Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2009 - February 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And donnak she doesn't have only a black burberry jacket she has also a white burberry jacket very lovely!

yes it's at least 2 or 3 coats / jackets, various bags / clutches and Leonor and Sofia dress Burberry too ...

I quite liked the above white jacket - it's different, more romantic let's say, but still stylish! Wish Letizia upgraded her jackets at last! ;)

I really love this trousers and the shoes...I love this new styke more than the old-fashioned old woman outfit she used to wear in 2005, 2006...with the shoes and the bad in the same colours...uggggg

... [snipped] A couple of weeks ago, the Spanish fashion legend Elio Berhnanyer criticized Sofia and Elena for wearing luxious brands like Valentino, Dior, Chanel instead of supporting the Spanish fashion in magazine 'ten minutes'. There was not much media interest at the Queen or the infantas, if the same criticism was for Letizia, we already saw them all over the heart programs or internets. Like I said before, being modest is the best option for the current economic situation. She always dressed decently for the big occasions such as the PoA awards or the National day, if she liked to experiment fashion a bit for the less major events, the Spanish media rather welcomed the change (I always got the impression that the pink press didn't like Varela much, perhaps a bit jealous of his luck), hits or misses, I doubt most people really cared. ...[snipped]
It is nice to know that Crown Princess Letizia is duly lauded for being modest. However, clothes by Mango or Zara or any other brand she chooses to wear are ill-fitted. If Crown Princess Letizia is so keen on representing the Spanish fashion industry, the latter can do a better job tailoring clothes for her. I see nothing wrong with wearing Chanel or Dior or Valentino because classical perfectly-tailored pieces from the above brands can be viewed as an investment. The same can not be said about Mango or Zara.

Aside from her engagement outfit has she worn other foreign designers? I know her sisters-in-law and the Queen wear Valentino, Chanel etc but Letizia seems to stick to Spanish designers, which is great for Spanish fashion.

4pam said:
Aside from her engagement outfit has she worn other foreign designers? I know her sisters-in-law and the Queen wear Valentino, Chanel etc but Letizia seems to stick to Spanish designers, which is great for Spanish fashion.

Check this thread though it needs an update :)
Designers Used by the Spanish Royal Family

I do understand where a few say that the royals have to represent the fashion industry but I dont agree that it has to be done to almost every single event. Change is nice and if other designers do much better job then why not go to them. The designers Letizia is picking at the moment is not fit for a working princess but could be worn at her private time.
I dont agree because the press say something that they follow, its like the white engagement outfit that Letizia wore, she got criticized for wearing a foreign designer and then she started wearing Spanish designers which did look good but then at a point they were quite dissapointing.
If a royal wants to support the fashion industry than I say do it in a correct way with the right looks & outfits. The palace/Letizia could easily hire a stylist who comes in twice a year per season and puts different looks for her. A stylist doesnt mean a weekly job or be styled for every event.

Last edited:
Nice outfit. The coat is pretty and looks very nice with the pants and shoes. The shoes seem to be very nice too (I guess they are boots).
The jacket underneath the coat looks nice, too. I still don't think that light brown is the best colour on Letizia, but here it looks good.
All in all it was a nice look. :flowers:

This whole outfit is just fantastic. Very appropriate, very stylish. I absolutely love the coat. Obviously it was really cold outside, yet she looked effortlessly warm and stylish with the scarf and coat. The outfit underneath I thought was very nice as well. This whole look was very well put-together. Even her bag and shoes, from what I could see of them. I agree with Her Majesty that maybe the light brown color wasn't the best on Letizia, yet I think it still works well because it is neutral and makes the whole outfit look refined and sophisticated.

At last a very nice outfit. I like the coat, the jacket and even her shoes. :flowers:

great winter outfit today on Letizia - especially as there was quite alot of snow outside so wearing the low heeled boots was a good option
I have always liked this jacket on Letizia - i think she first wore it back in late 2008

I can't go crazy about the whole outfit - mainly because I quite dislike the colour of the coat and jacket. I find it boring yet decent and appropriate for the occasion.

:)I really like the outfit that she is wearing today. It's very appropriate for the occasion IMO.

I am among those who like this outfit.
Simple and very suitable for a princess

She looks wonderful, very nice! This is the way to dress for a casual appearance, Letizia:)

I like this outfit - it looks stylish and suitable for the occasion. A great improvement on her last few outfits.

Not the greatest outfit and she looks very cold.

This coat is rather ugly IMO. I can't see anything special in her attire today. I don't know what happened to her lately - she needs to come around as soon as possible. She represents her country after all. I'm sorry, looks like a bad joke to me...

This coat is rather ugly IMO. I can't see anything special in her attire today. I don't know what happened to her lately - she needs to come around as soon as possible. She represents her country after all. I'm sorry, looks like a bad joke to me...

Did she need to wear something special to attend the congress of terrorism victims ? The black coat is appropriate for the occasion and quite nice IMO (people do have different tastes on clothes) except that she had worn it quite a few times.
If royal acts or representing a country is all about clothes, then Princess Anne should never be allowed to represent GB :lol:.

:confused: Come again? What's the problem? I thought this was a civilized discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom