Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2009 - February 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nice to know that Crown Princess Letizia is duly lauded for being modest. However, clothes by Mango or Zara or any other brand she chooses to wear are ill-fitted. If Crown Princess Letizia is so keen on representing the Spanish fashion industry, the latter can do a better job tailoring clothes for her. I see nothing wrong with wearing Chanel or Dior or Valentino because classical perfectly-tailored pieces from the above brands can be viewed as an investment. The same can not be said about Mango or Zara.

I am sure she would love to wear Chanel or Dior or Valentino but they are not Spanish designers.

Letizia looked nice today and her pants outfit the other day wasn't bad except for the ugly platform boots.

Pardon me, but i just do not understand why Letizia cannot wear other designers. I do not think that she would be criticized if she wore a beautiful gown, dress, pants that fit her properly, regardless of the designer and where they were born... Just my opinion of course.

I think Letizia looked ok today. The coat style was ok, nothing special in my opinion. I like that the dress and shoes are the same color, and other than the platform, I love the shoes. They compliment her outfit well. The clutch was very nice too. Just an observation, and maybe it is just me, but I see all the CPs and Queens carrying clutches quite frequently. Are they "in" now, or have they always been? I really like most of what I have been seeing.

i liked the outfit , the coat looked great on her :)

I think the outfit was fine and appropriate. The coat is nice- I like the cut alot. I guess the dress she wore underneath is that one.

The outfit was very nice. But Letizia is way over due for a hair cut and styling.

Did she need to wear something special to attend the congress of terrorism victims ? The black coat is appropriate for the occasion and quite nice IMO (people do have different tastes on clothes) except that she had worn it quite a few times.
If royal acts or representing a country is all about clothes, then Princess Anne should never be allowed to represent GB :lol:.

Allright, in case you still don't understand why I reacted like this: you can't quote me and state I'm obliged to like everything Letizia wears (obviously, this was your point - anyone can read between the lines), because Princess Anne dresses worse and then laugh at me. :ohmy: First of all, I never said Princess Anne is well-dressed (to be honest, I never go to her threads - she's too boring, IMO) and secondly, we discuss Letizia's attires here and I can state my opinion, as long as it isn't rude, either you agree with it or not. Am I wrong? :flowers:

I think the gray dress she wore recently was alright like all the other times she has worn it, this past month, and the black coat is fine as well. I think the only problem I see IMO is the excessive recycling. She has got the same two or three outfits on the top of the pile being recycled successively. Maybe it to give it a rest and choose from other outfits in the back of the closet. In recent times, I can't remember her wearing a lot of the clothes she wore in the first few years post marriage, she can start out by recycling those.

Also, I like the brown dress by Varela as well but it has also been repeated several times recently. I think its time to send to the back of the closet.

:previous: I think that anybody is saying you´re obliged to like Letizia´s outfit, Noormeanslight :flowers:
This coat is rather ugly IMO. I can't see anything special in her attire today. I don't know what happened to her lately - she needs to come around as soon as possible. She represents her country after all. I'm sorry, looks like a bad joke to me...
You´ve said before that you don´t like Letizia´s outfit because it hasn´t nothing special, and that looks like a joke to you. Well, I can´t agree less with you. What would be a joke, and a very bad one IMO, it´s wearing a glamorous dress to a congress of terrorism victims. I think that a plain black coat matched with grey is the best choice.
And OMG, her hair is looking really bad...:ermm:

I like this brown outfit, the shades of brown at this outfit are great. Letizia had scarf today too.
Profimedia

To Annie S: Please, don't take me wrong. All I was saying is there are some quite opinionated people here, that take negative comments on their favourite royals personally and are ready to attack other members by using - unfortunately - casuistries. I know people often attack Princess Anne or Sarah Ferguson here, but this comparison - apart from being irrelevant at this thread - doesn't make Letizia look 100% elegant or at least, less underdressed. I happen to be one of those who find Letizia absolutely lovely and glamorous (and a very nice person, of course - a truly remarkable woman!), but on the other hand, I also happened to notice, like so many other members lately, that she chooses quite often ill-fitting and cheap-looking clothes. I just don't think she's putting too much effort anymore, like other CPs (see Victoria or Mary of Denmark, for example). I'm also one of those who wishes to see Letizia looking fabulous again, just like she once used to. And this is what I wanted to express with my post yesterday. I hope everything is clear now - and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding I caused!:flowers:

You´ve said before that you don´t like Letizia´s outfit because it hasn´t nothing special, and that looks like a joke to you. Well, I can´t agree less with you. What would be a joke, and a very bad one IMO, it´s wearing a glamorous dress to a congress of terrorism victims. I think that a plain black coat matched with grey is the best choice.
And OMG, her hair is looking really bad...:ermm:

I agree wholeheartedly with you, Annie_S. There's nothing wrong with the colour and a plain coat seems more than appropriate for this occasion. But I think this coat, particularly the top part, was rather ugly IMO. I believe it wouldn't have hurt anyone if the coat would have been a tad more elegant, after all she's a Princess. :flowers:

12-02-2010 Seville Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe attended the presentation of the Prince of Girona in Andalusia at the Reales Alcazares in Seville.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2010/PPE10021211.jpg

repeated brown Varela suit.

One of the outfits from last year, I really liked. The brown dress is nice and the colour becomes her quite well. :flowers:

Agreed, but I'm sure that the dress is Hugo Boss (as the jacket looks wrong with the dress, it makes sense that the pieces are from different labels)

I think it might have worked, the way you said it, if the sleeve ends of the jacket didn't match the dress. If you see closely in the picture posted by Her_Majesty, you'll see that the sleeve end on the jacket is the same material (and is of the same color) as the dress. Also, the lining around the pockets of the jacket match the dress as well.

Overall I think the light brown dress and dark brown jacket was very nice. I love the shoes (minus the platform). The color and fabric of the shoes is very beautiful. I agree with Zubiaur regarding the brown color of her outfit though. Letizia is such a lovely woman, I think that she would look better if she wore some different/prettier colors. I just don't think the brown flatters her that well. That being said, a nice coat or scarf is one thing, but layers of brown upon brown I think is too much. The same goes for her grey and black outfits. Maybe she is dressing this way because it is winter, or for the nature/seriousness of the occasions, but I hope that when spring and summer roll around, we will see her dressing more vibrantly, with more color and "life" to her outfits.

I agree with Quathae regarding the colours. The brown dress is pretty IMO, but I don't care for this jacket. I don't find it stylish at all. Actually it's the type of jacket an old woman would wear.

Both jackets and dress were from Varela. I saw Michelle O wore a simillar brown dress, was not from Boss either. I like the dress, not so much the jacket. In general, I don't like 80s style shapeless big jackets.

Excited to see the princess in such an appropriate outfit! Her recent choice of the brown dress is lovely. I'm not sure what it is exactly about the dress, perhaps the idea of the design--it's very feminine--but I've always liked it. I agree that the jacket is too heavy.

Thats a lovely coat, I like how it is a bit tighter around the waist and just drops.

That is indeed one of her best coats.
The whole outfit is nice, I like the dress, appropriate and fits her well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom