Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 10: October 2009 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion

Part 10
The previous thread can be Found Here
TRF Rules & FAQs
*review before posting*

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright holder.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to reliable published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be removed without notice.

If you have any questions, please contact a member of the Royal House of Fashion moderating team.

Happy posting! :flowers:

Marmi, Dazzling, TheTruth

I will never understand why Letizia buys cheap stuff that acutally looks similar to classy outfits that she already owns. For example today the purple dress with coat is ok but no comparison to the perfect outfit of PoA awards 2006. Her body shape hasn't changed at all since then. It's a shame she never recycled that specific outfit.
http://estaticos.20minutos.es/img/2006/10/20/522006.jpg
This is what I don't get. If she is choosing these cheaper outfits to make a point about being frugal why not recycle the classy outfits that she already owns? If they need to be slightly altered then do that. She had some absolutely gorgeous outfits from her first years as a royal that looked so good on her. And some beautiful, classy shoes. Most of the clothes she wears now are not altered or tailored well at all to suit her small frame.

The above 2006 outfit is absolutely gorgeous!Perhaps Letizia,the future Queen of Spain,wants to feel close to her people by wearing clothes that they can also afford.Maybe she's trying to support them during the financial crisis.

The above 2006 outfit is absolutely gorgeous!Perhaps Letizia,the future Queen of Spain,wants to feel close to her people by wearing clothes that they can also afford.Maybe she's trying to support them during the financial crisis.

I agree that the 2006 outfit is fabulous! Why not wear it again rather than purchasing and wearing ill-fitting poorly made clothes? She is the future Queen of Spain, so why not dress like it? Should she and her family move out of the house they are in right now and into a home in the suburbs of Spain to feel closer to the people? I understand your point of view, but if the point is to cut back when the economy is tight then wear the beautiful clothes that are in the closet.:flowers:

She wore this 2006 outfit when she was 3-4 month pregnant with Sofia. Perhaps she didn't want to 'initiate' the pregnancy rumors and gossips.
Her purple outfit is pretty nice for the national day, didn't look worse than the Infantas' that looked very matronly IMO. However she could have styled her hair more formally like the PoA awards.

:previous: So this is the purple dress she wore?What's wrong with it?It's an elegant dress combined nicely with this jacket.The color looks great on Letizia.I also liked her sunglasses :flowers: It was a lovely overall look!

This is what I don't get. If she is choosing these cheaper outfits to make a point about being frugal why not recycle the classy outfits that she already owns? If they need to be slightly altered then do that. She had some absolutely gorgeous outfits from her first years as a royal that looked so good on her. And some beautiful, classy shoes. Most of the clothes she wears now are not altered or tailored well at all to suit her small frame.
For all we know she my not even own those outfits, they could wll have been borrowed. I find it quite bizarre the number of people who yearn for her old suits. During the first few years most people complained about her wardrobe being "boring" and like a journalist.

Promoting major Spanish businesses like Zara and Mango is a smart move. Both companies have hundreds of stores in dozens of countries across the globe and are some of Spain's biggest names.

I really like the outfit of PoA awards 2006, thank you for posting it, CP Letizia really looks good in lavender.

I wonder how all the other Spanish designers are feeling, who don't have (unlike Zara and Massimo Dutti) a mulimillion business empire behind them with excellent relations to Zarzuela (Inditex) and are driving mulitmillion advertising campaigns involving celebrities (Mango) :whistling:

Letizia could easily wear a label "sponsored by..." since she is singling out those companies who obviously sent her freebie clothes (that by the way don't hit the mark for a royal hence too casual), rejecting many others who would welcome some royal support in difficult times.

On the other hand, Zarzuela is no stranger to "being sponsored by" (Mallorca holidays) but that belongs into another thread.

Duke, you bring up something I've been curious about for some time.....Do the fashion designers/houses GIVE or LOAN clothes to Royalty, or do the Royals buy things? Does the Spanish Royal House have "a designer"? What is the industry standard, and why? Thanks n advance!

Duke, you bring up something I've been curious about for some time.....Do the fashion designers/houses GIVE or LOAN clothes to Royalty, or do the Royals buy things? Does the Spanish Royal House have "a designer"? What is the industry standard, and why? Thanks n advance!

The rest of the female SRF members (especially Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena) wear top class designers like Valentino or Chanel (JC and Felipe wear high quality custom made suits) but also a variety of Spanish high-end designers, since royals are not supposed to look like the girl next door. Neither Queen Sofia nor the Infantas are seen in low-end fashion like Zara or Mango, not even Varela who thanks to Letizia became a household name, when out on duty.

It is likely that royals in general get loans as they do get closely associated with specific (usually high-end) designers, like Queen Rania with Elie Saab or the Belgian royals with Edouard Vermeulen / Natan.

Thank you for explaining this to me. -I'll be sure to look at some of those fashion houses. As I'm not familiar with some of the spanish designers P Letizia wears.

I wonder how all the other Spanish designers are feeling, who don't have (unlike Zara and Massimo Dutti) a mulimillion business empire behind them with excellent relations to Zarzuela (Inditex) and are driving mulitmillion advertising campaigns involving celebrities (Mango) :whistling:

Letizia could easily wear a label "sponsored by..." since she is singling out those companies who obviously sent her freebie clothes (that by the way don't hit the mark for a royal hence too casual), rejecting many others who would welcome some royal support in difficult times.
Spain is in the midst of a recession. If Letizia wore brand new designer outfits on a daily basis from Adolfo Dominguez, Angel Schlesser or Lorenzo Caprile she would be accused of being wasteful during difficult economic times.

You may not like the outfits she wears and that's your prerogative but opting for cheaper clothes, when many Spanish citizens will be cutting back as well shows empathy for her people and an awareness of the struggles others are going through.

Spain is in the midst of a recession. If Letizia wore brand new designer outfits on a daily basis from Adolfo Dominguez, Angel Schlesser or Lorenzo Caprile she would be accused of being wasteful during difficult economic times.

You may not like the outfits she wears and that's your prerogative but opting for cheaper clothes, when many Spanish citizens will be cutting back as well shows empathy for her people and an awareness of the struggles others are going through.

Correct me if I am wrong but wearing Adolfo Dominguez, Angel Schlesser or even Caprile for gala wear cannot be considered "wasteful" - it may be more expensive than the odd 50 Euros for a Mango piece but it is nowhere near expensive designerwear such as Valentino, Armani, Chanel etc. It's high-end fashion, yes, but none of these labels is super-luxurious but something the average businesswomen would be able to afford. Did somebody ever critizise Letizia for wearing comparable high-end fashion like Burberry or Loewe, I don't think so.

And how comes that the other SRF women are not accused of wasting money in difficult times when sporting their top class designer daytime wear or accessories, if Spaniards are so anxious about their royals as role models. At least Queen Sofia or Infanta Elena don't seem to see any need to raid the next Mango store before attending an event.

Well personally I do think the other Spanish women should dress a little more frugally to reflect the current climate but this is the Letizia thread so I didn't comment on their wardrobes.

Moreover I wasn't aware Letizia had worn a Mango evening gown at a gala event, IMRIC she has recycled a lot of the same pieces with different skirts and blouses but the only new dress that springs to mind is the blue one shoudler gown which she wore in London and Madrid. I may be wrong about that though.

Thank you Bonbon for posting a Mango Design that CP Letizia wore, I did like this dress when she wore it, although I know others didnt in the post. It looked like "high" fashion to me....

She also had a scarf while she was outside:
Getty Images
I think that today´s casual outfit suited very well to this engagement, when Letizia was with children, she could be totally easy with them
BelgaPicture

This is a quite casual outfit, but I like it for this children event.
Lovely jacket and scarf :flowers:

I like the jacket a lot, the outfit is nice for such a casual event. What has happened to Letizia's hair these days, it looks terrible, like a wig.

Lovely outfit. The cream,grey & purple scarf all together look very nice, the pants and jacket fillted nicely. The outfit looked very comftable and light but yet warming at the same time.
I think the pants are abit too long.
Was Letizia wearing flats or heels?

Lovely outfit. The cream,grey & purple scarf all together look very nice, the pants and jacket fillted nicely. The outfit looked very comftable and light but yet warming at the same time.
I think the pants are abit too long.
Was Letizia wearing flats or heels?

Here´s the answer:
Lne

Today's outfit is casual,but very nice and appropriate for this event.I liked the jacket and the scarf.

I like this outfit. It is very casual, yet smart-looking. I like the soft color of the scarf and the jacket.

Lovely outfit today and really suitable for a visit to a school

The outfit gets my "stamp of approval".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom