Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2009 - February 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure she would love to wear Chanel or Dior or Valentino but they are not Spanish designers.

There are great designers in Spain, as good this you named, but Letizia don´t even used good Spanish designers. I don´t know why?

Ten designers create fantastic dresses for her 5th anniversary as Princess of Asturias and she decided to donate them to Dress Museum. She could wear Angel Schlesser...
http://betrendymyfriend.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Sin-título-223.jpg
http://betrendymyfriend.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Sin-título-84.jpg
http://betrendymyfriend.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Sin-título-4.jpg

Alma Aguilar is a fantastic designer also:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0XSI9ZNS1R8/SaHW78ehpwI/AAAAAAAAArY/12mblGJRa1o/s400/ALMAAGUILAR1+.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XAtRGoEjtIs/S0bqMBrCEtI/AAAAAAAAB3A/29q5prUFYLg/s640/alma+3.jpg

Pardon me, but i just do not understand why Letizia cannot wear other designers. I do not think that she would be criticized if she wore a beautiful gown, dress, pants that fit her properly, regardless of the designer and where they were born... Just my opinion of course.

Letizia is not an actress a singer or another kind of celebrity, she is a Spanish princessand she has a responsibilty with the Spaniards. she has an important role and she represents Spain all over the world, so the normal thing is that she represents also Spanish fashion and shoes... I don´t understand how other princess can wear a whole Prada wardrobe like RH Princess Mary or Dior and Gucci like Queen Rania.

Letizia is more coherent and logic

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved Angel Schlesser's work. OMG What a great find! Thank you so much for providing these links!

About Letizia wearing other designers as well, I think I'm going to agree with Udyusa. It wouldn't harm her image or the Spanish designers. I feel this is a bit exaggerated. Yes, she represents Spain and some of the basic Spanish products, if possible. But she's not a model or someone who works to advertise certain brands... And again, how do Schlesser or Aguilar - among others - feel, since they know Letizia prefers F.Varela, Mango or Zara, and has 'stuck' to certain brands and designers? I think it's pointless. Besides, she would look as elegant - more actually, if you ask me - if she wore Valentino, YSL and other famous top designers, that only pruduce refined quality products. She could do that at least once in a while - it wouldn't harm anyone. Let's be honest.

Thank you, NoorML! The Queen and the Infantas wear other designers so why not Letizia? I cannot see where it would hurt her status as CP... On the contrary, I think it would enhance her to dress more elegantly than she has been.

Exactly!!

Thank you, NoorML! The Queen and the Infantas wear other designers so why not Letizia? I cannot see where it would hurt her status as CP... On the contrary, I think it would enhance her to dress more elegantly than she has been.

You're absolutely right. Who was it? Elena's ex-husband who worked for foreign designers - representing them in the Spanish market or something? I mean, this has gone too far! There's no Princess/Queen, that wore/wears foreign designers' clothes, who caused disatisfaction or disappointment to the people of her country. Simply, because that's irrelevant - no royal person or politician is judged by such choices! Letizia has done her best so far, representing Spanish brands. I think she should leave some space to other top designers as well - especially when it's 100% certain that her appearance will be instantly upgraded. ;) :flowers:

I would have to disagree here. Elegance, to me, doesn't come only from wearing high end designers such YSL, Valentino, Dior, Chanel etc. One can wear the aforementioned designers and still look far from elegant. Just look at Caroline of Monaco's Chanel debacles. Personally, I feel that Letizia should take a break from Varela and explore other Spanish fashion designers. I am sure there are "high end" fashion designers in Spain as well. Maybe designers such as princechermed mentioned in her post.

As far as the Queen and the Infantas wearing foreign designers, they are welcome to it. I don't think Letizia has to go that route if she doesn't want to. Personally, I think its a good PR move on her part to wear Spanish designers and should continue to do so. I think she should advance Spanish designers (may be wear some obscure designer) rather than jumping on the "foreign is best" bandwagon. As PoA, she's been given a unique platform to help the Spanish people, be it in the fashion industry or any other industry, and I think she should take advantage of that.

I never said I like Karl Lagerfeld's work - Chanel that is. Or that 'foreign is best' should become Letizia's new motto. I think I was pretty clear and carefully chose Valentino and YSL, simply because you can never go wrong with them. And this isn't objective on my part - history has judged these designers already.:flowers:

Pdas1201, you can PM me if you still don't understand my point.

