be buying expensive clothes everyday...thanks God Letizia have more interesting things to do...LOL

She looked bored and unhappy at the beginning of her royal life...her clothes were overdressed and inappropiate for a 32yo woman...
Now she looks happier and more confortable with her image...
she was trying to be accepted as a royal...now she is a Royal, the most popular among Spaniards...without an innecessary sophisticated image...but with a casual image and warm attitude with people...
Is she really the most popular royal among Spaniards? For some reason I assumed the Queen was.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

It depends......I think the Queen is more popular,imo
Old 03-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Popular is not the right word for Sofia IMO, however she is very well respected. The King was the most popular IMO, now perhaps still him or Letizia among some sectors.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know when was the last time Letizia had an updo?
Old 03-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix View Post
Does anyone know when was the last time Letizia had an updo?
Charles' birthday party at the end of 2008. In Mexico Oct 2008, she had tied her hair up nicely. Since then, her evening hairdo has been the biggest disappointment to me, more so than her clothes, although I don't like Mango clothes, at least they were for non major events mostly.

http://media.eresmas.com/biblioteca/...esamerica4.jpg
Old 03-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Haha I honestly thought her last updo was on her wedding day! As for her personal style maybe she just wears what she wants. I can see her rolling out of bed and walking to her closet and picking out whatever she feels like wearing that day. I do agree that she needs to wear clothes w better quality.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Letizia's silly Barbie/teenager clothes quite suit the awkward or even uncomfortable postures or body language, not only at this event
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Mar2010/PPE10031703.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Mar2010/PPE10031723.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Mar2010/PPE10031726.jpg

The last time I remember Letizia being confident within herself was at her engagement day, and the fashion sense has gone too since. She looks like a clown these days.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you,an unappropiate look imo
Old 03-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Letizia's silly Barbie/teenager clothes quite suit the awkward or even uncomfortable postures or body language, not only at this event

The last time I remember Letizia being confident within herself was at her engagement day, and the fashion sense has gone too since. She looks like a clown these days.
For a 16 to 25 years old woman: Nice outfit. For her age: a little bit ridiculous.

Even her bearing makes me worry - she looks like a little girl, lost in the world, don't know, what to do !!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Nobility

Couldn't agree more...
She should see herself on these photos and try to enhance her posture, she looks really unconfortable and careless.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Charles' birthday party at the end of 2008. In Mexico Oct 2008, she had tied her hair up nicely.
Wow, that's indeed a very long time ago. Since then Letitia varied between 4 different hairdos:
straight hair and middle parting, straight hair and side parting, curly hair and middle parting, curly hair and side parting.
After more then a year it's time for something new.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sometimes the reaction of the photographers could make her feel uncomfortable. I would be really embarrassed wearing those cheap casual Mango clothes (they looked worse than the first time since the sweater already looked worn out after washed) standing next to my formally and well dressed handsome husband, I have to say she must have lots of confidence in herself to do so (a few times).
Duke, at least she didn't wear expensive clothes and looked like a clown like certain Dutch royals.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not a big fan of this outfit. Wasn't the last tiime she wore it either. And she does look rather child-like in these photos with this outfit. I'm not sure that it has anything to do with her confidence, but more the outfit she's wearing. People say you are what you eat, but for me it's more like you are what you wear and how you look.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Aristocracy

I don't care for the clothes and shoes she has been wearing lately. I personally feel they are too casual and too young for her. She is such a pretyy lady.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

You hit it, I always thought she looks like a doll with those clothes, especially the cardigan... I find her posing really ridiculous, I'm sorry.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Courtier

Todays she went to inaugurate the food show (salon de alimentacion) in Barcelona, she looks way better than the last day but still too casual in my opinion
BelgaPicture - Category details
and she was wearing flats
Old 03-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Todays she went to inaugurate the food show (salon de alimentacion) in Barcelona, she looks way better than the last day but still too casual in my opinion
BelgaPicture - Category details
and she was wearing flats
I agree.I dislike this too casual style imo,and the flats too
Each day she looks more casual,a pity imo
Old 03-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, the outfit is casual, but I still like it. The blouse and the scarf are beautiful and they look good with the jacket.
Profimedia
Profimedia