The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 03:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

and when she needs to, in a really official occasion she looks as she should and makes them proud. I do not mind that she (almost) looks like everyone else on this occasion, visiting students. Spain does have a large amount of poor people and if she always looked very fashionable I expect it would cause some anti royalist feelings in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I could not agree with you more about her caring for her job & family more than her wardrobe. And because of that she, Felipe and the Spanish monarchy will prosper. The love of the spanish people will carry them far.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

I find the outfit very pretty, except the shoes.
The colours are really nice but it is too casual, especially for the audience at Zarzuela. The cardigan looks too short on the back.
Getty
I am curious to know why she often assumes this kind of postures
Daylife

Old 11-19-2009, 07:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post

imo, nice outfit and it's appropriate for the event
Old 11-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Aristocracy

The outfit is too casual and women around her look more appropiate for the audience. She must get the fact that she is a princess and dress like one. Sometimes she can do it very well but lately she is just too casual.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Letizia in Morocco today
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...lg7u5/610x.jpg
another picture
(thanks to lula)
Old 11-20-2009, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
I quite like the overall look, the outfit looked nice and the hair as well as the make up. What didnt work for me was the shoes and the fringe on it, it was abit too much since the hair was very curly, printed skirt and then too much going on the shoes.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't like color of the jacket. I think Letizia should stay away from warm, earthy tones, it makes her look washed out. The skirt was nice. But, those shoes need to be burned.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

It's the Inauguration-Cervantes-outfit, same jacket in Dehli
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/imag...11_india_7.jpg

Again too casual, especially when meeting other royals, the shoes are ugly and don't go with the busy print of the (pretty) skirt. Letizia looks as tired and washed out as the colours she has chosen to wear.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

In a way it was unfortunate that she choose to wear her hair in soft curls because by the end of the day it was looking messy

Old 11-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like a lot the hairdo and the skirt. The jacket is fine as well, but it looks too casual with that skirt, IMO. The shoes look awful with this outfit.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 11-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I quite like the overall look, the outfit looked nice and the hair as well as the make up. What didnt work for me was the shoes and the fringe on it, it was abit too much since the hair was very curly, printed skirt and then too much going on the shoes.
The shoes are horrible. They clash horribly with this outfit.

If Letizia truly didn't care about fashion she wouldn't continue to wear the shoes she does. She'd pick a classic pump.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i think letizia's style has improved a lot lately. she wears things she likes and is comfortable in and that shows. her clothes at the beginning were nice though, it's just that now she looks more at ease.
however, she has scored points lately for me, but not because of her fashion sense: she is certainly the most active crown princess, she seems extremely involved and follows a hectic schedule. we haven't seen her around enjoying life as a royal but normally all the pictures we get from her are about her official activities. that's nice to see. royals are royals and not celebrities. seeing them shopping, out for a walk or out on a trip with friends is fun but what should stand out is their work as diplomats and letizia has achieved that perfectly lately.
We may not see pictures of Letizia shopping but that doesn't mean she isn't doing it I don't think one can say if a pic is taken of one of them shopping they are acting like celebrities. It's not their fault they "snapped" in their off duty hours. Many crown princesses work every bit as hard as Letizia does and have hectic schedules as well, in fact a lot of them have more functions they attend on their own in addition to accompanying their better halves
Old 11-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Aristocracy

I totally agree that the outfit is very casual in its own complicated way!neither the shoes, nor the skirt, nor the bag fit the whole idea of the look she was looking for.
The jacket is very nice, but the idea behind such a jacket is more like jeans, big pink Birkin, gray denim Tods, and eventually simple classical gray Bottega Veneta sunglasses. I would add a soft pashmina to the whole outfit of course, or a sophisticated Hermes scarf.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
I like the outfit, wish she had worn a different jacket though.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Letizia's hair looked nice when she and Felipe arrived at the airport, but it looked just messy during the rest of the day... especially when the curls were completely gone later the day.
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/16651753.jpg

The skirt was the nicest part of the outfit.
I don't like the jacket at all - it looks way too casual. It also makes Letizia look rather pale.
The shoes are cool and fun, but they don't look good with the outfit.
All in all this was a disappointing look.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Aristocracy

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/488...ulayrachid.jpg

I think that what Princess Letizia did here is try to match everything with the jacket, using all denim of slightly different tones for each of the bag and shoes....
The skirt seems to be in some kind of shear material and silk or something...
When you think about it the skirt is hardly manadgeable considering that we are in mid-november, and that it does get cold after sunset in Morocco! She is not wearing any stalkings neither..!oh well we are all due to have our own style anyway! I am sure she was very content with her own choice :)! Aren't we all!
Old 11-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

i actually think the shoes are to die for! another issue is whether they were appropriate for the event (and country) or not, but i actually didn't see anything wrong with them. my only "but" is regarding the skirt, which i always thought to be rather awful looking. certainly not elegant in whichever combination it is used.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Commoner

I'm not a fan of her shoes. They look too chunky for her petite frame and have too uch detail in this beige one. Maybe she should stick to basic heels, so much more elegant
Old 11-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess I'm in the minority here because, I love the green ruffle suede platform style shoe. Additionally I was glad that CP Letizia changed her hair some....."to each his own" I guess!
Old 11-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I, too am unable to understand her love for these booties (or semi booties) that she wears. They don't look good on her at all. Actually, I will go all out and say that this is a silly fad and hope it will soon pass. I remember in the beginning, right after her marriage, she used to wear simple heels and dressed appropriately (as in not too casual). She looked incredible then, actually she still does, but more misses than hits. Now, with her color choices, as well as the cuts and style, she comes off as tired and washed out, most of the time.