A CP can support her native country's fashion and yet be a patron of others. Remember when Diana went to Germany and wore Prada??

Besides, fashion is an international language!;)

Goodnight to everyone!:flowers:

I am sorry if I misstated what you said. I guess I included Chanel in the list, because its a brand I watch. But, it was never my intention to state that you said "Chanel is best." I was just including Chanel in top end designers, which it is.

And it is indeed subjective on your part or anyone's part. Fashion is a relative term. Just now you stated that you don't like Karl Lagerfeld's work (btw, is that what you said, because that's what I interpreted)and that one can never go wrong with Valentino and YSL, which is subjective as well. I have seen Maxima in some horrendous Valentino designs (again that is my view, so its subjective).

Also I can make the argument that history has "judged" Chanel as well and yet they are not on your list of designers. So, what I am trying to say is, subjectively, you can say that Valentino and YSL are the best but that doesn't mean that they really are, there are no facts to that matter. They work in an industry where "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." So, what you might like such as Valentino and YSL, I might dislike (which I incidentally do, Valentino that is, YSL heels I lust after:flowers:)

Btw, I don't think I have to PM you anything. I thought we're having a polite discussion about our differing opinions. I think as long as we can continue to discuss without being impolite or attacking each other, we can have the discussion on the forums.

Oh, she would look just wonderful in this dress. It´s stunning, and she has a quite similar body type to Martina Klein, who looks gorgeous in the first pic. :flowers:
Definitively, Schlesser´s job is marvellous, he´s one of the best Spanish designers nowadays. I wish she wore something by Annibal Laguna, I think he also has great desings.

A CP can support her native country's fashion and yet be a patron of others. Remember when Diana went to Germany and wore Prada??

She definitely can. But, what I am saying is, why become a patron of something that already has enough patrons worldwide. Why not continue to do what you are doing (wearing Spanish designs) except maybe branching off to other Spanish designers, some up and coming ones and put them on international stage or at least Spanish stage, like she did with Varela.

I do indeed remember how stunning Diana looked in Prada when visiting that country. And what a boost not only to the economy that was as well as the designer but what a clever piece of public relations for both countries. I believe a smart, good-looking Princess like Letizia could very well do the same and look smashing to boot!

Letizia is not an actress a singer or another kind of celebrity, she is a Spanish princessand she has a responsibilty with the Spaniards. she has an important role and she represents Spain all over the world, so the normal thing is that she represents also Spanish fashion and shoes... I don´t understand how other princess can wear a whole Prada wardrobe like RH Princess Mary or Dior and Gucci like Queen Rania.

Letizia is more coherent and logic

She's more coherent and logical because of her clothing choices? I think her choices are anything but lately:flowers: She does have an important role and it would be nice to see her dress to reflect that role rather than dressing in clothes that are ill-fitting and would look better on an 18 year old.:flowers:

I'm not sure about the brown, but over all, she looks ok.

With all this discussion about foreign( to Spain) designers I believe that Letizia should wear clothes that suit her and her position and above all she should be satisfied that she looks the very best she can, that is in itself a compliment to Spain. If going to a function or ceremony which is promoting Spain, which is more important? What she is doing or what she is wearing?
Little unknown designers? She can´t afford to do this, if she looked dreadful in an outfit made by one of these, she would be criticized and so would the designer.
I believe that a designer has to make a name for him/herself before designing clothes for a future Queen, but then that is my own opinion.
Someone look bad in Valentino? That is something I have definitely missed out on.

Personally I haven't always agreed with what is said sometimes as far as expectations on Letizia's sense of fashion. I cannot fathom what it is to be presentable to her audience and countrymen as a ruling human. The spectrum of what is possible, favorable, or understandable as intellectual or cultural can range and be vast. With the many influences and introductions to concepts and outlooks, one can in a stature such as Letizia is in, be amazed and enthralled with so many experiences, expectations, and advice. She is in a plateau all her own and in particularly from the country of Spain. We have impressions of what she may look best as but the environment sometimes calls one's attention to favorable attire and or particular choice. It's fun for me to gather here because I see an emblem to the important past being represented by the Royals and because everyone who posts is a delight to follow and understand.

