Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2009 - February 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this outfit. Although it would be better, if the jacket wouldn´t be so shiny, but the skirt is great, it´s quite original. And the colour is beautiful. Her hair looks nice.
Zimbio
Daylife

Bad outfin - too shiny, bad shoes, too much on the top part.
And the scirt - why does she wear curtain? :bang:

I actually like this outfit, very different. The skirt is amazing. I do think that the top needs a little something, like a necklace or some great earrings. Overall, fun, youthful and appropriate and very cutting edge. Her hair does look better today.

OMG :eek:. Dont like the outfit. The jacket ist nice, but dont match with this skirt. It would be better looking with a pencil skirt. And the shoes :eek:.

Thanks for the photos!
Most of Crown Princess Letizia's recent ensembles are not my cup of tea: unpolished and awkward. At the same time, I have to say that her complexion is absolutely flawless. Although her hair is in need of trimming and/or proper styling, it looked gorgeous

I think the skirt is lovely and something really different - i do like the contrast with the dark top but would have preferred it to a differnt material and more formal. The jacket as everyone has already said is too shinny but overall the colour is lovely on Letizia

The whole outfit is too much for me but I like the jacket and the top looks lovely! not fond of the skirt.

Is that a new outfit from Felipe Varela??

Why did she wear these shoes with such an outfit?:eek:
All pieces are lovely - the skirt is interesting; as well as the top.
But something's weird about this outfit. I don't like it. ... I think it's the combination of the elegant skirt and the top, which is way too casual.
The jacket is quite out of place.
The hairdo is nice, but it starts to get boring to see the same hairdo at nearly all events. At least it's elegant.

Last edited:
I like the skirt, it's soft and feminine and Letizia can really pull of those looks. But, I just wish this was a dress instead of a skirt. She could have worn a sleeveless/strapless dress with a bolero jacket. IMO, that would be a more put together look. Also, enough with the soft curls, solemn occasions require a more formal hairstyle such as an updo. Not only does it look formal but also classier.

Btw, I like the shiny jacket, it might have looked better if it were a bolero style though. But, I absolutely hate the blouse. Thankfully, the shoes can't be seen in too many pictures, at least the ones I have seen.

http://www.daylife.com/search?q=For...on+The+Royal+Palace+on+January+14+2010+Madrid

The whole outfit is too much for me but I like the jacket and the top looks lovely! not fond of the skirt.

Is that a new outfit from Felipe Varela??

It must be, a typical Varela cutting. She had at least 10 similar cut jackets from Varela the first 3 years (before Sofia was born). Varela always has this strange 'talent' of pairing a beautiful skirt with an office jacket, for example, her green outfit at the wedding of Hamzah and Noor, her pink outfit at the wedding of Felipe's cousin, as if he didn't know how to design a stylish jacket.

I like the skirt, it's soft and feminine and Letizia can really pull of those looks. But, I just wish this was a dress instead of a skirt.

Completely agree. If it were a dress, she could wear it in the future galas since she doesn't have many gala gowns to recycle.

This skirt with a simple white shirt - remember Rania's style at Letizia's wedding?- would have looked so much better. Not just better. IMO it would have been a very elegant appearance.

The skirt is adorable. Even the top works with it, although I'm not a big fan of it, but the jacket except for the color it doesn't match. Perhaps it was for her not to look so small, but is hideous

The skirt is very pretty. Love the color. But the blazer doesn't go at all with it. Looks very mismatched.

I really like the outfit - on anyone bigger the skirt would look awful but because she is so thin she can get away with all the detailing.

I have to agree though - she really needs to do something with her hair.

I love the skirt
I do dislike the top, shoes and hair.

The outfit looks very Varela. The colour is nice and I like the jacket, don't mind it being shiny, but it's business style, not gala. It acutally reminds me of these nice suits Letizia wore in her early days as Princess and would look great with a black pencil skirt or wide black pants.

I hate the skirt, it really reminds me of some old fashioned table cloth, the applications look very weird. To make it work as a gala look, Varela should have opted for a dress or at least chose a different jacket, other posters suggested bolero-style, and a different top, T shirt style looks too casual.

I am getting so tired of the hairstyle, Letiza has great hair at a length were ANYTHING could be done with it in terms of variation, but no, same old, same old middle parting that is quite unflattering.

All in all keeping in mind the occasion and the dress code, the look was very disappointing. The ugly and cheap looking Mango shoes only added up to this impression.

closeup
jacket

lovely, Sylish, Fashion, Glamour ....Very Letizia I just love the Whole

It's a very special skirt, how would I have liked it to see it with a proper top and a lovely pair of discreet shoes in black maybe... I think the combination of the parts of this outfit is all wrong, although I like them separately. The jacket is very nice, but it doesn't match with the skirt nor is it appropriate for this occasion.

I have had enough of these Varela creations teaming 'business' jackets with feminine free flowing skirts. I wish Letizia would wear more Lorenzo Caprille. I really liked the dresses he designed for Letizia-especially the one she wore to the Danish Royal Pre-Wedding, Wedding and the one she wore to Beltran Gomez Acebo's wedding.

Also, I think she would love amazing in Elie Saab creations. Soft, feminine, sensual and simple dresses that would really suit her thin frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom