The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

I actually like the fact that Letizia dressed exactly the way she wants. Don't kid yourself, it has all be OKed by the "higher-ups" or she wouldn't be wearing the outfits she does. Anyone that doesn't believe that, really doesn't know the "behind the doors" of any countries politics. Everything is all very closely orchestrated. Beside, if the news medias are critiquing Letizia, they are leaving someone else in the Royals or politics alone. She, being prior in the news media, knows exactly what she is doing for her husband and country, even though sometimes we all shake our heads. She understood all this before she married.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Courtier

I like Letizia alot. She does a great job. I don't critizise her personality but in my opinion she dresses horribly in the last months. Of course it is great to see her promoting stores like mango and zara. but honestly their collections have better pieces then the ones worn by letizia. pieces that would look better on a princess; on a future queen. most of her skirt are too short. the latest pants looked so hideous on her. it made her look so very skinny. she should hire a fashion stylist.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Nobility

Spain has great fashion designers (Varela is one of the worse if you ask me) not to mention Spain's shoe and bag making tradition.

The shoes Letizia usually wears are plain ridiculous, specially for a Princess in action, she it tall as she will be, people her age don't grow; I underestand her husband is a really tall guy but that's not a big issue, they are "high" shoes much more fine that the bulky bold things she buys in every color every season, more appopiate for Lady Gaga, ridiculous in a Princess, and then she combined the outfits with the wrong shoes or the minis gets shorter everyday, a disaster.

Their clothes at the beginning I din't like it much myself but that is because I had ever and will never like Varela, but now Im almost crying for their return, the last outfit is plain ridiculous, she's not a teen anymore and this last act, itself, required some sort of elegance and a ladylike outfit at the very least. It wasn't a meeting with teenager of some organization but an important price.

She looked awful in my opinion; I can assure you can wear thousands of outfit combinations from Spanish designers both beautiful and relatively cheap, nobody is talking about Valentinos or Gaultiers (even though she has the budget ....) but she doesn't need to go to the extremes, there is a middle happy medium you know.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

The act was not only for the prize, they went to the central market and it was raining, that could be the main reason she wore a pair of ankle length pants. I know the style she was going after, she did it wrong with a too big jacket and low quality Mango pants, she should have asked Varela to make her a pansuit with a long jacket and ankle length pants that are in fashion right now.

http://i35.tinypic.com/w9xr1t.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree with Dazzling, in the past months it has always been Mango, Zara or Varela, the days of Dominguez or Caprile have long gone. Letizia dresses Burberry, a foreign high end designer quite frequently, why not the same in Spain, the fashion she is supposed to promote?
She only had a black Burberry coat that she had worn a dozen of times and a Burberry bag. Both pieces are a couple of years old. I wonder if they were the gifts from her mom-in-law who usually did her Christmas shopping in London. Anyway, if she is promoting Burberry, she would have worn their new collection this year, but she didn't. Actually she has been seen recently with pieces from Armand Bassi (a purple sweater), Adolfo Dominguez (a shirt), Modesto Lomba (a black dress) as lula said, hopefully she will wear more pieces from other designers and less Varela.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
She only had a black Burberry coat that she had worn a dozen of times and a Burberry bag. Both pieces are a couple of years old. I wonder if they were the gifts from her mom-in-law who usually did her Christmas shopping in London. Anyway, if she is promoting Burberry, she would have worn their new collection this year, but she didn't. Actually she has been seen recently with pieces from Armand Bassi (a purple sweater), Adolfo Dominguez (a shirt), Modesto Lomba (a black dress) as lula said, hopefully she will wear more pieces from other designers and less Varela.
I agree, Letizia doesn┤t use only Varela, Mango or Zara. She has many Armand Basi outfits and shoes. Last summer she had dresses from Caramelo and Ailanto.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Donna, I also think that the handbags of Burberry are gifts. To someone in the family must like Burberry because the Infanta Cristina and the children also use the brand.

Burberry is British, but the company has an important enough Spanish division. There is a factory with 900 workers that makes what it is sold in Spain. A few years ago the Spanish division also was of Spanish property, though later they sold it to the international group.

They are the things of the current market. Also there are companies that are Spanish but have foreign designers.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
I'm sure she is a lovely woman personally, but her clothing choices look ridiculous for a woman in her position and age group

But why on earth do people always want to put others in GROUPS ???????That is so awful and untolerant ! Let other people be the way they want to be . You don't like, fine, that's your right but let people breethe !

