Princess Laurentien's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2011 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but can we have something besides Facebook?

Last edited:
Umm corduroy? I'm not liking this choice at all...

Umm corduroy? I'm not liking this choice at all...

It is indeed an aubergine coloured velvet corduroy robe from Hardies. No idea why Princess Laurentien, who has so many fantastic shops around her in Brussels, chooses for this shop in The Hague. Honesty forces me to say that their website show nice couture, fit for a Princess, but Laurentien makes such strange choices.

Hardies Mode | Fashion & Couture

Some can always be relied upon for originality, so well done Laurentien.

The gown was a little too dark I thought on Princess Laurentien,her hat is nice but I didn't like the gown.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this was quite an interesting use of corduroy, which I think broadly worked. Well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the color of the gown was very good, worked both for her and for the occasion, but the fabric is not my thing (and indeed, way too warm). The hat i really really like..

The earrings i think are from the "leaves" collection of P.Margarita, and i must say that the work well here (am surprised myself in saying that, did not like the collection at all when i first saw it)

Dare I ask about the fabric ... what is going on her am I missing something this should be in the rubbish IMO it is so unbelievably bad even by her standards .. the house thought it would be cooler is that all they can say about this horrible horrible thing !!!!

It looks corduroy but the Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (State Information Agency) described it as such: Her Royal Highness Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands wore an aubergine coloured dress made of Genova velours côtelé. Matching this dress the Princess wore a pillbox-hat made of beige-coloured parasisal, decorated with feathers. The Princess wore the decorations belonging to the Grand Cross in the Order of the House of Orange.

It looks corduroy but the Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (State Information Agency) described it as such: Her Royal Highness Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands wore an aubergine coloured dress made of Genova velours côtelé. Matching this dress the Princess wore a pillbox-hat made of beige-coloured parasisal, decorated with feathers. The Princess wore the decorations belonging to the Grand Cross in the Order of the House of Orange.

"Velours côtelé" is corduroy in French.

P.Laurentien at Prinsjesdag 2014 not from facebook
close-up
close-up with nice view of hat
full view (not good angle)
full view (different angle)

The dress is from fashionhouse Hardies (apparently she always wears Hardies at Prinsjesdag), but they admit they had thought it would be a bit colder outside than it was and that the dress was actually a bit too warm (fabric-wise) 'Jurk Laurentien te warm' | RTL Nieuws
Miss. Don't like.
Has she ever worn anything- you know- her to this event?

Laurentien attended the Kids Climate Conference at the Center Parcs Het Heijderbos yesterday, September 20, wearing printed pants and a blouse in a nice strong colour and with flying sleeves ;)

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **

Laurentien attended the Kids Climate Conference at the Center Parcs Het Heijderbos yesterday, September 20, wearing printed pants and a blouse in a nice strong colour and with flying sleeves ;)

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **

I like those printed pants, very fashionable and wearable these days. The top style doesn't look good with the pants and the tops seems a bit too long. The sleeves are hideous IMO.

P.Laurentien at Prinsjesdag 2014 not from facebook
close-up
close-up with nice view of hat
full view (not good angle)
full view (different angle)

The dress is from fashionhouse Hardies (apparently she always wears Hardies at Prinsjesdag), but they admit they had thought it would be a bit colder outside than it was and that the dress was actually a bit too warm (fabric-wise) 'Jurk Laurentien te warm' | RTL Nieuws

I was just wondering where she will find such an ugly dress. The fabric is horrible, it's something I'd where to a fancy dress party 'wear your ugliest piece from the 70ies'

I was just wondering where she will find such an ugly dress. The fabric is horrible, it's something I'd where to a fancy dress party 'wear your ugliest piece from the 70ies'

I don't have a good fashion-sense myself, but the fashion house Hardies seems to have some more outfits that I'd consider "Laurentien-esque" :lol:
Couture | Hardies Mode
but they also sell fashion from some big fashion-names, so maybe it's just me?
Escada 2014 winter collection
Missoni 2014 winter collection
Natan winter 2014 collection

I see quite nice and ladylike items. I would not mind Queen Máxima to leave Natan (too much overlap with the other Benelux royals) and go to Hardies too, of course preferrably not Laurentien-esque, of course...

I quite like Laurentien's latest outfit. I love the warm and autumnal feel the colour combination gives off, and although her trousers and my cup of tea, they suit her and the whole look is indeed very 'Laurentien' (or 'Laurentien-esque' ;)). Her style has always reminded me a lot of Maxima's.

Color of too good- don't like the pants-sleeves awful.

Laurentien during the opening session of the 4th Dutch Green Building Week in Arnhem on September 22: The upper part suits her, a reduced Laurentien-look, but I would have chosen slimmer pants:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Laurentien during the opening session of the 4th Dutch Green Building Week in Arnhem on September 22: The upper part suits her, a reduced Laurentien-look, but I would have chosen slimmer pants:

** Full view ** Upper part **

i agree, pants should be a bit more fitting, her legs seem to disappear in this, the color of the top I really like, she wears bold colors really well..

Princess Laurentien is so in her element, whatever the event, she looks a quite self-confident lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom