Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2009 - February 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daylife
The grey dress is nice and suits Letizia very well.
Too bad for the ugly shoes!
she has a so pretty face, her make-up is perfect and I like a lot her hairdo
I agree she looks nice, ...younger and younger!
Letizia today
Pic
Letizia a few years ago
Pic

Today's outfit is a "confused" mix, IMO, though brown colour suits her well and the make up and her hair look great! The pants are hideous!
Daylife

I'll agree with almost all of you: today's outfit is lower than average. Just horrible!

The pants are not usual classic style, but trendy and comfortable (I have a couple of pairs). You have to be thin to wear those pants and Letizia wears them well. A matching suit jacket tailored for this style pants would have been much better instead of a suede jacket 3-4 years ago.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01KX0iLbA8bKk/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08Uk0QU5pneh6/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01kY9Z80cL38T/x610.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/24n1tg1.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/r889id.jpg

I quite like the brown jacket and the top, and the necklace is a beautiful detail, IMO.
But the grey pants look horrible, couldn´t they be at least of the proper lenght??:eek:
The shoes are just awful.

Oh my post 500!

The pants are not usual classic style, but trendy and comfortable (I have a couple of pairs). You have to be thin to wear those pants and Letizia wears them well. A matching suit jacket tailored for this style pants would have been much better instead of a suede jacket 3-4 years ago

I agree with you, however I don't think this look is good for

a) a crown princess on official duty
b) a woman Letizia's age.

I'd love to see this pants in let's say Charlotte of Monaco, they are fresh and young for a girl in her early twenties but Letizia is what... 37, 38, she can still dress in trendy clothes, but she has to know when to edit, and when something is not appropiate, lately we've seen very poor choices of clothing.

I thought the brown suede jacket was actually pretty cool, but 1 - it was too big on her, and 2 - it would have looked better with jeans maybe. The necklace was pretty. I HATE those pants. They totally remind me of something I wore in high school in the 80's, kind of like the old brand Z.Cavarrici's. ICK!! Although I only saw the back of the dress, the green sleeveless dress was very pretty, and I liked the matching slingback shoes, although I wish she would lose the platform look. It is beginning to look ridiculous. Letizia looks really pretty in bright colors, like that emerald green or the purple she wore recently. I would love to see her wearing more color, especially around her face. Save the neutrals for pants and outerwear.

i really dont like the style of the cropped trousers that Letizia wears today - they look kinda alright on the Mango model but the trousers at that length on someone Letizia's height look silly

i like the laceup boots - she has worn them a number of times before but they of course look better with full length trousers shoes

Think it would have look abit better with flat pumps

The jacket is quite loose but then again it is about 2/3 years old and first worn during pregnancy with Sofia

Top under jacket and necklace look quite nice

Quathae is right: it's getting ridiculous and clownish :nonono: Letizia seems able to wear the most elegant and fashionable outfit and the next day the most awful. Isn't she advised by an expert? :cool:

If she is, she should be let go immediately as an advisor, IMO!

To NoorMeansLight - Forgive my ignorance, especially if this is slightly off topic, but don't members of Royal families have "stylists" or people who give them guidance or ideas of not only how to look great but also appropriate? When I look at someone, like Letizia or Mary or Rania, who consistently look fabulous, I automatically think they have style help. ( I sure couldn't come up with these fashions and ensembles on my own, and I would LOVE to have access to a royal stylist/fashion advisor, but I digress.....)So, assuming that they do have someone helping them, when Letizia steps out in questionable pants or shoes or messy hair, did that person have the day off, or do they think they actually look really good?

To Duke, these shoes are HORRIBLE!! They just need to be a little bigger and maybe red or orange and they will really look like clown shoes. Ugh....I am shaking my head....Please Letizia - wear prettier shoes!

To NoorMeansLight - Forgive my ignorance, especially if this is slightly off topic, but don't members of Royal families have "stylists" or people who give them guidance or ideas of not only how to look great but also appropriate? When I look at someone, like Letizia or Mary or Rania, who consistently look fabulous, I automatically think they have style help. ( I sure couldn't come up with these fashions and ensembles on my own, and I would LOVE to have access to a royal stylist/fashion advisor, but I digress.....)So, assuming that they do have someone helping them, when Letizia steps out in questionable pants or shoes or messy hair, did that person have the day off, or do they think they actually look really good?
It is not known that the SRF employ a person who gives advice in styling but it will in fact be the "designers" like Varela or a person in charge at Inditex (=Zara, Massimo Dutti) or Mango or Magrit shoes who will assist when Letizia does her orders from the latest collection. As usual the problem is that these brands are not appropriate for Letizias role or age and clothes do look different on models who are styled for the moment on catwalk or catalogue. In addition, people will hardly tell Letizia off like, sorry your are too old to wear short skirts or it is not appropriate for a princess to wear overkill platforms, because it is priceless advertising for their company. No matter how unappropriate or bad Letizias clothes are, the media will continue to praise her as the ultimate Spanish fashion ambassador because she is in fact the ultimate cash cow for the media and, as a consequence, the fashion industry in terms of their name being mentioned.

:previous: A picture equals a thousand words, is this what they say? :D

Quathae, I don't get it either. There are RFs that not only have personal stylists, but personal designers as well.;) Besides, there is this Felipe Varela that seems to work exclusively with the SRF. Even if Letizia isn't able to meet with the designing team every day, don't you think they would hire someone else, a stylist probably, to take care of her? Their best and most important client? :confused: Not to mention that being in a position like hers, she can't go shopping every other day and pick whatever she likes, right?

Duke, we were posting at the same time: Great minds think alike! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you both Noor and Duke for your insights. Of course you are right, but I would think that even designers would want to try and "custom" fit their clothes/shoes to royal ladies so that, since they get this amazing free advertising when a royal wears their creation, it is going to look absolutely perfect. It seems rather lazy on the designer's part, that with such a high profile client like Letizia, she could pick out her clothes and shoes from them, but that they would maybe "tweak" the items to customize and fit her perfectly, even if it meant changing the original style ever so slightly. (for example, I think one famous designer had a mannequin of Jackie Kennedy and it was made to her exact measurements, so that their designs would always fit and look perfect on her). I would also think ( and maybe this is just me) that the people who love Letizia, and I mean truly love her and only care about her well-being, whether they are ladies in waiting or stylists or friends, could politely and respectfully and delicately say that this or that is not the most flattering and maybe change something. I would rather someone tell me I look terrible in this dress or those pants make me look fat or something like that rather than going out into public thinking I look good, but end up making a fool of myself. (Obviously I am not a royal, and I am not implying that Letizia is making a fool of herself at all). But when something obviously looks wrong, someone should step up and say something b/c they care about Letizia so she can look her best and also she is reflecting Spain, so it is in everyone's interest that she look not only good but appropriate. And I think there are nice ways of doing it without hurting one's feelings or shooting yourself in your foot from a business perspective, as in Spanish designers.

You're welcome!:flowers: Still don't get it though...:cool:) Let's see what future brings...

Daylife
The grey dress is nice and suits Letizia very well.
Too bad for the ugly shoes!

I agree she looks nice, ...younger and younger!
Letizia today
Pic
Letizia a few years ago
Pic

Today's outfit is a "confused" mix, IMO, though brown colour suits her well and the make up and her hair look great! The pants are hideous!
Daylife

I miss the look Letizia had a few years ago. Thanks for posting that!

To Duke, these shoes are HORRIBLE!! They just need to be a little bigger and maybe red or orange and they will really look like clown shoes. Ugh....I am shaking my head....Please Letizia - wear prettier shoes!

I wish she'd wear prettier everything!

Last edited by a moderator:
Duke was right, I never heard any SRF woman has a stylist, they all buy clothes directly from the designers or clothing companies. Most of her clothes were from the ready to wears, only gala gowns or the clothes for a big event, ex. the PoA awards ceremony were custom made.
I think Inditex and Mango likely prefer her wearing more youngful clothes since that's their target crowds mainly.

:previous:That's interesting that none of the SRF ladies have stylists. Yet, I see Sofia, Elena and Cristina turn out impeccably dressed at official and state functions, in some major designers. Whilst, Letizia wears retail and the "masterful" creations of Varela. Personally, I think the SRF should make an exception in the case of Letizia, get her the best stylist money can buy, if not the clothes. Then the stylist can put together the Zara/Mango etc. creations in a more pleasing and appropriate manner befitting a princess. Their first order of business should be to burn the Margrits, stab them and burn them again;))

Magrit just launched the online shopping last year, those shoes from Magrit were most likely the gifts. Letizia probably is the best advertisement for them since media and public have enormous interests at her shoes.
Elena (now without Jaime) and Cristina are both in their mid 40s, dress in a more conservative way with hits and misses, very boring in general. Cristina usually dressed like my officemates, in black or grey. Elena used to wear famous French/Italian brands when she was with Jaime, now she is back to square one. Sofia has good and expensive tastes in clothes (her daughters don't inherit her taste, they are more Borbon IMO), is the one with more budget in clothes since she is the Queen, most of her clothes from Margarita Nuez were specially made for her, she also bought clothes from Valentino and Oscar de la Renta.
I think the more urgent thing for Letizia is to cut her hair a few inches, and have updos for the galas as the first 2 years. Clothes wise, being modest is a good thing for now considering the current economic crisis with 4.5 million unemployed in Spain.

Sorry Letizia, this outfit is just wrong. The pants were supposed to look stylish I guess - unfortunately they're a miss. Like the shoes though.

