Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 10: October 2009 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally like very much of Letizia´s style. I like the way she uses quite a lot clothes from Zara and Mango, they are clothes that everyone can afford. I think that many spaniards nowadays appreciate that, because the economical situation in Spain is quite difficult, the unemployment rate is almost 18 percent. E.g. here in Finland the rate is 8 percent. I think that it is understandable and admirable that the spanish royals are trying to cut their costs.
The Wall Street Journal: Spanish Despair Rises as Jobs Shrink

And I find this very smart :) I like Letizia's personal style, although I know it's more fashionable than regal. It's just unique, imo :flowers:

She has such a great figure and is beautiful but she somehow doesn't seem to have that special style that says class and elegance. The best I can remember her is in that stunning red gown at Frederick and Mary's wedding. Her daytime and eveningwear, although I'm sure very expensive, don't seem to look it whereas Mary seems to be able to put together a relatively casual outfit and still look good. I know it is unfair to compare but that is just my opinion. What do you all think?
Letizias wardrobe is not expensive as you claim, many of her clothes are from Zara and Mango, both high-street stores in Spain with branches across the globe. Unlike other royal women she doesnt have a Lady-in-Waiting or a stylist to choose her clothes for her.

Moreover there are plenty of people who dont find Mary particularly stylish or elegant.

She has such a great figure and is beautiful but she somehow doesn't seem to have that special style that says class and elegance. The best I can remember her is in that stunning red gown at Frederick and Mary's wedding. Her daytime and eveningwear, although I'm sure very expensive, don't seem to look it whereas Mary seems to be able to put together a relatively casual outfit and still look good. I know it is unfair to compare but that is just my opinion. What do you all think?
I do agree with you 100%!!
I sometimes like Letizia style and every time she wears mango or Zara clothes I go there and bought the same because they are just wonderful casual pieces, but she has a lack elegance, style...I don't know something is missing:cool:

I'd have to agree with you. It's all personal preference, of course. Letizia is very pretty, and in videos she moves gracefully. But I can't say I'm crazy about the majority of her wardrobe choices.

I would have to say that Letizia is more fashionable than classic. For me, if you take most of her pieces individually they are wonderful, but then she puts them together they loose some of their attraction. Take today's outfit (the purple jacket and plaid pants with the open toed shoes - pics on the current events thread). The jacket is wonderful on her but I would have adored it even more if paired with a longer wider legged gray pant, or the pants would have been good if worn with a cardigan and more classic looking shoes (pointed toe pump/heel). I suppose what I'm saying is that for me, it's not necessarily the pieces themselves but how they are being put together.

Letizia's clothes in general are not as expensive as other CPsses. She rarely wore clothes from famous foreign designers or brands like them. Varela's clothes have become expensive because of her.
Perhaps she is not interested at being dressed by a stylist who often looks like putting together a catalog.

I do agree with you 100%!!
I sometimes like Letizia style and every time she wears mango or Zara clothes I go there and bought the same because they are just wonderful casual pieces, but she has a lack elegance, style...I don't know something is missing:cool:
I agree with you
She is probably (certainly) just nots so intersted in beeing a Fashion icon , she just want to be , want to appears Professionnal FOR ME it is a real elegance ....that's her elegance , class
I mean she could be beautiful, extremly fashionable, she could be more really more "remarquable" than QRania, Carla Bruni, Princess Mary etc...if she would....she is pretty, nice face, she has a beautiful Body, perfect Shape, she has a budget, Spain is now one of prime Fashion Country in the world .....but she simply doesn't care of her Wardrobe, she cares of her job, her fonction, her private life and family....
She shows it clearly, wearing simple clothes, in simple way, repeating and recycling sames clothes again and again .
That is really for me a true princess from people
That's why I admire a lot Pletizia
I repeat, it's a kind of nice human being, an elegance

I agree with you
She is probably (certainly) just nots so intersted in beeing a Fashion icon , she just want to be , want to appears Professionnal FOR ME it is a real elegance ....that's her elegance , class
I mean she could be beautiful, extremly fashionable, she could be more really more "remarquable" than QRania, Carla Bruni, Princess Mary etc...if she would....she is pretty, nice face, she has a beautiful Body, perfect Shape, she has a budget, Spain is now one of prime Fashion Country in the world .....but she simply doesn't care of her Wardrobe, she cares of her job, her fonction, her private life and family....
She shows it clearly, wearing simple clothes, in simple way, repeating and recycling sames clothes again and again .
That is really for me a true princess from people
That's why I admire a lot Pletizia
I repeat, it's a kind of nice human being, an elegance
I could not agree with you more about her caring for her job & family more than her wardrobe. And because of that she, Felipe and the Spanish monarchy will prosper. The love of the spanish people will carry them far. ;)

I love the purple cardigan and blouse, but I don't care for that belt. The blouse has a print, and the buckle of the belt seems to clash with it. I think that a smaller, less ornate belt buckle would have looked better.

I like a lot the cardigan and shirt, not sure about the pants and belt, though.
Love the purse.

Oh, the cardigan & the blouse are lovely (although the cardigan could have been a bit longer) :flowers: I agree that the belt is not matching well. A more simple belt would have looked better, the pants are okay, but the shoes don't go well with it. I'd prefer some black pumps...

Every single piece is lovely and the overall is really well put together. I also find it nice and comftable as well as colorful but this look is not meant to be for an official event especially on a future queen. Its way too casual, maybe if she had matched it up with a purple jacket (which she has) would look very nice.

Don't think the grey shoes are right with this outfit today but apart from that i like it and it appears to be a more casual relaxed event so i dont mind what she has choosen

It's a very nice outfit - for a suburban housewife having mid-morning coffee or for a school teacher at work, but it's absolutely not meant for a Princess to attend any official engagement.

No matter of the belt. I don't like grey shoes.
Cardigan, shirt even trouser all right but shoes?!
About belt it would look nice with black trousers and simple white shirt.

i think letizia's style has improved a lot lately. she wears things she likes and is comfortable in and that shows. her clothes at the beginning were nice though, it's just that now she looks more at ease.
however, she has scored points lately for me, but not because of her fashion sense: she is certainly the most active crown princess, she seems extremely involved and follows a hectic schedule. we haven't seen her around enjoying life as a royal but normally all the pictures we get from her are about her official activities. that's nice to see. royals are royals and not celebrities. seeing them shopping, out for a walk or out on a trip with friends is fun but what should stand out is their work as diplomats and letizia has achieved that perfectly lately.

Letizia while visiting a students residence today:

Outfit

Purse

Close-up

Thank you for the links to the pictures.

I don't like this outfit very much. The color of the cardigan/jacket is ok, but other than that the clothes seem too big for her.

But, she is smiling and radint as usual, and that makes a beautiful princess regardless of her outfit! :flowers:

That is one sloppily put together outfit. It just shows that no effort was put into it whatsoever. Letizia needs to realize that she is now Princess of Asturias and not a tv correspondent (even those won't go near this outfit). More effort needs to go into her selection of clothes as well as piecing together what looks good and what doesn't, hire a stylist if she's so lacking in that department.

The thing with Letizia I have noticed is when she puts in even a little effort, she gets huge rewards. But, when she doesn't, she looks sloppy and shows a complete disregard for her appearance, which IMO, is not good for a public figure.

and when she needs to, in a really official occasion she looks as she should and makes them proud. I do not mind that she (almost) looks like everyone else on this occasion, visiting students. Spain does have a large amount of poor people and if she always looked very fashionable I expect it would cause some anti royalist feelings in the long run.

I could not agree with you more about her caring for her job & family more than her wardrobe. And because of that she, Felipe and the Spanish monarchy will prosper. The love of the spanish people will carry them far. ;)

I find the outfit very pretty, except the shoes.
The colours are really nice but it is too casual, especially for the audience at Zarzuela. The cardigan looks too short on the back.
Getty
I am curious to know why she often assumes this kind of postures
Daylife

The outfit is too casual and women around her look more appropiate for the audience. She must get the fact that she is a princess and dress like one. Sometimes she can do it very well but lately she is just too casual.

I didn't like color of the jacket. I think Letizia should stay away from warm, earthy tones, it makes her look washed out. The skirt was nice. But, those shoes need to be burned.

In a way it was unfortunate that she choose to wear her hair in soft curls because by the end of the day it was looking messy

I like a lot the hairdo and the skirt. The jacket is fine as well, but it looks too casual with that skirt, IMO. The shoes look awful with this outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom