The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Actually, the Varela/Chanel suit has been worn many many times, but I agree with DoM that it is appropriate for the event!
I also liked her choice of the white suit for the visit to the Mosquee.
Hola
I didn't like at all her outfit at the reception for the Spanish Community.
PIC
I find it nice (except the shoes!), but toooooooo casual and inappropriate for the event.

I don't like her hair anymore!
IMO, she needs either a cut or a different hairdo!
daylife

Old 01-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The whole trip has been a Varela revival tour.

Today in Abu Dhabi, summit & lunch:

Varela inspired by Chanel, it's appropriate but worn a million times:
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/17895103.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0elL7VH0C48LE/610x.jpg.
it's appropriate, this is the most important.....
She is very elegant here despite of she Wore this jacket so many times Abudahbi people, precisely at this event don't care about her recycled clothes...

Quote:
The outfits during the trip were recycled but decent incl nice shoes when being with the UAE hosts. As soon as it's back to Spanish environment, at the reception, it's back to cheap plateau shoes and Leonor's cardigan.
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/econom...s-01$599x0.jpg .
the reception with the people in the country abroad is always a caual event ...doesn't need to wear a cocktail dress...i find her simple, elegant,
you can dislike her cardigan of course ...i find it nice on her because she has an amazing body

Quote:
Holding hands when attending a business meeting how very professional.
not unprofessional at least ....they are always like that
they are in an other country, they are together , working together at an event together ...happy to be together and showing it
I guess that when the meeting begin, they probably stop handling hands
they are not kissing in public, so nothing choking really

Old 01-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikram View Post
the reception with the people in the country abroad is always a caual event ...doesn't need to wear a cocktail dress...i find her simple, elegant,
you can dislike her cardigan of course ...i find it nice on her because she has an amazing body
Ikram, I respect your opinions, but are you sure it was a casual event?
Felipe was wearing a dark suit, not a pair of jeans! The lady behind them was wearing a black dress!
Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

As long as Felipe is wearing a suit and a tie, I cannot consider an event "casual". If it was, he would appear in "smart casual" attire, leaving at least the tie behind, wearing a shirt and jacket.

The reception was clearly "business", not casual, what is reflected in Felipe's outfit (and not in Letizia's outfit).
Old 01-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Ikram, I respect your opinions, but are you sure it was a casual event?
Felipe was wearing a dark suit, not a pair of jeans! The lady behind them was wearing a black dress!
I don't know about this exactly
but in general when state chief, minister or Princes go to reception of the " compatriot residant" in the country visited, is traditionnaly a "friendly" event you know ? not a formal or Official event ...then people invitees wear what they want, this is for people an exceptionnal event seeing Princes so they choose her best gowns but it stay a "casual" detended event
but is no as casual to permit Felipe coming in jean/shirt without ties
Old 01-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
As long as Felipe is wearing a suit and a tie, I cannot consider an event "casual". If it was, he would appear in "smart casual" attire, leaving at least the tie behind, wearing a shirt and jacket.

The reception was clearly "business", not casual, what is reflected in Felipe's outfit (and not in Letizia's outfit).
ok as you want she is not wearing cocktail dress or evening dress with tiara please forgive her despite of her casual cardigan and pant she puts make up by the way , is it ok for her
Old 01-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Yesterday´s other outfit:
Profimedia
Profimedia
The cardigan gives colour to this outfit. Quite casual, but I like it.
Today, recycling the Chanel-style jacket and pants:
Daylife
Daylife
The Chanel style outfit is very classy and beautiful.
I don't mind the purple cardigan outfit, but the holding hands for a business meeting is a bit silly.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

http://noticias.terra.es/2010/econom...r-00$599x0.jpg today back in Madrid for an engagement

Old 01-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

What's up with the short cardigans? Is this a new trend?
Old 01-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

This outfit is very good. I like these small cardigans Letizia wears, the dress is beautiful.
Daylife
Old 01-20-2010, 01:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the outfit too. I think it'd look funny if she chose to wear a normal legnth cardigan. I think Letizia looks smart in this outfit. Very chic and stylish.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
This outfit is very good. I like these small cardigans Letizia wears, the dress is beautiful.
Daylife
I totally agree with everyone, Letizia's dress is modern, elegant, tight-fitting and beautiful.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Troonopvolgers!: Bezoek aan Abu Dhabi.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:28 AM
Serene Highness

One more Felipe Varela dress I guess!

I like this dress! the details on it make me remember one of Mary's Prada dress!
I still like the cardigan but don't like the shoes!

Letizia was beautiful and elegant yesterday!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
Thank you turkish delight for the link.
I liked the outfit of the arrival.I even liked the shoes.
The white suit is pretty but I dislike platform shoes.
The outfit worn by Letizia at the reception for the spanish community is awful.I dislike everything in it.It's too casual.
The chanel like suit is ok but I am tired to see it.
I don't like Letizia's way of recycling,she always recycle complete outfit.
I find her grey dress very very pretty.The cardigan is ok but I don't like the shoes.
Some members were critics about she and Felipe holding hands everywhere,I join them on this point.It's ok when it's from to time but not on every occasion even when visiting a mosque(i think)
http://www.diariodenavarra.es/actual...290676_640.jpg
It gives her the image of a fragile woman needing her lover's hand.
I also dislike when french president Sarkosy and his wife Carla Bruni do this on official visits .I find this so childish
Old 01-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Daylife
I think the dress and the short cardigan are both beautiful and fit her well. A nice overall look, to put it simply.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is nice and suits Letizia very well but it would look by far better without the cardigan. I guess she was wearing a coat (it is cold n this period in Madrid), so the cardigan was unnecessary.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The dress is very pretty and elegent, I like all the embroidery on the dress which makes it quite elegent & dressy but the cardigan didnt work well with the look IMO. It seemed to casual in a way or too light of a grey shade for the dark dress. I would have prefered a nice short jacket with the same detailing on the sleeves.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Daylife
very beautiful dress and the small cardigan is a nice piece

Quote:
Letizia looks radiant. This white suit is gorgeous, and I like the colour of the blouse also.
Diario de Navarra
the suit has a perfect cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Ambassador's Reception 14th Jan 2010 - a NEW blue dress
closeup
jacket

the skirt and the jacket are beautiful, and match very well together, the skirt is sofisticated and the jacket very simple what make the whole very elegant, but for me the top don't match at all with them. By way her hairs are superbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/econom...s-01$599x0.jpg reception for the Spanish community living in UAE
pants and blouse are beatiful, not sure about cardigan, in more for me this kind of cardigan are better with dress or skirts than with pants

Quote:
Yesterday´s other outfit:
Profimedia
Profimedia
The cardigan gives colour to this outfit. Quite casual, but I like it.
Today, recycling the Chanel-style jacket and pants:
Daylife
Daylife
she is perfect with chanel style
Old 01-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubna2 View Post
pants and blouse are beatiful, not sure about cardigan, in more for me this kind of cardigan are better with dress or skirts than with pants

Remember she is in Abu dhabi, not in Monaco...

I think they will defeat with Letizia´s mini dresses...LOL

I think the outfit in the Mosque was classic an elegant...

Doña Letizia, princesa «de Oriente» - Gente - Gente - ABC.es

Closed Thread