(This comment comes from someone that doesn't always like the way Letizia dresses ...)
Old 02-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Nobility

personally, I find that most of the time, Princess Lateizia has very nice and elegant styles, the pants she wore for her last event is one of the rare piece I don't like in her wardrobe
Old 02-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I personally like Letizia a lot, I┤m Spanish and I think she does a great job representing Spain. I like the fact that she┤s understood perfectly what being a princess means, IMO: she hasn┤t become a model or a superstar-though the media wants it-, worried about appearing on magazine covers, attending fashion shows or wearing the most expensive brands. She does her job seriously and I admire her for that.
But that doesn┤t mean that her clothes┤choice is always the best. In fact, in my opinion nowadays she dresses awfully the most of the time. Sometimes, she is a example of what a CP should not wear. I don┤t think that the way you dresses is such an important thing for your job, but if you are a public figure, you should look at least how if you take care about your appearance, IMO.
That┤s just my opinion and I don┤t want to blame Letizia for that. I┤ve said before that I like her, and her clothes are the only thing that I hate about her. I can┤t say that for all the CPs

Old 02-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I have said before and I think That Princess Letizia is doin agreat job by wearing spanish designer brands but brands that are acessible to most of the people..and yes when I see something on her I always go to massimo dutti or Mango to buy them and they are ussualy such lovely pieces...I love the way she dress.
And donnak she doesn't have only a black burberry jacket she has also a white burberry jacket very lovely!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
And donnak she doesn't have only a black burberry jacket she has also a white burberry jacket very lovely!
yes it's at least 2 or 3 coats / jackets, various bags / clutches and Leonor and Sofia dress Burberry too ...
Old 02-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
You meant the following white jacket ? It's not Burberry, but from Felipe Varela.

http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009/...s-05$599x0.jpg
Old 02-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I quite liked the above white jacket - it's different, more romantic let's say, but still stylish! Wish Letizia upgraded her jackets at last!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Gentry

I really love this trousers and the shoes...I love this new styke more than the old-fashioned old woman outfit she used to wear in 2005, 2006...with the shoes and the bad in the same colours...uggggg
Old 02-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
... [snipped] A couple of weeks ago, the Spanish fashion legend Elio Berhnanyer criticized Sofia and Elena for wearing luxious brands like Valentino, Dior, Chanel instead of supporting the Spanish fashion in magazine 'ten minutes'. There was not much media interest at the Queen or the infantas, if the same criticism was for Letizia, we already saw them all over the heart programs or internets. Like I said before, being modest is the best option for the current economic situation. She always dressed decently for the big occasions such as the PoA awards or the National day, if she liked to experiment fashion a bit for the less major events, the Spanish media rather welcomed the change (I always got the impression that the pink press didn't like Varela much, perhaps a bit jealous of his luck), hits or misses, I doubt most people really cared. ...[snipped]
It is nice to know that Crown Princess Letizia is duly lauded for being modest. However, clothes by Mango or Zara or any other brand she chooses to wear are ill-fitted. If Crown Princess Letizia is so keen on representing the Spanish fashion industry, the latter can do a better job tailoring clothes for her. I see nothing wrong with wearing Chanel or Dior or Valentino because classical perfectly-tailored pieces from the above brands can be viewed as an investment. The same can not be said about Mango or Zara.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Aside from her engagement outfit has she worn other foreign designers? I know her sisters-in-law and the Queen wear Valentino, Chanel etc but Letizia seems to stick to Spanish designers, which is great for Spanish fashion.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pam
Aside from her engagement outfit has she worn other foreign designers? I know her sisters-in-law and the Queen wear Valentino, Chanel etc but Letizia seems to stick to Spanish designers, which is great for Spanish fashion.
Check this thread though it needs an update
Designers Used by the Spanish Royal Family

I do understand where a few say that the royals have to represent the fashion industry but I dont agree that it has to be done to almost every single event. Change is nice and if other designers do much better job then why not go to them. The designers Letizia is picking at the moment is not fit for a working princess but could be worn at her private time.
I dont agree because the press say something that they follow, its like the white engagement outfit that Letizia wore, she got criticized for wearing a foreign designer and then she started wearing Spanish designers which did look good but then at a point they were quite dissapointing.
If a royal wants to support the fashion industry than I say do it in a correct way with the right looks & outfits. The palace/Letizia could easily hire a stylist who comes in twice a year per season and puts different looks for her. A stylist doesnt mean a weekly job or be styled for every event.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia today at Roncesvalles:
Diario de Navarra
Diario de Navarra
Daylife
Without the coat:
Diario de Navarra
Lovely coat, so far I like everything in this outfit.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Nice outfit. The coat is pretty and looks very nice with the pants and shoes. The shoes seem to be very nice too (I guess they are boots).
The jacket underneath the coat looks nice, too. I still don't think that light brown is the best colour on Letizia, but here it looks good.
All in all it was a nice look.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Letizia today at Roncesvalles:
Diario de Navarra
Diario de Navarra
Daylife
Without the coat:
Diario de Navarra
Lovely coat, so far I like everything in this outfit.
Is the jacket new? I think she has a similar one, but I remember I didn┤t like it at all...this one looks nicer, IMO.
The coat and boots are really lovely, it┤s a nice whole look

Closed Thread