Duke was right, I never heard any SRF woman has a stylist, they all buy clothes directly from the designers or clothing companies. Most of her clothes were from the ready to wears, only gala gowns or the clothes for a big event, ex. the PoA awards ceremony were custom made.
I think Inditex and Mango likely prefer her wearing more youngful clothes since that's their target crowds mainly.

Exactly, and this is the problem. I don't think any royal needs a stylist who will sort out the wardrobe etc on a daily basis, it's a job that can be done by the respective designer by chosing the clothes for the season and the royal herself, using some common sense with respect to her royal position.

I am sure Queen Sofia (etc etc) has a longstanding relationship with her designers, Spanish or not, high end or not, especially with icons like Valentino etc it's like a business card, if they "misdress" a high profile personality in a bad way society will at least comment. Unfortunately Letizia's choices in terms of "designers" are very average, as donnaK said, Zara, Mango etc are targeting a totally different customer than Letizia, girls in their early twenties dressing fun without the money for good quality, and Varela is not much different. He's just a hanger-on, trying to raise his profile with his - in the big picture - mediocre designs. As long as Letizia doesnt get her choice of designer right - her MIL is a good example who dresses very well, even for her age -, accommodating the fact that she is not only representing a country but also one of the most conservative Royal Houses, she will continue to look out of place, what in fact she might be, but only time will tell.

Donna, Magrit is an old and important company. It has not been discovered by the Princess Letizia.

Comfortable woman shoes- Quality woman shoes in Alicante - Woman shoes in Alicante

Their shoes go being worn by the Royal Family for many years, also the Queen Elisabeth or Camilla (on her wedding with Prince Charles) have worn their shoes. They have made the shoes of Donna Karan, Carolina Herrera or Yves Saint Laurent.

Duke, in Spain, Zara, Massimo Dutti and Mango are not only brands for girls of 20 ... women of 30, 40 and 50 buy in them.

I do not like these trousers in her, they are wide and short, but it does not produce a trauma to me. If someone wants to experiment with fashion, better to do it with a trousers of 35 Euros, if the result is bad it does not matter,you don´t wear them again . I remember the Infanta Cristina with her " baggy pants " surely of Armani and the image was not better.

Certainly, the Queen has some Valentino's floral dresses, which better were out of her wardrobe. And let's not speak about the Royals and Natan...

I haven't mentioned Magrit in line with Mango, Zara etc as their shoes are good quality, the question is only whether the platform style is suitable for a royal, assuming a representative of Magrit would advise Princess Letizia rather with their own business interests in mind, making the most of platforms being in fashion and the media asking for a "fashion icon" to sell their magazines, even better when the own brand is mentioned ("Letizios").

I am waiting for the day to see QEII and Camilla in Magrit platforms ... :lol:;)

I don't mind the pieces that she wears and have come to terms with the platforms. (hopefully when they go out of fashion again they will go to the back of her closet) But surely when she buys clothing there should be a seamstress or someone who can adjust the clothing to fit properly. The main problem IMO with the pants is that they are too long (on her) as the intended style seems to be a capri style pair of trousers and Letizia is short so they just look wrong on her.

Princesses of style If you look on this blog (page down past Mary's article) the actual model wearing these trousers has a completely different look and it just doesn't work for Letizia IMO (and I do like Letizia just not this outfit)

The last grey dresse worn by Letizia was very pretty,one of the best she owns.
The black coat is also lovely.
But her last outfit is awful.The top part could be nice if the jacket was less large.
The pant is ridiculous on her.It's lovely on the model but it's a fashion disaster on Letizia.
This pant is intended to be worn by taller ladies or it has to be tailored according to her height.The shoes aren't suitable with such short pants.
The lower part is simply clownish:eek::eek:

I like a lot her last outfit
it would be ridiculous Worn by a lady with less nice figure, an average shape of body
but on letizia it's new, fresh, stylish, seems confortable and very fashion for sure !
Go Ahead Princesa !!! you are the most of the time in fashion advance !!! :D

I remember the Infanta Cristina with her " baggy pants " surely of Armani and the image was not better.

Certainly, the Queen has some Valentino's floral dresses, which better were out of her wardrobe. And let's not speak about the Royals and Natan...

:p of course you are right, there are hits and misses everywhere, high end or not, nobody can ask for perfection day in and day out. at the end of the day it comes down to suitabilily and role... Letizia's clothes and shoes are poor quality, not properly fitted, too progressive or too casual on a regular basis - in relation to what she is supposed to represent, the most conservative Royal House in Europe. It's not about what the private person Letizia is wearing but what the Princess of Asturias looks like when representing the SRF and her country.

The pants are simply horrible - especially in side views. :eek:
There's nothing elegant or stylish about this outfit. The length, the cut... it looks just ridiculous on her. :nonono:
The shoes are nice, but cannot save the outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom