Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2009 - February 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, my! It's a wonder the queen has not had a word with Letizia about some of her recent outfits. For the most part, her choice of clothing has really deteriorated. She looks less and less like a princess. I suppose I can console myself with her flawless makeup...it's always just perfect. Does anyone know if she has a stylist?

Seeing Letizia wearing ballerinas makes me quite jealous (I'd love to change my snow boots against ballerinas already :lol:).
She looks lovely with flat shoes.
I like the scarf and the colour of the top.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gaV20MdMkbsI/x610.jpg

I agree with DoM that she looks like a student... the whole look is very casual.
I dislike the scarf ,so casual,and the whole outfit is too casual imo:eek:
I do not think ballerinas suit her at all....:whistling:

Oh, my! It's a wonder the queen has not had a word with Letizia about some of her recent outfits. For the most part, her choice of clothing has really deteriorated. She looks less and less like a princess. I suppose I can console myself with her flawless makeup...it's always just perfect. Does anyone know if she has a stylist?
I agree with you,she does not look a princess sometimes ,but a "common" woman,imo.I miss sophistication in her:whistling:I prefer the first year of her as a princess,with a more classic style and more sophisticated,than now so modern and casual,imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I so agree with both of you. She is lacking the sophistication and elegance she once had in abundance. It just seems she doesn't really care that much, with the exception of her make-up, which is almost always flawless. She even seems to neglect her hair style... just lets it hang no matter how formal the occasion.

I actually liked her casual outfit - it looked good on her. I loved the color of the sweater and I thought the scarf was pretty and colorful. I really liked her flat shoes. I thought her trench coat was too big on her. She is a lovely woman, but I didn't realize how tiny she is. She is so petite and thin!

I wonder if the Princess was extra casual visiting her high school because she was going to be with teenagers and preteens and was attempting to put them at ease plus making herself appear more accessible than if she was perhaps more formally dressed? I don't know, just a wild guess. At least she didn't wear platform heels.

Today Letizia is profiled in an American article

Girl Crush of the Day: H.R.H. Princess Letizia of Asturias

She has such incredible style. I like when she dresses simply.

It was really nice to read what those important people have to say about Letizia's style, so thanks for sharing!!:flowers: I don't know if she has stopped looking as elegant as she once used to. The only thing that bothers me lately is her footwear. She really needs to do something about this IMO.:cool:

:wave:I love this look for Letizia. It so classic and the colour really suits her.

Wow, she seems to love this dress, doesn´t she? ;)
Anyway, I´m glad to see it again, it´s also one of my favourites, although the whole look is "too grey" for me. I think she really needs to do something with her hair, it looks so unhealthy lately.

Letizia looks gorgeous today! Lovely dress and coat. The shoes are not my cup of tea... as usual.

The shoes aren't my favorite, but they are better than most that she wears. She looks very nice except for her hair. She needs a cut and new style.

I totally agree with you, Emmily... Nicely said.

Yes, may be time for a new hair style. The shoes continue to swamp her petite frame - finer heels would maybe help.

I like her hair today. She usually looks good with loose curls at the end. She definitely loves this dress which is very apppropriate today since they held one minute silence for the soldier killer in Afghanistan.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06ae1jH44L102/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0g2c3PD91ugzs/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bThfCYetz7XR/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0g9seM60CK8kC/x610.jpg

she has a so pretty face, her make-up is perfect and I like a lot her hairdo

Doesn't she have a full lenght miror at home?. This outfit is so unflattering, the jacket looks like a size too large, the pants are terrible, I don't know what they intended to do with that hight waist and the short length of the legs, but they look like she pulled them up so she can jump around in puddles. A woman that thin, should know better than wear baggy clothes, it only accentuates her thinnes in a bad way. Her hair looks a bit out of place. This time her shoes didn't bother me so much

The grey dress is one of the most suitable dresses Letizia owns ... repeating it is a good idea. Still a colourful accessory would make it less boring.

Today's outfit is back to the cheap'n'ugly unflattering casual stuff ... worst part are the trousers. Nothing really fits ... the hair looks really nasty and needs a change of style.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Duke, on both outfits. Your comments on todays outfit really hit it spot on, imho.

The latest appearance by Letizia combines every aspect that tends to be wrong with her current 'style':
Dull colors, cheap fabrics, bad tailoring and thus bad fit, ugly shoes (of course), and overall a choice of outfit which is far too casual for the occasion.
Even the hair looked 'ghastly' indeed, after the waves that were put in had not lasted the whole of this engagement; IMO she urgently needs a cut and a different dye job than those unappealing blond-ish streaks.
Appearances like this can almost make you give up on her completely.

It does appear that she is making no effort at all to look her best. One has to wonder what she is thinking when she goes out looking this bad...

Got dressed in the dark? no mirror? I dont know but those pants are quite ill-fitting matched with a jacket which is at least 2 sizes bigger and pretty long for the pants style.
I understand the style she was going for but it didnt work.
Shoes had to be simple heels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom