The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Letizia attended audiences today. A recycled (a few times) outfit.

Princess Letizia of Spain attends several audiences at the Zarzuela Palace on March 12, 2010 - News, photos, topics, and quotes

Old 03-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Royal Highness

Navy is good on her, but I'm not crazy about the outfit and the scarf and the shoes with the pants.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Nobility

I agree with Emmily, that navy looks really good on her. I thought her outfit was ok, nothing spectacular about it. Her scarf was nice, but a bit bulky and large IMO. I do think that this was a great color choice for her, and she seems very appropriately dressed for the occasion.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I dislike the scarf so casual imo,and as usually, nothing special to me,I miss sophistication in her dressing
But I like the colour of her hair,clairer in this ocassion....
Old 03-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I think any woman would wear such an outfit to go to the supermarket or pick the kids from school. For the wife of the future King of Spain, who attends audiences at the Zarzuela Palace, it's just ridiculous and not that smart. Unless she thinks this is the best way to welcome and honour all these people. Letizia needs to start respecting her image and what the others expect to see IMO.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I think any woman would wear such an outfit to go to the supermarket or pick the kids from school. For the wife of the future King of Spain, who attends audiences at the Zarzuela Palace, it's just ridiculous and not that smart. Unless she thinks this is the best way to welcome and honour all these people. Letizia needs to start respecting her image and what the others expect to see IMO.
I agree with you. The outfit is okay, but its very underdressed for a formal event.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Nobility

I forgot to read the part about Letizia welcoming people at the palace. I agree with you Noor. She should dress better to reflect her position as Princess. It is a nice casual outfit. I just misread the caption.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps she purposedly dressed down to make the meetings less stiff. The people Letizia received at the audiences were quite different from the King or the Prince who received lots of high level politicians, diplomats, foreign guests and etc. Most people Letizia received were young students, charity associations who came to tell the issues, concerns and look for help.
In general, I don't like royals wearing sweaters, the other day her always very formal sister-in-law Elena also wore a sweater at an audience. I think she should buy herself a few more relaxed style pant suits.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Perhaps she purposedly dressed down to make the meetings less stiff. The people Letizia received at the audiences were quite different from the King or the Prince who received lots of high level politicians, diplomats, foreign guests and etc. Most people Letizia received were young students, charity associations who came to tell the issues, concerns and look for help.
In general, I don't like royals wearing sweaters, the other day her always very formal sister-in-law Elena also wore a sweater at an audience. I think she should buy herself a few more relaxed style pant suits.
One can make a warmer and friendly atmosphere by being friendly, sweet and smiling/encouraging others to relax, while being perfectly and appropriately dressed at the same time. Not by putting on some casual trousers and a sweater and wrapping a huge scarf in the last minute. Look at Rania or Mary or Camilla, from the elder generation of royals, for example. The way the interract with the ordinary people, no matter how old they are, is impeccable, while they never failed to appear elegant, neat and decent.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I love the outfit, the navy suits Letizia.

Quote:
Look at Rania or Mary or Camilla, from the elder generation of royals, for example.
Mary & Rania aren't that old.
Mary being 38 and Rania being 39.
Letizia is only 37.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I meant Camilla.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
One can make a warmer and friendly atmosphere by being friendly, sweet and smiling/encouraging others to relax, while being perfectly and appropriately dressed at the same time. Not by putting on some casual trousers and a sweater and wrapping a huge scarf in the last minute. Look at Rania or Mary or Camilla, from the elder generation of royals, for example. The way the interract with the ordinary people, no matter how old they are, is impeccable, while they never failed to appear elegant, neat and decent.
I think Rania has also dressed down a bit when she was in Jordan. Sure she didn't wear Zara or Mango, but she is not a Spanish princess.
They are from different countries, being impeccable in one country might not work for the others. It's not a big deal for Letizia to wear Zaras at an audience with the young students or people from charity organizations seeking help (not a major event like the National day or the PoA awards), wearing designer labels all the time would more likely get her into trouble IMO.
Personally I think Camilla is frumpy and boring, doesn't know what clothes suit her body shape.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well financially Spain isn't doing too well. So if Letizia were to go out and buy expensive clothes I'm sure there will be some criticism from the Spaniards on her lavish spending. That is my opinion. Other than that I like the suit and it's a great color on her. But I wish she'd do something different with her hair.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:09 PM

Letizia is Letizia and not Mary or Rania, she has her own personality and she lives in Spain and this makes her unique. I like what she wears most of the time. I like to look at what she is doing instead of paying so much attention to what she wears. If she was like everyone else she would be very boring.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:13 AM
Gentry

Smile

Great photo of HRH Letizia

Princess Letizia Greets Guests In Scarf & Stillettos (PHOTOS)

Quote:
If I were Jordan, with all that pobert in he country I wont agree with Rania wearing so expensive international designers...same with Mary and her everyday new Prada outfits...If many Spanish women can do their work with Zara clothes why is Letizia being critizise for doing the same?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm really surprised to read all these. You seem like you haven't realized how much money the tax payers in Spain pay for the SRF. It's a common 'secret' already...at least Letizia could spend some of that huge amounts of money on decent clothes, if not on high fashion brands. I mean, it looks like you're fooling yourselves here. When she doesn't spend so much money on nice clothes, what does she do with it? Keep it in her bank accounts? lol
Old 03-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Noormeanslight, do you actually know how much money the SRF costs to Spaniards?
Maybe you would get surprised...
And anyway, if Letizia spent so much money in clothes as other CPs and queens do, I would become republican

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 03-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Personally I don't think it's a problem that Letizia wears brands like Mango and Zara.
However: what I don't like about her style is that the outfits just don't look well chosen often.
Very often I find her outfits too casual or too girly.

Btw, is it known if she spent much more money in her wardrobe in her earlier Princess years? I liked her style better in the earlier years. Some of her pieces were oldfashioned, but most of the time she looked very elegant and her clothes were just perfect for her position.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

You are absolutely right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebha View Post
it's just fantastic today, seeing à princess having respect for public money , recycling expensives gowns, wearing low-range "prêt-à-porter"
Expect very rich Golf contries (Saudia, Brunai, Qatar, AbuDahbi....)
All the princesses and Queen should do the same by respect for their people ... [snipped]
Crown Princess Letizia is not the only Crown Princess or Princess, who recycles her clothes. All European Crown Princesses and Princesses do recycle. At the same time, it is worth noting that supporters of the aforementioned royal ladies do not create cheap tragedies because some TRF members criticise them for wearing a particular ensemble.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I'm in complete agreement with you. The color Navy looks great on her, but that is really all I like about what she is wearing. She looks better than most days she does an audience here. But I wish she'd step it up a bit. And for those who say she needs to watch the budget....she uses expensive handbags. We've seen that. So to suggest she can't spiffy up her wardrobe rings false here. She dressed ever so much better at the beginning of her royal life. No reason she can't do so now.