The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
25-01-2010
Princess Letizia attended the inauguration of the Center for Laboratory Support for Research and development (Cails Building) in Scientific park in Madrid.

Full View -- Close-Up -- Back View -- Shoes&Bag
very nice look, the coat is just wonderful, love also her make-up

Old 01-26-2010, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Isnt this a recycled coat?
At first I thought it was a new piece but looking at it again, I do recall seeing her in it at least once before or I am confusing for a similar coat.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm pretty sure the blue/grey coat is new. She had a similar style black wool coat. The gray dress inside is a recycled Mango dress.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I'm pretty sure the blue/grey coat is new. She had a similar style black wool coat. The gray dress inside is a recycled Mango dress.
No this dress is not from Mango but from Varela. It's the dress she wore for the prince of asturias award last october.

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Both the dress and the coat are nice, though I don't like them togheter. Too much grey, imo, and the colour is not exactly the same.
Nice (expensive) Burberrys clutch, (The Spanish royals seems to love Burberrys!) and (cheap) ugly shoes!
Shoes
Bag
Old 01-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Giov is right. The shoes are hideous! Thank you for confirming the clutch is by Burberry. I suspected that, although I can't figure out from which collection. Any ideas?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
25-01-2010
Princess Letizia attended the inauguration of the Center for Laboratory Support for Research and development (Cails Building) in Scientific park in Madrid.

I wish she would wear more colour.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
(The Spanish royals seems to love Burberrys!)
Who else likes Burberrys? (but again who doesn't love Burberrys?! )
Old 01-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
Who else likes Burberrys? (but again who doesn't love Burberrys?! )
Actually I don't like Burberrys In fact, I don't follow them at all, that's why I didn't realize that the logo (medieval knight with the charger) was theirs. I read somewhere that its was Varela's. Never mind! Btw, I do like this studded clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Thank you for confirming the clutch is by Burberry. I suspected that, although I can't figure out from which collection. Any ideas?
Its from their Fall 2007 collection. I couldn't find the exact picture of the clutch that Letizia is carrying but I did find a picture of a wristlet in similar studded style. http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5118/00300mu.jpg
Old 01-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
25-01-2010

Very nice coat.She looks elegant,I only dislike platforms and bag ,too long imo...
Old 01-27-2010, 01:22 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Letizia looked nice except for her shoes I wish she'd get rid of those stupid platforms. They look so clunky and awkward.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I suspected that, although I can't figure out from which collection. Any ideas?
Fall 2008 collectin but such styles seem to be a classic piece since then.

I find it interesting that when asked why Letizia doesnt wear international brands sometimes its said because she gets criticize for not promiting Spanish
designers but yet here she can throw out a few hundreds on a Burberry clutch, not to forget she has a Burberry bag and trench coat.

IMO, it wont hurt if Letizia spends half her fashion budget on spanish designers and the other half on international designers.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I like the Burberry stuff and it's nice to see something classy on Letizia. Yes it's expensive but nowhere near Valentino etc what her MIL or other CPs are wearing (especially Maxima and MM come to my mind). Burberry is affordable by any business woman with an upmarket salary, therefore in London its worn by lots of people.

I think the SRF has a connection with Burberry (not sure but I believe its via Jaime de Marichalar) likely to receive a discount since even Leonor and Sofia are wearing Burberry what I personally find more to critizise in terms of "wasting" money on designerware, I'd rather see an expensive clutch that can last for years than kids in designer clothes for one or two prestiguous outings, never got the point of that.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you both Pdas1201 and Dazz! I find this particular design classic too.

Well, I'm a bit surprised: I didn't know it was a CP's business to promote designers of her country, but it sounds nice.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

27-01-2010 Madrid Princess Letizia pose before the lunch at Zarzuela palace in Madrid- recycling the National day suit.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2010/PPE10012714.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2010/PPE10012705.jpg

Old 01-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Lunch today
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...a-02$599x0.jpg originally posted by lula
repeat of national day outfit

Old 01-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I love this outfit but something new every now and again would be nice.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

The lavender outfit is beautiful, especially the dress, and her hair looks much better today!

I can't understand why does she like all these 'clogs' and keeps buying them in multiple colours.... I hadn't noticed before registering on TRF how awful her shoes are and now I'm very disappointed. She has such good taste in clothes, why not upgrading her footwear?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Royal Highness

I really do like this lavender outfit on her.

NoorMeansLight, I agree about her shoes. Nine times out of ten she has on some dreadful ones.