The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

I like this outfit. Although it would be better, if the jacket wouldn´t be so shiny, but the skirt is great, it´s quite original. And the colour is beautiful. Her hair looks nice.
Zimbio
Daylife

Old 01-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Bad outfin - too shiny, bad shoes, too much on the top part.
And the scirt - why does she wear curtain?

Old 01-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Ambassador's Reception 14th Jan 2010 - a NEW blue dress
closeup
jacket
I love the skirt, it´s gorgeous and the colour is really nice. I don´t like the top part, though. It would be nice as a suit, but not as gala outfit. And her hair looks too casual, IMO. Not her best outfit, indeed.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

I actually like this outfit, very different. The skirt is amazing. I do think that the top needs a little something, like a necklace or some great earrings. Overall, fun, youthful and appropriate and very cutting edge. Her hair does look better today.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Royal Highness

OMG . Dont like the outfit. The jacket ist nice, but dont match with this skirt. It would be better looking with a pencil skirt. And the shoes .
Old 01-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Nobility

Awful outfit... , not mention those ugly shoes
Old 01-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Gentry

I do like the dress...I´m the only one...

GalerĂ*a de imágenes - Foto 9 - La Familia Real expresa su 'profundo pesar' por el devastador terremoto en HaitĂ*
Old 01-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princechermed View Post
You're not the only one! I love that skirt. It is beautiful. The only thing I don't care for is the jacket. It is too masculine, and it doesn't seem to work with such a feminine skirt. Usually, masculine jackets look better when paired with a ruffled blouse.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos!
Most of Crown Princess Letizia's recent ensembles are not my cup of tea: unpolished and awkward. At the same time, I have to say that her complexion is absolutely flawless. Although her hair is in need of trimming and/or proper styling, it looked gorgeous
Old 01-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I think the skirt is lovely and something really different - i do like the contrast with the dark top but would have preferred it to a differnt material and more formal. The jacket as everyone has already said is too shinny but overall the colour is lovely on Letizia

Old 01-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

The whole outfit is too much for me but I like the jacket and the top looks lovely! not fond of the skirt.

Is that a new outfit from Felipe Varela??

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Why did she wear these shoes with such an outfit?
All pieces are lovely - the skirt is interesting; as well as the top.
But something's weird about this outfit. I don't like it. ... I think it's the combination of the elegant skirt and the top, which is way too casual.
The jacket is quite out of place.
The hairdo is nice, but it starts to get boring to see the same hairdo at nearly all events. At least it's elegant.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the skirt, it's soft and feminine and Letizia can really pull of those looks. But, I just wish this was a dress instead of a skirt. She could have worn a sleeveless/strapless dress with a bolero jacket. IMO, that would be a more put together look. Also, enough with the soft curls, solemn occasions require a more formal hairstyle such as an updo. Not only does it look formal but also classier.

Btw, I like the shiny jacket, it might have looked better if it were a bolero style though. But, I absolutely hate the blouse. Thankfully, the shoes can't be seen in too many pictures, at least the ones I have seen.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.daylife.com/search?q=Fore...14+2010+Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
The whole outfit is too much for me but I like the jacket and the top looks lovely! not fond of the skirt.

Is that a new outfit from Felipe Varela??
It must be, a typical Varela cutting. She had at least 10 similar cut jackets from Varela the first 3 years (before Sofia was born). Varela always has this strange 'talent' of pairing a beautiful skirt with an office jacket, for example, her green outfit at the wedding of Hamzah and Noor, her pink outfit at the wedding of Felipe's cousin, as if he didn't know how to design a stylish jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201 View Post
I like the skirt, it's soft and feminine and Letizia can really pull of those looks. But, I just wish this was a dress instead of a skirt.
Completely agree. If it were a dress, she could wear it in the future galas since she doesn't have many gala gowns to recycle.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

This skirt with a simple white shirt - remember Rania's style at Letizia's wedding?- would have looked so much better. Not just better. IMO it would have been a very elegant appearance.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Courtier

The skirt is adorable. Even the top works with it, although I'm not a big fan of it, but the jacket except for the color it doesn't match. Perhaps it was for her not to look so small, but is hideous
Old 01-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Nobility

closeup
jacket

lovely, Sylish, Fashion, Glamour ....Very Letizia I just love the Whole
Old 01-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Royal Highness

The skirt is very pretty. Love the color. But the blazer doesn't go at all with it. Looks very mismatched.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Good grief, I was expecting something nice. One of the most horrific great gala outfits ever, top like a business suit, bottom like a tablecloth. Ugly shoes.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2010/PPE10011419.jpg
You left out icky hair.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Troonopvolgers!: Spaanse royals bij receptie.

Closed Thread