The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

March 8th 2006 - private dinner, during the trip to Portugal

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4249/zzs117bn.jpg

(photo from Lux, originally scanned by mtbcm)

Old 03-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

I like her personal style more than her style in officials occasions. It's modern and elegant...

Old 03-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
March 8th 2006 - private dinner, during the trip to Portugal
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4249/zzs117bn.jpg

(photo from Lux, originally scanned by mtbcm)
is there any pic that shows the entire dress? i haven't seen one...
Old 03-27-2006, 09:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
I don't think there was any pictures of the entire outfit, but if I remember well, it was said that L wore a top (this top) and black trousers, so no dress in sight this time :) !
Old 03-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
I'm afraid not. We only have this one:
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=94qb.jpg
(also from Lux, scanned by mtbcm)
Old 03-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana
I like her personal style more than her style in officials occasions. It's modern and elegant...
i also like her private style a lot more. however, the fact that she uses the same kind of outfits for her official events is a good sign of a modern, hard-working, disciplined and protocolar princess and reflects letizia's wish to be known because of her work rather than because of being a fashion icon. i think she knows how and when to use her clothes very well: we have seen her looking super elegant and glittering in the events that require so, adopting a more professional and simple attitude for the official day events she normally performs and during her casual and private time it's when we really see letizia's personal style, which i think it's great. in my opinion, it resembles a lot how she dressed before the wedding...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Serene Highness

it doesn't look like she was wearing trousers...too bad we can't see more...but thanks very much for posting the link Elsa M.!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i also like her private style a lot more. however, the fact that she uses the same kind of outfits for her official events is a good sign of a modern, hard-working, disciplined and protocolar princess and reflects letizia's wish to be known because of her work rather than because of being a fashion icon. i think she knows how and when to use her clothes very well: we have seen her looking super elegant and glittering in the events that require so, adopting a more professional and simple attitude for the official day events she normally performs and during her casual and private time it's when we really see letizia's personal style, which i think it's great. in my opinion, it resembles a lot how she dressed before the wedding...
I agree on your points Carlota, especially about Letizia wanting to be know more for her work than for being a fashion icon.

I find it interesting that she has such distinctive styles professionally and personally. That when representing Spain she looks one way and when out and about with friends and family she looks another way. To me, that represents true style -- that she has such distinctive looks and can categorize them so without losing the core of who she is as an individual.

I like that she is more daring in her personal style, and I think that if she were so in her professional style, it would be a bit distracting. Think about some of the other princesses for whom we notice first what they are wearing and secondly what they are representing. With Letizia there is never a question of what comes first, which reminds me a lot of how Sofia conducts herself.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

April 3rd 2006 - during the visit to the National Park of Aigüestortes.

Photo by Face to Face:

http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/2429/c58ui.jpg
Old 04-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

By Felipe Varela:
(same coat, last couple also the same dress)

22nd October 2004 –Prince of Asturias Awards Ceremony;
25th November 2004 – Antonio Asensio Journalistic Awards;
6th April 2006 – Dinner offered to Kofi Annan;
20th May 2006 - Laureus Prizes Gala, in Barcelona.

(Photos from FPA, ImagineScandinavia and Terra)

Old 04-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Serene Highness

the all-brown ensemble looks better, IMO, rather than with the silver dress.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Commoner

I like the way she recycles her clothes.Her style is distinctive,clean line.elegant and clearly she has now developed a style on her own.She wears the clothes as it is it's not all over the place.I love the colour she choose bright but not loud.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:49 AM
Nobility

I see nothing wrong with Letizia recycling her clothes. I think when any woman gets gorgeous new outfit that makes her look and feel beautiful, they want to wear it more than just once. Plus it shows she has the right priorities, she's not just frivously spending money on expensive outfits then discarding them after wearing it just once. I think she's very practical.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:57 AM
Royal Highness

Letizia recycles clothes beautifully and is very practical about it. But IMO all the princesses pretty much are. They seem to recycle around the same amount but some have more time in between the recycling. One of my favorite day-time event outfits of Letizia was definitely the lavendar jacket with the plum colored skirt. The cut looked good on her and the colors were gorgeous so I was happy to see her repeat the outfit just one month later. :) She also looks good in creams/whites and she seems to recycle those a fair amount also. Letizia seems to recycle her dark colors more such as her grays and blacks (which are sad colors) but then again Spain's had a pretty somber past year. Anyway she goes; she looks gorgeous!
Old 04-13-2006, 05:21 AM
Aristocracy

If I bought a jacket and I really liked it, almost wanna have it 24 hours, and someone said to me; please reinvent yourself and buy a new jacket, I would go absolutely

I agree with those of you who think it's wise to recycle one's clothes.

Not only for economic reasons, but also because clothes get more comfortable when you were them several times. The clothes Letizia only wears once she obviously hates and never wants to wear again
Old 04-13-2006, 07:44 AM
Aristocracy

Smile

I agree. If you feel comfortable in something then by all means you should wear it again. Being a CP and being constantly photographed must be daunting enough without worrying about what you'r wearing. If you feel confident in how you look you will automatically be more relaxed. An item of clothing shouldn't be disgarded just because you wore it once. However, it surprises me a little that people are so surprised that princesses recycle outfits. I would be more surprised if they never did!!
Old 04-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Easter in Mallorca

From deadline and face to face

Old 04-21-2006, 03:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Skirt from the spring-summer 2005 collection of Angel Schlesser, no doubt the jacket is from Varela, the shouldpads are unmistakeble
Getty and fashion from spain

Thanks to dkaren who posted it on RB
Old 04-22-2006, 03:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
That's one of the things I like most about Letizia, that unlike Mary she doesn't act or seem to think of herself as a fashion model or clothes horse. Her clothes no matter what she is wearing are immaculate and well-cut and most importantly flatter her. When you're petite like Letizia it can be a nigtmare finding suits that fit and look good and yet she always pulls her clothes off with flair and style.
I also loved Letizia. The way she dresses. She's just so breathtaking! She's a very beautiful woman that's why her style is so classic. Mary is pretty that's why her style is trendy. Well that is just my opinion. If you look at her clothes you will see that everything in her dress is so perfect. She can carry whatever she wears without any hesitation. Letizia for me is an epitome of a great woman. She doesn't seem to think of herself as a fashion icon instead she wears clothes because she has a duty to perform not as a fashion icon. It's really good that when you look at Letizia you would initially look straight at her face not on what she is wearing and for me if you are a public person your personality should be noticed first than your clothes as the case of other CP.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm very found of the Letizia's wardrobs, it's refined and conveniant, a little bite sofisticated whithout chi-chi; in her case what does mean borring because all the diary activities are allways the same and it's difficult to have outfit very different to a same kind official act. The Letizia'attitud is not to be a high designer's model and I think she succeed very well especially since her return after the Leonor's birth to have the right style, : elegant, discreat more glamour whithout catching the attention, executive and femine at the same time.

The Princess has to answer at many important requirements : she has to adapt herslf at each act with an adecuat outfit considering that for it she has to travel a lot very often during one day for two or three acts ( flights, helicopters, cars) she can give the impression that she is not spending a lot of money at the same time she has to be very well and attractive dressed; attractive bot not so much because she is the heer princess and not an actress and she has to keep the first role to her husband.

Her functions aren't very simple and all the women who are representative and quite executive activities know that, it's a true headache that Letizia has to resolve considering an others elements that I nearly forgot : the weather and her numerous official act by a month.

If you analyse all this items, I find that Letizia succeed very well in her way to dress her.

Tags
crown princess letizia, fashion