The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Nobility

elegant and professional, she was very nice

Old 02-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Aristocracy

princess letizia
http://media.monstersandcritics.com/...SPX-031497.jpg

Old 02-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

Letizia today!

96409183.jpg (image)
x610.jpg (image)
fhjf.jpg (image)

I think the pants are from MANGO: what do you think??
mango.jpg (image)

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 02-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
Letizia today!

96409183.jpg (image)
x610.jpg (image)
fhjf.jpg (image)

I think the pants are from MANGO: what do you think??
mango.jpg (image)
I dislike brown colour and this outfit too...It is so unflattering and casual imo
Old 02-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Courtier

Doesn't she have a full lenght miror at home?. This outfit is so unflattering, the jacket looks like a size too large, the pants are terrible, I don't know what they intended to do with that hight waist and the short length of the legs, but they look like she pulled them up so she can jump around in puddles. A woman that thin, should know better than wear baggy clothes, it only accentuates her thinnes in a bad way. Her hair looks a bit out of place. This time her shoes didn't bother me so much
Old 02-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

The grey dress is one of the most suitable dresses Letizia owns ... repeating it is a good idea. Still a colourful accessory would make it less boring.

Today's outfit is back to the cheap'n'ugly unflattering casual stuff ... worst part are the trousers. Nothing really fits ... the hair looks really nasty and needs a change of style.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

You took the words right out of my mouth, Duke, on both outfits. Your comments on todays outfit really hit it spot on, imho.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

The latest appearance by Letizia combines every aspect that tends to be wrong with her current 'style':
Dull colors, cheap fabrics, bad tailoring and thus bad fit, ugly shoes (of course), and overall a choice of outfit which is far too casual for the occasion.
Even the hair looked 'ghastly' indeed, after the waves that were put in had not lasted the whole of this engagement; IMO she urgently needs a cut and a different dye job than those unappealing blond-ish streaks.
Appearances like this can almost make you give up on her completely.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

It does appear that she is making no effort at all to look her best. One has to wonder what she is thinking when she goes out looking this bad...
Old 02-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Got dressed in the dark? no mirror? I dont know but those pants are quite ill-fitting matched with a jacket which is at least 2 sizes bigger and pretty long for the pants style.
I understand the style she was going for but it didnt work.
Shoes had to be simple heels.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Daylife
The grey dress is nice and suits Letizia very well.
Too bad for the ugly shoes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubna2 View Post
she has a so pretty face, her make-up is perfect and I like a lot her hairdo
I agree she looks nice, ...younger and younger!
Letizia today
Pic
Letizia a few years ago
Pic

Today's outfit is a "confused" mix, IMO, though brown colour suits her well and the make up and her hair look great! The pants are hideous!
Daylife
Old 02-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I'll agree with almost all of you: today's outfit is lower than average. Just horrible!
Old 02-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

The pants are not usual classic style, but trendy and comfortable (I have a couple of pairs). You have to be thin to wear those pants and Letizia wears them well. A matching suit jacket tailored for this style pants would have been much better instead of a suede jacket 3-4 years ago.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...A8bKk/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...pneh6/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...cL38T/x610.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/24n1tg1.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/r889id.jpg
Old 02-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I quite like the brown jacket and the top, and the necklace is a beautiful detail, IMO.
But the grey pants look horrible, couldnīt they be at least of the proper lenght??
The shoes are just awful.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 02-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Oh my post 500!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
The pants are not usual classic style, but trendy and comfortable (I have a couple of pairs). You have to be thin to wear those pants and Letizia wears them well. A matching suit jacket tailored for this style pants would have been much better instead of a suede jacket 3-4 years ago
I agree with you, however I don't think this look is good for

a) a crown princess on official duty
b) a woman Letizia's age.

I'd love to see this pants in let's say Charlotte of Monaco, they are fresh and young for a girl in her early twenties but Letizia is what... 37, 38, she can still dress in trendy clothes, but she has to know when to edit, and when something is not appropiate, lately we've seen very poor choices of clothing.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Nobility

I thought the brown suede jacket was actually pretty cool, but 1 - it was too big on her, and 2 - it would have looked better with jeans maybe. The necklace was pretty. I HATE those pants. They totally remind me of something I wore in high school in the 80's, kind of like the old brand Z.Cavarrici's. ICK!! Although I only saw the back of the dress, the green sleeveless dress was very pretty, and I liked the matching slingback shoes, although I wish she would lose the platform look. It is beginning to look ridiculous. Letizia looks really pretty in bright colors, like that emerald green or the purple she wore recently. I would love to see her wearing more color, especially around her face. Save the neutrals for pants and outerwear.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i really dont like the style of the cropped trousers that Letizia wears today - they look kinda alright on the Mango model but the trousers at that length on someone Letizia's height look silly

i like the laceup boots - she has worn them a number of times before but they of course look better with full length trousers shoes

Think it would have look abit better with flat pumps

The jacket is quite loose but then again it is about 2/3 years old and first worn during pregnancy with Sofia

Top under jacket and necklace look quite nice

Old 02-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quathae is right: it's getting ridiculous and clownish Letizia seems able to wear the most elegant and fashionable outfit and the next day the most awful. Isn't she advised by an expert?
Old 02-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

If she is, she should be let go immediately as an advisor, IMO!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Nobility

To NoorMeansLight - Forgive my ignorance, especially if this is slightly off topic, but don't members of Royal families have "stylists" or people who give them guidance or ideas of not only how to look great but also appropriate? When I look at someone, like Letizia or Mary or Rania, who consistently look fabulous, I automatically think they have style help. ( I sure couldn't come up with these fashions and ensembles on my own, and I would LOVE to have access to a royal stylist/fashion advisor, but I digress.....)So, assuming that they do have someone helping them, when Letizia steps out in questionable pants or shoes or messy hair, did that person have the day off, or do they think they actually look really good?