The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
12-02-2010 Seville Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe attended the presentation of the Prince of Girona in Andalusia at the Reales Alcazares in Seville.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2010/PPE10021211.jpg

repeated brown Varela suit.
Afaik it's a Hugo Boss dress + a non-matching Hugo Boss jacket.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Moderator Emeritus

It's Varela. You can see the label here (picture from October09):
http://img128.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_151lo.jpg
(terra)

Old 02-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
It's Varela. You can see the label here (picture from October09):
http://img128.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_151lo.jpg
(terra)
Agreed, but I'm sure that the dress is Hugo Boss (as the jacket looks wrong with the dress, it makes sense that the pieces are from different labels)
Old 02-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
Agreed, but I'm sure that the dress is Hugo Boss (as the jacket looks wrong with the dress, it makes sense that the pieces are from different labels)
I think it might have worked, the way you said it, if the sleeve ends of the jacket didn't match the dress. If you see closely in the picture posted by Her_Majesty, you'll see that the sleeve end on the jacket is the same material (and is of the same color) as the dress. Also, the lining around the pockets of the jacket match the dress as well.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, you are right pdas. The fabric at the sleeves and pockets is definitely the same ;also the colour.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...i7LbWK14hl.jpg

Old 02-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Nobility

Overall I think the light brown dress and dark brown jacket was very nice. I love the shoes (minus the platform). The color and fabric of the shoes is very beautiful. I agree with Zubiaur regarding the brown color of her outfit though. Letizia is such a lovely woman, I think that she would look better if she wore some different/prettier colors. I just don't think the brown flatters her that well. That being said, a nice coat or scarf is one thing, but layers of brown upon brown I think is too much. The same goes for her grey and black outfits. Maybe she is dressing this way because it is winter, or for the nature/seriousness of the occasions, but I hope that when spring and summer roll around, we will see her dressing more vibrantly, with more color and "life" to her outfits.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Quathae regarding the colours. The brown dress is pretty IMO, but I don't care for this jacket. I don't find it stylish at all. Actually it's the type of jacket an old woman would wear.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Both jackets and dress were from Varela. I saw Michelle O wore a simillar brown dress, was not from Boss either. I like the dress, not so much the jacket. In general, I don't like 80s style shapeless big jackets.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Aristocracy

Excited to see the princess in such an appropriate outfit! Her recent choice of the brown dress is lovely. I'm not sure what it is exactly about the dress, perhaps the idea of the design--it's very feminine--but I've always liked it. I agree that the jacket is too heavy.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Thats a lovely coat, I like how it is a bit tighter around the waist and just drops.
That is indeed one of her best coats.
The whole outfit is nice, I like the dress, appropriate and fits her well.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
Afaik it's a Hugo Boss dress + a non-matching Hugo Boss jacket.
beautiful dress and very pretty color
Old 02-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
I am sure she would love to wear Chanel or Dior or Valentino but they are not Spanish designers.
There are great designers in Spain, as good this you named, but Letizia donīt even used good Spanish designers. I donīt know why?

Ten designers create fantastic dresses for her 5th anniversary as Princess of Asturias and she decided to donate them to Dress Museum. She could wear Angel Schlesser...
http://betrendymyfriend.com/wp-conte...ADtulo-223.jpg
http://betrendymyfriend.com/wp-conte...%ADtulo-84.jpg
http://betrendymyfriend.com/wp-conte...3%ADtulo-4.jpg

Alma Aguilar is a fantastic designer also:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0XSI9ZNS1R...AAGUILAR1+.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XAtRGoEjtI...640/alma+3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Pardon me, but i just do not understand why Letizia cannot wear other designers. I do not think that she would be criticized if she wore a beautiful gown, dress, pants that fit her properly, regardless of the designer and where they were born... Just my opinion of course.
Letizia is not an actress a singer or another kind of celebrity, she is a Spanish princessand she has a responsibilty with the Spaniards. she has an important role and she represents Spain all over the world, so the normal thing is that she represents also Spanish fashion and shoes... I donīt understand how other princess can wear a whole Prada wardrobe like RH Princess Mary or Dior and Gucci like Queen Rania.