I think Letizia can do no wrong. Maybe it's because she looks so well or maybe she really cares to present herself and Spain so well, but I think her persuasion carries her to realm after realm of sincere love and regard. No matter what she chooses I hope she and the King perfect their lives to revel. Good luck in all that. May their destiny be free and a spell.

I am sorry if I misstated what you said. I guess I included Chanel in the list, because its a brand I watch. But, it was never my intention to state that you said "Chanel is best." I was just including Chanel in top end designers, which it is.

And it is indeed subjective on your part or anyone's part. Fashion is a relative term. Just now you stated that you don't like Karl Lagerfeld's work (btw, is that what you said, because that's what I interpreted)and that one can never go wrong with Valentino and YSL, which is subjective as well. I have seen Maxima in some horrendous Valentino designs (again that is my view, so its subjective).

Also I can make the argument that history has "judged" Chanel as well and yet they are not on your list of designers. So, what I am trying to say is, subjectively, you can say that Valentino and YSL are the best but that doesn't mean that they really are, there are no facts to that matter. They work in an industry where "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." So, what you might like such as Valentino and YSL, I might dislike (which I incidentally do, Valentino that is, YSL heels I lust after:flowers:)

Btw, I don't think I have to PM you anything. I thought we're having a polite discussion about our differing opinions. I think as long as we can continue to discuss without being impolite or attacking each other, we can have the discussion on the forums.

Ok, no need to PM me. I just didn't want us to go off topic.

No, you didn't misinterpret what I said this time. It's true: I can't compare Lagerfeld's rags to a Valentino gown or an YSL suit, for example. History has judged Coco Chanel and yes, she was an accomplished designer. But Lagerfeld's work disgraces and dishonours Chanel's memory and work. On the other hand, there's not a single piece designed by Valentino that could be called 'horrendous'. One can say that this or that isn't his/her cup of tea, but 'horrendous' - I don't think so.

I'm afraid I'm off topic already, so let me add this: if Letizia or any other royal lady wears Valentino's or anyone else's clothes once in a while, this doesn't instantly make her his/her patron.:flowers:

Meeting of the Advisory Board Prince of Girona Foundation
Barcelona Feb 16th

Close up - Brown jacket and scarf, a bit casual but not bad
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo...pes-fundacion-principe-de-girona-03$599x0.jpg

Full view - Tight Heavy Metal leather pants with Biker boots :yuk:
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/96...A5512D2F124A911C4CDF023E19EF2ADDE6179CC9E4C14
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo...ncipes-fundacion-principe-de-girona$599x0.jpg

the jaket is nice, but the leather pants with biker boots are a mess imo:eek:
as always i love her make-up especially her beautiful lipstick

I really like the top half of the outfit; the brown coat is nice and business like. The scarf I like, but I wish she'd taken it off during the meeting as it looks too casual. Now, to the bottom half, I think skinny girls can totally work the leather pants/tights look, but IMO it should be confined to girls night out, or private parties and not to business meetings by anyone, let alone a princess. As for the boots, she could have worn them with a pencil skirt/blouse or a skirt suit, like the lady on the left of Felipe has done.

i always like her way of putting scarfs :) brown suits her a lot.

Oh. no! Not than much controversal!
Leather pants are too much for a princess not on vacation. :bang:

Top part - jacket & scarf look amazing, really well fitted andtailored but waist down is just horrific.

I must say I like her outfit, especially the leather pants :).
The only problem is, that shes a princess. So, a good outfit for a normal person, but a bad outfit for a princess.

I don't know why you say that a leather pants is not appropriate for a princess! In that case there's nothing wrong! she wears those with a jacket and a scarf so it's a very classic outfit with a modern touch!

So, a good outfit for a normal person, but a bad outfit for a princess.
I agree with you.
The pants and boots just make her look too much like a biker.:ermm:

Apart from that: I don't think that leather pants suit her.
I like the boots.

Last edited:
This kind of skinny leather trousers - or pants, as you call it - is very fashionable this season, but I don't like this particular look on a princess either. I absolutely love the black riding boots - simple and timeless. Again, boring jacket! Besides, brown and black don't match at all...

Horrible outfit. One of the worst this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom