The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princechermed View Post
Oh, she would look just wonderful in this dress. It´s stunning, and she has a quite similar body type to Martina Klein, who looks gorgeous in the first pic.
Definitively, Schlesser´s job is marvellous, he´s one of the best Spanish designers nowadays. I wish she wore something by Annibal Laguna, I think he also has great desings.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
A CP can support her native country's fashion and yet be a patron of others. Remember when Diana went to Germany and wore Prada??
She definitely can. But, what I am saying is, why become a patron of something that already has enough patrons worldwide. Why not continue to do what you are doing (wearing Spanish designs) except maybe branching off to other Spanish designers, some up and coming ones and put them on international stage or at least Spanish stage, like she did with Varela.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
A CP can support her native country's fashion and yet be a patron of others. Remember when Diana went to Germany and wore Prada??
I do indeed remember how stunning Diana looked in Prada when visiting that country. And what a boost not only to the economy that was as well as the designer but what a clever piece of public relations for both countries. I believe a smart, good-looking Princess like Letizia could very well do the same and look smashing to boot!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princechermed View Post
Letizia is not an actress a singer or another kind of celebrity, she is a Spanish princessand she has a responsibilty with the Spaniards. she has an important role and she represents Spain all over the world, so the normal thing is that she represents also Spanish fashion and shoes... I don´t understand how other princess can wear a whole Prada wardrobe like RH Princess Mary or Dior and Gucci like Queen Rania.

Letizia is more coherent and logic
She's more coherent and logical because of her clothing choices? I think her choices are anything but lately She does have an important role and it would be nice to see her dress to reflect that role rather than dressing in clothes that are ill-fitting and would look better on an 18 year old.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:26 AM
Nobility

I'm not sure about the brown, but over all, she looks ok.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:27 AM
Courtier

With all this discussion about foreign( to Spain) designers I believe that Letizia should wear clothes that suit her and her position and above all she should be satisfied that she looks the very best she can, that is in itself a compliment to Spain. If going to a function or ceremony which is promoting Spain, which is more important? What she is doing or what she is wearing?
Little unknown designers? She can´t afford to do this, if she looked dreadful in an outfit made by one of these, she would be criticized and so would the designer.
I believe that a designer has to make a name for him/herself before designing clothes for a future Queen, but then that is my own opinion.
Someone look bad in Valentino? That is something I have definitely missed out on.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Nobility

Personally I haven't always agreed with what is said sometimes as far as expectations on Letizia's sense of fashion. I cannot fathom what it is to be presentable to her audience and countrymen as a ruling human. The spectrum of what is possible, favorable, or understandable as intellectual or cultural can range and be vast. With the many influences and introductions to concepts and outlooks, one can in a stature such as Letizia is in, be amazed and enthralled with so many experiences, expectations, and advice. She is in a plateau all her own and in particularly from the country of Spain. We have impressions of what she may look best as but the environment sometimes calls one's attention to favorable attire and or particular choice. It's fun for me to gather here because I see an emblem to the important past being represented by the Royals and because everyone who posts is a delight to follow and understand.

I think Letizia can do no wrong. Maybe it's because she looks so well or maybe she really cares to present herself and Spain so well, but I think her persuasion carries her to realm after realm of sincere love and regard. No matter what she chooses I hope she and the King perfect their lives to revel. Good luck in all that. May their destiny be free and a spell.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201 View Post
I am sorry if I misstated what you said. I guess I included Chanel in the list, because its a brand I watch. But, it was never my intention to state that you said "Chanel is best." I was just including Chanel in top end designers, which it is.

And it is indeed subjective on your part or anyone's part. Fashion is a relative term. Just now you stated that you don't like Karl Lagerfeld's work (btw, is that what you said, because that's what I interpreted)and that one can never go wrong with Valentino and YSL, which is subjective as well. I have seen Maxima in some horrendous Valentino designs (again that is my view, so its subjective).

Also I can make the argument that history has "judged" Chanel as well and yet they are not on your list of designers. So, what I am trying to say is, subjectively, you can say that Valentino and YSL are the best but that doesn't mean that they really are, there are no facts to that matter. They work in an industry where "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." So, what you might like such as Valentino and YSL, I might dislike (which I incidentally do, Valentino that is, YSL heels I lust after)

Btw, I don't think I have to PM you anything. I thought we're having a polite discussion about our differing opinions. I think as long as we can continue to discuss without being impolite or attacking each other, we can have the discussion on the forums.
Ok, no need to PM me. I just didn't want us to go off topic.

No, you didn't misinterpret what I said this time. It's true: I can't compare Lagerfeld's rags to a Valentino gown or an YSL suit, for example. History has judged Coco Chanel and yes, she was an accomplished designer. But Lagerfeld's work disgraces and dishonours Chanel's memory and work. On the other hand, there's not a single piece designed by Valentino that could be called 'horrendous'. One can say that this or that isn't his/her cup of tea, but 'horrendous' - I don't think so.

I'm afraid I'm off topic already, so let me add this: if Letizia or any other royal lady wears Valentino's or anyone else's clothes once in a while, this doesn't instantly make her his/her patron.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Meeting of the Advisory Board Prince of Girona Foundation
Barcelona Feb 16th

Close up - Brown jacket and scarf, a bit casual but not bad
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...a-03$599x0.jpg

Full view - Tight Heavy Metal leather pants with Biker boots
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/967...DE6179CC9E4C14
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...rona$599x0.jpg
Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Meeting of the Advisory Board Prince of Girona Foundation
Barcelona Feb 16th

Close up - Brown jacket and scarf, a bit casual but not bad
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...a-03$599x0.jpg

Full view - Tight Heavy Metal leather pants with Biker boots
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/967...DE6179CC9E4C14
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...rona$599x0.jpg
the jaket is nice, but the leather pants with biker boots are a mess imo
as always i love her make-up especially her beautiful lipstick
Old 02-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really like the top half of the outfit; the brown coat is nice and business like. The scarf I like, but I wish she'd taken it off during the meeting as it looks too casual. Now, to the bottom half, I think skinny girls can totally work the leather pants/tights look, but IMO it should be confined to girls night out, or private parties and not to business meetings by anyone, let alone a princess. As for the boots, she could have worn them with a pencil skirt/blouse or a skirt suit, like the lady on the left of Felipe has done.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

i always like her way of putting scarfs :) brown suits her a lot.
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 02-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Courtier

Leather pants on a Princess?
Old 02-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Oh. no! Not than much controversal!
Leather pants are too much for a princess not on vacation.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Top part - jacket & scarf look amazing, really well fitted andtailored but waist down is just horrific.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Royal Highness

I must say I like her outfit, especially the leather pants :-).
The only problem is, that shes a princess. So, a good outfit for a normal person, but a bad outfit for a princess.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know why you say that a leather pants is not appropriate for a princess! In that case there's nothing wrong! she wears those with a jacket and a scarf so it's a very classic outfit with a modern touch!

https://twitter.com/#!/Princesseswatch
Old 02-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
So, a good outfit for a normal person, but a bad outfit for a princess.
I agree with you.
The pants and boots just make her look too much like a biker.

Apart from that: I don't think that leather pants suit her.
I like the boots.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

This kind of skinny leather trousers - or pants, as you call it - is very fashionable this season, but I don't like this particular look on a princess either. I absolutely love the black riding boots - simple and timeless. Again, boring jacket! Besides, brown and black don't match at all...
Old 02-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Horrible outfit. One of the worst this year.