Letizia is more coherent and logic
Old 02-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I loved Angel Schlesser's work. OMG What a great find! Thank you so much for providing these links!

About Letizia wearing other designers as well, I think I'm going to agree with Udyusa. It wouldn't harm her image or the Spanish designers. I feel this is a bit exaggerated. Yes, she represents Spain and some of the basic Spanish products, if possible. But she's not a model or someone who works to advertise certain brands... And again, how do Schlesser or Aguilar - among others - feel, since they know Letizia prefers F.Varela, Mango or Zara, and has 'stuck' to certain brands and designers? I think it's pointless. Besides, she would look as elegant - more actually, if you ask me - if she wore Valentino, YSL and other famous top designers, that only pruduce refined quality products. She could do that at least once in a while - it wouldn't harm anyone. Let's be honest.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, NoorML! The Queen and the Infantas wear other designers so why not Letizia? I cannot see where it would hurt her status as CP... On the contrary, I think it would enhance her to dress more elegantly than she has been.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Thumbs up Exactly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Thank you, NoorML! The Queen and the Infantas wear other designers so why not Letizia? I cannot see where it would hurt her status as CP... On the contrary, I think it would enhance her to dress more elegantly than she has been.
You're absolutely right. Who was it? Elena's ex-husband who worked for foreign designers - representing them in the Spanish market or something? I mean, this has gone too far! There's no Princess/Queen, that wore/wears foreign designers' clothes, who caused disatisfaction or disappointment to the people of her country. Simply, because that's irrelevant - no royal person or politician is judged by such choices! Letizia has done her best so far, representing Spanish brands. I think she should leave some space to other top designers as well - especially when it's 100% certain that her appearance will be instantly upgraded.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would have to disagree here. Elegance, to me, doesn't come only from wearing high end designers such YSL, Valentino, Dior, Chanel etc. One can wear the aforementioned designers and still look far from elegant. Just look at Caroline of Monaco's Chanel debacles. Personally, I feel that Letizia should take a break from Varela and explore other Spanish fashion designers. I am sure there are "high end" fashion designers in Spain as well. Maybe designers such as princechermed mentioned in her post.

As far as the Queen and the Infantas wearing foreign designers, they are welcome to it. I don't think Letizia has to go that route if she doesn't want to. Personally, I think its a good PR move on her part to wear Spanish designers and should continue to do so. I think she should advance Spanish designers (may be wear some obscure designer) rather than jumping on the "foreign is best" bandwagon. As PoA, she's been given a unique platform to help the Spanish people, be it in the fashion industry or any other industry, and I think she should take advantage of that.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I never said I like Karl Lagerfeld's work - Chanel that is. Or that 'foreign is best' should become Letizia's new motto. I think I was pretty clear and carefully chose Valentino and YSL, simply because you can never go wrong with them. And this isn't objective on my part - history has judged these designers already.

Pdas1201, you can PM me if you still don't understand my point.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

A CP can support her native country's fashion and yet be a patron of others. Remember when Diana went to Germany and wore Prada??
Old 02-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Besides, fashion is an international language!

Goodnight to everyone!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am sorry if I misstated what you said. I guess I included Chanel in the list, because its a brand I watch. But, it was never my intention to state that you said "Chanel is best." I was just including Chanel in top end designers, which it is.

And it is indeed subjective on your part or anyone's part. Fashion is a relative term. Just now you stated that you don't like Karl Lagerfeld's work (btw, is that what you said, because that's what I interpreted)and that one can never go wrong with Valentino and YSL, which is subjective as well. I have seen Maxima in some horrendous Valentino designs (again that is my view, so its subjective).

Also I can make the argument that history has "judged" Chanel as well and yet they are not on your list of designers. So, what I am trying to say is, subjectively, you can say that Valentino and YSL are the best but that doesn't mean that they really are, there are no facts to that matter. They work in an industry where "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." So, what you might like such as Valentino and YSL, I might dislike (which I incidentally do, Valentino that is, YSL heels I lust after)

Btw, I don't think I have to PM you anything. I thought we're having a polite discussion about our differing opinions. I think as long as we can continue to discuss without being impolite or attacking each other, we can have the discussion on the forums.