Princess Laurentien's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2011 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Laurentien has attended the 7th conference on sustainable living (duurzaam leven) at the Jaarbeurs Congres Centrum in Utrecht today, October 2nd:

** ppe gallery **

Laurentien at the wedding of Prince Jaime and Princess Viktoria today, October 5, wearing a black dress that looks a bit more like a cape than a dress - I can imagine she would have loved to wear Leonore's dress instead, as Laurentien usually loves those extraordinary prints for herself ;)

** Pic **

Pretty awful look, looks like a too short smock and the black thick tights and ugly black heels1

Pretty awful look, looks like a too short smock and the black thick tights and ugly black heels1
I wonder if this was a last minute substitution in support of Princess Mabel's decision to got to the wedding as the black widow. Of course Mabel's choice is understandable, but then all immediate family members need to show consistency/solidarity and perhaps Princess Laurentien responded with her sombre smock:flowers: This theory would also explain the King and Queen's attire, matching their daughters' beautiful grey dresses.:whistling:

Laurentien is received by the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House today.

She's wearing a version in black of the Natan dress Maxima wore on the introductory visit to Spain.
I love the edition of the bright patterned and colored shawl/scarf over her shoulder. It takes it dress
in a complete different direction than Maxima's blue version. The black is a lovely background that
doesn't compete with fabric of the shawl.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3510/yk1m.jpg

Laurentien is received by the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House today.

She's wearing a version in black of the Natan dress Maxima wore on the introductory visit to Spain.
I love the edition of the bright patterned and colored shawl/scarf over her shoulder. It takes it dress
in a complete different direction than Maxima's blue version. The black is a lovely background that
doesn't compete with fabric of the shawl.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3510/yk1m.jpg

Lovely. So elegant.

She looks terrific. I love her, she seems so nice and modest and willing to be in the "background."

Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien attended a concert in honour of the 25th anniversary of the National Music Fund in Den Haag today, November 10, 2013.

** ppe gallery **

Oh, she has worn much worse. And she is a lovely person and this isn't so bad.

Looks like a leprechaun explosion!

Perhaps you don't recognize the importance of the colour green: it implies tranquillity, content, nature and contemplation. I think the Princess made a wonderful choice for this event to profile the importance of literacy. Your comment (and others also) makes me think of the Disney film Bambi where Thumper the rabbit quotes his mother: 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'.:cool::flowers::bang:

Perhaps you don't recognize the importance of the colour green: it implies tranquillity, content, nature and contemplation. I think the Princess made a wonderful choice for this event to profile the importance of literacy. Your comment (and others also) makes me think of the Disney film Bambi where Thumper the rabbit quotes his mother: 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'.:cool::flowers::bang:

In other words, we are allowed to praise the fashion choices, but we are not allowed to say if we don't like them?

I think you did not get the idea of those threads. They are not "praise what princesses are wearing" threads, but fashion threads, where we are allowed to express our opinions on fashion choices made by princesses, be it by applauding them or not like them.

As long as we stay civilized, we do not need to like every outfit and we do not need to be quiet of we don't. We are allowed to say we don't like something.

Oh dear...That's just so shiny. The colour itself is lovely and suits her, but that's sadly about it. Sigh...There really is no inbetween w/Laurentian and her fashion choices are there? She either looks incredable or a hot mess. The really sad thing is often, her choices are usually in the hot mess side of things. Such a shame too, as she's always come across to me as a very pretty lady.

It's so puzzling too. I mean, she's got the means for a stylist to call on for help, but either the entire look is waaaaay off or one part of it looks amazing and the other part not so much or...!?! There are times when she does look amazing, but those times seem to be far fewer than the other Princesses out there. I just don't get it.

Are you really asking an Irish person on the importance of green ;)

Are you really asking an Irish person on the importance of green ;)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm so sorry, but I totally LOST it when I read this!

Far as the outfit itself goes . . .

ITA with Tiggersk8 that the color is great, and Laurentien wears that hue very well. But yes, I also agree that it's too shiny. I also don't care for the boxy-looking cut of the outfit.

OTOH, it is a WHOLE lot tamer than some things I've seen on her, though, so I suppose there's something to be said for THAT, on the plus side, as well!

Last edited:

Princess Laurentien participated in a discussion with children at the Haagse Gezonde Beurs (Health fair) at the Grote kerk in Den Haag today, January 17. The theme of the fair is "All about healthy lifestyle for the whole family".

** ppe gallery ** facetoface **

Back to the crazy outfits ;) - Laurentien at the North Sea congress for children in Den Haag today, March 13.

** Full view **

Laurentien does seem to favour her slightly crazy outfits. :cool: This one is interesting... On a positive note, I do like that shade of pink.

I think I remember this outfit from I Love Lucy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom