Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: February 2005 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By Lidia Delgado:

Attachments

• zzzzm2.JPG
    zzzzm2.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 10,046
23rd January 2004 - private visit to the Prado Museum. For this occasion, Letizia wore this suit from Emporio Armani collection:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt know that these clothes are made by spanish designers,I think they really should improve cause there's nothing special about these dresses

February 2004 - Saint Valentine's romantic dinner. For this occasion, Letizia wore a black dress with small ruffles signed by Yves Saint Laurant and a black leather jacket signed by Adolfo Dominguez.

Photos from Hola:

http://imageshack.us/

Last edited:
Also by Adolfo Dominguez:

Attachments

• zzzzzl1.JPG
    zzzzzl1.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,004
  • zzzzc8.JPG
    zzzzc8.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 509
  • zzzzzz19.JPG
    zzzzzz19.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,179
This one is signed by Felipe Varela:

Attachments

• zo2.JPG
    zo2.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 506
Thanks for working so hard on this thread cute girl and Elsa M.! :)

I think it's great that so much of Letizia's wardrobe comes from different Spanish designers. It's a great way to promote Spanish designers rather than just donning clothes from the usual runway roster of Armani, Dolce & Gabanna, Carolina Herrera, Valentino, Givency, etc.

I love the grey skirt with black accents by Lidia Delgado; it's such a great skirt. Ever since I saw Letizia wear it for the first time I've wanted one. I just might have to fly off to Spain just to get that skirt!

These are by Felipe Varela:

Attachments

• zzzu15.JPG
    zzzu15.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 422
  • zzzzzr5.JPG
    zzzzzr5.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 449
Once again, Felipe Varela:

Attachments

• z8.JPG
    z8.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 2,288
May 2004 - Visit to Caprile's studio, to prove the gowns she would wear in Denmark

February 2004 - dinner during the winter holidays at the valley of Aran. For this occasion, Letizia repeated Tom Ford's jacket.

Great to see those pictures :) Thanks Elsa for the strive!

cute_girl said:
I searched for spanish designers fashion shows but all I found was a felipe varela's fashion show of 2years ago
Yes, Felipe Varela is a good example of how Letizia is somehow helping to promote some Spanish designers that were not so well-known as others. Although Varela has opened his first boutique in 1998, he was not accepted in the Association of Designers and he even left the Cibeles Footbridge, before the refusal to let him have his own show...

Elsa M. said:
Yes, Felipe Varela is a good example of how Letizia is somehow helping to promote some Spanish designers that were not so well-known as others. Although Varela has opened his first boutique in 1998, he was not accepted in the Association of Designers and he even left the Cibeles Footbridge, before the refusal to let him have his own show...
of course it's so good that she tries to promote spanish designers but i think always wearing their dresses wont help them that much as far as we're seeing that they designe some very boring and ordinary things for her that you can find in any store if I were her I'd bought from other designers too just to make spanish designers work more and produce better things

cute_girl said:
of course it's so good that she tries to promote spanish designers but i think always wearing their dresses wont help them that much as far as we're seeing that they designe some very boring and ordinary things for her that you can find in any store if I were her I'd bought from other designers too just to make spanish designers work more and produce better things

May be she is not THAT free to wear whatever she wants and from whomever she wants. Maybe she has some guidelines from the Palace...:confused:

cute_girl said:
i think always wearing their dresses wont help them that much as far as we're seeing that they designe some very boring and ordinary things for her that you can find in any store if I were her I'd bought from other designers too just to make spanish designers work more and produce better things
Of course, Letizia is not trying to be anything close to what we would call a fashion icon, but I don't think she's wearing bad things, as you say. I agree with Carolina Herrera, when she says (see the article I posted at the thread for Princess Letizia's News and Photos) what most characterizes Letizia's style is the way she bears the clothes. Of course she doesn't wear such extravagant or should I say exuberant clothes as some other crown princesses do, but her style in day-to-day official life (not obviously at gala events) is really much about discretion (exactly the same guide line which characterizes the other women of the Spanish Royal Family, namely Queen Sofia), but not ordinary pieces, as you call it. In fact, if you pay attention to Felipe Varela's pieces (and it is not by mere chance that he's the one in charge of most of her day time outfits), you can clearly see the influence of some remarkable gurus as Tierry Mügler, with whom Varela learned the secrets of his cut. We're talking of a style mostly characterized by using discrete cuts, but fitting the pieces, namely the jackets, with some delicate details achieved by applying some techniques of High Couture.

Well, I agree that she should not use the same suits in different colours, what makes her appearance sometimes a bit monotonous, but really we can't say she wears ordinary or poorly made things... she has a clean image, made of strait and well cut lines... in a word, a classic image.

...But then again, this is also my personal opinion ;)

Last edited:
cute_girl said:
designed by Lorenzo Caprile

I hope she dropes Miguel (the minni mouse shoes, gigantic leather gloves and horrible jacket) and keeps Lorenzo (love the skirt, looks a bit like oscar de la renta)

well... the problem with miguel's design wasn't that he doesn't design good. it's good to remember that was one of the first events letizia attended as the fiance of the prince, and didn't really found her style by that time, while now that she wears more caprile, she seems to know what she wants most of the times...

Another one by Felipe Varela:

Attachments

• zq2.JPG
    zq2.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 567
By Adolfo Dominguez:
(Definitely not the most flattering of all)

Attachments

• sem título14.JPG
    sem título14.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:
Also by Felipe Varela:

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzz.JPG
    zzzzzzzzz.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 531
  • zza9.JPG
    zza9.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 448
Letizia has two ski suits by the label "kjus" its the collection of the norwegian alpine skiier and several time olympic champion Lasse Kjus
See her outfit here, Ladies Skiwear
http://www.kjus.com/

February 2004 - in São Salvador da Baía, during the official visit to Brazil:
1. visiting the Pelourinho;
2. visiting the favela of Candeal.

I just found that image but don't know when the picture has been taken :confused:

Sue- said:
don't know when the picture has been taken :confused:

It was taken on January 21st when Letizia was visiting "CAPILLA ARDIENTE DE ALFONSO DE BORBON MEDINA" (a chapel):D

Princess Letizia Recycles her Clothes

As you all may have noticed, Princess Letizia is a whiz in recycling her outfits. This thread is destined to keep track of her recycling.

To keep everything in order, please provide a date and an occasion to your picture and, before posting, please verify if the outfit isn't already on the list.

thanks a lot!

Happy posting!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom