Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2009 - February 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[...]
While the top part looks nice people cant help staring at the bottom part ...
top part
When I saw the top part I thought: What a nice new outfit on Letizia. Great colour and cut.
Duke of Marmelade said:
I can only agree... oh my god, the shoes don't match this kind of suit at all. This match looks pretty ridiculous.
It's too bad... the suit itself is youthful and pretty nice (although it's another very short skirt on Letizia).
The match with those tights and shoes is horrible, imo.

Btw, the booties seem to be by the same designer as these shoes:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2009/PPE09102307.jpg
They have the same shape, heel and platform.

Last edited:
I can only agree... oh my god, the shoes don't match this kind of suit at all. This match looks pretty ridiculous.
It's too bad... the suit itself is youthful and pretty nice (although it's another very short skirt on Letizia).
The match with those tights and shoes is horrible, imo.
And I totally agree with you, Her Majesty. The suit would be nicer if the skirt was a little longer; the low boots definitely don´t match the outfit, they could look fine with pants.
But those tights...:eek::ohmy::bang:
They look not only ugly, but even old :ermm:

I don´t like the short skirt, she is not a model.

I agree with you too. The shoes are really ugly and detract from her outfit. I think the tights are inappropriate too. Maybe black or grey nylons would have looked better? I do love the color of the suit. It is really pretty on CP Letizia.

I really hate the shoes! Maybe they're good but not suit for the outfit!

The worst thing about the outfit is the boots and the thick tights - but one the plus side i like the colour of the suit and i do like the skirt maybe a fraction longer would be better

Me thinks that this is a new low for CP Letizia. This is definitely not how a CP should dress...

In general, Princess Letizia looks nice, but her boots aren't a good choice.

The jacket looks quite nice and the top doesnt look bad at all.

Whats going on waist down?
Skirt - Way too short for a royal
Tights - to0 dark
Shoes - Not a nice choice

Overall - This is not a princess look especially the short skirt.

Last edited:
I agree with most of you. This isn't my idea of how a CP should look either. Only the jacket looks a bit nicer than the rest of the outfit. What was she thinking?

The color of the suit is nice and I really liked the jacket but 1) the skirt is too short for an official event 2) the tights are hideous (MM has better tights than this, which is saying something) 3) the Margit boots are totally inappropriate and 4) the cross body bag, which is meant to be worn casually.

I have seen celebs and "fashionistas" wear these boots to shopping, parties or casual meetups. Even they know better not to wear short skirts and boots to business meetings (such as with the production house or their managers). Here we are talking about a princess who is representing the royal house, which in turn represent the Spanish people and she turns out dressed like this. Appalling!

I would have to agree with the majority. The color is great on her and the suit is actually nice, but the skirt is about 3 inches too short, the tights looks like the girls played dress up in them and the shoes are just awful.

I really like Letizia's white jacket with black trim, the blouse, black pants and her shoes, from what I can see of them. Even her handbag is really nice. Overall this outfit is so much more professional and elegant and befitting of her than that purple suit and awful boots and tights. This new look is really great.

Its not difficult to read people's minds in these captions, looking embarrassed and thinking "what the hell is she wearing".
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/0122/fotos-media/espana-universidad-cooperacion-universidad-cooperacion-05$599x0.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09vg6p893R7Ob/x610.jpg
There is something seriously wrong when there is such a strong focus on the outfit, Letizia is either blind or desperate for attention. With the least substantial role of all CPs "fashion" remains one of the few tools to distract her from her boredom.
The overall look is actually quite fashionable and would look good on girls in their late teens - early twenties with proper tights and better quality ankle boots in a suitable colour - no idea where Letizia got the tights from, leftover from Queen Frederika's inheritance?

OMG, you are so right Duke of Marmalade! I looked at the picture again and several of the ladies had this goofy look on their faces and they were looking down, probably at her feet. How sad/embarrassing for Letizia.

First media, now public are interested at the shoes she wears. I don't like mini skirt and tights. She wouldn't need to wear tights if the skirts were keen length, then the whole outfit would have been just fine. Regarding wearing ankle boots and platforms to the official acts, it's very popular now, even older politicians did the same, maybe following the example of Letizia :). I don't think working together with the Prince, participating at the important business meetings means less substantial roles than mostly housewives' charities.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/95...F4643807546F819C7C4AFDE4B54932CA8A8840D75E9F3
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/95...F2CBE88D646B619C7C4AFDE4B54937B00DE74276DF952

Its not difficult to read people's minds in these captions, looking embarrassed and thinking "what the hell is she wearing".
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/0122/fotos-media/espana-universidad-cooperacion-universidad-cooperacion-05$599x0.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09vg6p893R7Ob/x610.jpg
There is something seriously wrong when there is such a strong focus on the outfit, Letizia is either blind or desperate for attention. With the least substantial role of all CPs "fashion" remains one of the few tools to distract her from her boredom.
The overall look is actually quite fashionable and would look good on girls in their late teens - early twenties with proper tights and better quality ankle boots in a suitable colour - no idea where Letizia got the tights from, leftover from Queen Frederika's inheritance?

You're so right about what appears to be a bid for attention. I don't even remember where she was or what she was doing. Is that what she wants her role to be? To distract or take away from the people or organization she is visiting? If so, mission accomplished. She looks ridiculous.

I would have to agree with the majority. The color is great on her and the suit is actually nice, but the skirt is about 3 inches too short, the tights looks like the girls played dress up in them and the shoes are just awful.

Couldn't agree with it more. Letizia is my fav princess but she seems to loose it often nowadays wrt her dress code. It is an outfit suitable for a teenager. The skirt should have been longer and the boot should have gone. What was she thinking :bang:

You're so right about what appears to be a bid for attention. I don't even remember where she was or what she was doing. Is that what she wants her role to be? To distract or take away from the people or organization she is visiting? If so, mission accomplished. She looks ridiculous.

The serious press is interested at what she does, the tabloids is interested at what she wears, it won't change no matter what clothes/shoes she wears. She probably just wears the clothes/shoes she wants to wear, the same as someone else wearing a 30K Valentino couture (I don't believe anyone who spends 30k on a Valentino couture is not for a bid for attention LOL).

Doña Letizia apoya voluntariado de UAM, que participa en reconstrucción Haití - ABC.es - Noticias Agencias

:previous:I agree with what you just said about the "serious" press and the tabloids and Valentino Couture. (Btw, which royal wore a 30,000 Euros/$ Valentino Couture?). But, tabloids also cater to the masses, are read by the people and sometimes (shamefully!) might be the only source of knowledge a person has. So to people who don't read "serious" newspapers, this IMO un-princess outfit and boots can definitely overshadow the cause.

Btw, I don't want to get into psychoanalysis but I don't think this outfit is either a cry for help/desperation or boredom. I agree that she just wanted to wear outfit/shoes and thought them fashionable. I am just not on the same boat as her on fashion and what a princess should wear to official duties.

:previous:I agree with what you just said about the "serious" press and the tabloids and Valentino Couture. (Btw, which royal wore a 30,000 Euros/$ Valentino Couture?). But, tabloids also cater to the masses, are read by the people and sometimes (shamefully!) might be the only source of knowledge a person has. So to people who don't read "serious" newspapers, this IMO un-princess outfit and boots can definitely overshadow the cause.

Btw, I don't want to get into psychoanalysis but I don't think this outfit is either a cry for help/desperation or boredom. I agree that she just wanted to wear outfit/shoes and thought them fashionable. I am just not on the same boat as her on fashion and what a princess should wear to official duties.

If the tabloids had been saying 'modern, trendy', I doubt it had overshadowed the cause, perhaps the same effect as 'elegant, glamorous' IMO.
Otherwise I agree with what you said. The enormous interests from the tabloids might not be the bad thing IMO, since tabloids are the main source for many people at where the royals are , what they are doing.
I meant Sofia's yellowish floral gown from Valentino.
I don't like mini skirts, wish she stops wearing mini skirts, but I don't mind seeing her wearing more forward clothes when she is alone doing acts. But when she is with Felipe, she should wear more formal and conservative clothes since her hubby always looks formal and conservative clothes wise. She usually looked formal and subtle when she was with her in-laws (the King and Queen), that's always a plus.

The top part of the outfit is rather cute, the jacket and the shirt.

But that skirt... it doesnt even look like a mini skirt it looks like she grabbed a regular skirt and wore it waaaaay too high. I dont understand why the waist line begins in her ribs. The tighs look cheap, and I dont think a princess should be appearing wearing something cheap and finally the shoes would be cool with a nice pair of jeans, not to an event.

She can wear whatever she wants, either for attention or because she felt like it. But I would have expected that the royal court behind would tell her "Hey Leti, that hem line goes lower, and those shoes ah, ah".

What is UNACCEPTABLE! UNACCEPTABLE is the purse across her chest like a seat belt. That is like rule number one on what not to wear!.... Hang on! can we nominate her to that show??? ( that last part was obvioulsy a joke ).

It's a pitty what could have been a lovely outfit she messed it up seriously

Well, the suit would have looked okay. The skirt is too short, but there's always something. But then: these thick tights and shoes! :ohmy: What is wrong with her?
She's beautiful and young. I really hope, she will reconsider her style soon. She could look SO much better. :flowers:

I feel this is one of Letizia's worst looks yet after her red outfit. I can live with the suit if a longer skirt, but not the shoes. Those things have to go. I don't know what's going on, but the past few months Letizia has made several horrible fashion choices. She had been so stylish up until the past year or so. :ermm: Her suit also doesn't look pressed or something it looks like a thrown together at the last minute outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom