The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 09-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,979
It looks corduroy but the Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (State Information Agency) described it as such: Her Royal Highness Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands wore an aubergine coloured dress made of Genova velours côtelé. Matching this dress the Princess wore a pillbox-hat made of beige-coloured parasisal, decorated with feathers. The Princess wore the decorations belonging to the Grand Cross in the Order of the House of Orange.
__________________

  #242  
Old 09-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It looks corduroy but the Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (State Information Agency) described it as such: Her Royal Highness Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands wore an aubergine coloured dress made of Genova velours côtelé. Matching this dress the Princess wore a pillbox-hat made of beige-coloured parasisal, decorated with feathers. The Princess wore the decorations belonging to the Grand Cross in the Order of the House of Orange.

"Velours côtelé" is corduroy in French.
__________________

  #243  
Old 09-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
"Velours côtelé" is corduroy in French.
you beat me to it apparently they thought "corduroy" was not sounding fancy enough
  #244  
Old 09-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 714
Classic colours of gown and hat for Autumn
  #245  
Old 09-17-2014, 05:09 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
P.Laurentien at Prinsjesdag 2014 not from facebook
close-up
close-up with nice view of hat
full view (not good angle)
full view (different angle)

The dress is from fashionhouse Hardies (apparently she always wears Hardies at Prinsjesdag), but they admit they had thought it would be a bit colder outside than it was and that the dress was actually a bit too warm (fabric-wise) 'Jurk Laurentien te warm' | RTL Nieuws
Miss. Don't like.
Has she ever worn anything- you know- her to this event?
__________________
Best. Photo. Ever. My RH exactly as he was. Soon after we met- Exactly the same look . At Westminster Abbey on his 90th birthday meeting HM. Another day at the office.
  #246  
Old 09-18-2014, 12:06 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
you beat me to it apparently they thought "corduroy" was not sounding fancy enough

Exactly! 😆
  #247  
Old 09-18-2014, 01:16 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Miss. Don't like.
Has she ever worn anything- you know- her to this event?
Recent years were pretty much long gown, one color (as she uses the same fashionhouse, perhaps that's not surprising).
In her first years attending there was some more variation and even some "Laurentien-esque" choices, see this blog:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Laurentien at Prinsjesdag
  #248  
Old 09-18-2014, 01:53 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Recent years were pretty much long gown, one color (as she uses the same fashionhouse, perhaps that's not surprising).
In her first years attending there was some more variation and even some "Laurentien-esque" choices, see this blog:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Laurentien at Prinsjesdag
Ah yes, very... her. Love it.
__________________
Best. Photo. Ever. My RH exactly as he was. Soon after we met- Exactly the same look . At Westminster Abbey on his 90th birthday meeting HM. Another day at the office.
  #249  
Old 09-21-2014, 04:05 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 36,308
.

Laurentien attended the Kids Climate Conference at the Center Parcs Het Heijderbos yesterday, September 20, wearing printed pants and a blouse in a nice strong colour and with flying sleeves



** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #250  
Old 09-21-2014, 04:21 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
.

Laurentien attended the Kids Climate Conference at the Center Parcs Het Heijderbos yesterday, September 20, wearing printed pants and a blouse in a nice strong colour and with flying sleeves



** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **
I like those printed pants, very fashionable and wearable these days. The top style doesn't look good with the pants and the tops seems a bit too long. The sleeves are hideous IMO.
__________________
  #251  
Old 09-21-2014, 04:31 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,979
Très Laurentien-esque.

:)
  #252  
Old 09-21-2014, 09:00 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
P.Laurentien at Prinsjesdag 2014 not from facebook
close-up
close-up with nice view of hat
full view (not good angle)
full view (different angle)

The dress is from fashionhouse Hardies (apparently she always wears Hardies at Prinsjesdag), but they admit they had thought it would be a bit colder outside than it was and that the dress was actually a bit too warm (fabric-wise) 'Jurk Laurentien te warm' | RTL Nieuws
I was just wondering where she will find such an ugly dress. The fabric is horrible, it's something I'd where to a fancy dress party 'wear your ugliest piece from the 70ies'
  #253  
Old 09-21-2014, 09:24 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I was just wondering where she will find such an ugly dress. The fabric is horrible, it's something I'd where to a fancy dress party 'wear your ugliest piece from the 70ies'
I don't have a good fashion-sense myself, but the fashion house Hardies seems to have some more outfits that I'd consider "Laurentien-esque"
Couture | Hardies Mode
but they also sell fashion from some big fashion-names, so maybe it's just me?
Escada 2014 winter collection
Missoni 2014 winter collection
Natan winter 2014 collection
  #254  
Old 09-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,979
I see quite nice and ladylike items. I would not mind Queen Máxima to leave Natan (too much overlap with the other Benelux royals) and go to Hardies too, of course preferrably not Laurentien-esque, of course...
  #255  
Old 09-21-2014, 04:31 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,465
I quite like Laurentien's latest outfit. I love the warm and autumnal feel the colour combination gives off, and although her trousers and my cup of tea, they suit her and the whole look is indeed very 'Laurentien' (or 'Laurentien-esque' ). Her style has always reminded me a lot of Maxima's.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #256  
Old 09-22-2014, 12:08 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,215
Color of too good- don't like the pants-sleeves awful.
__________________
Best. Photo. Ever. My RH exactly as he was. Soon after we met- Exactly the same look . At Westminster Abbey on his 90th birthday meeting HM. Another day at the office.
  #257  
Old 09-28-2014, 03:41 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 36,308
.

Laurentien during the opening session of the 4th Dutch Green Building Week in Arnhem on September 22: The upper part suits her, a reduced Laurentien-look, but I would have chosen slimmer pants:



** Full view ** Upper part **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #258  
Old 09-28-2014, 06:29 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
.

Laurentien during the opening session of the 4th Dutch Green Building Week in Arnhem on September 22: The upper part suits her, a reduced Laurentien-look, but I would have chosen slimmer pants:



** Full view ** Upper part **
i agree, pants should be a bit more fitting, her legs seem to disappear in this, the color of the top I really like, she wears bold colors really well..
  #259  
Old 09-28-2014, 06:33 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,979
Princess Laurentien is so in her element, whatever the event, she looks a quite self-confident lady.
  #260  
Old 09-28-2014, 04:20 PM
Princess Xenia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ..., United States
Posts: 370
A typical Laurentien looks. I think she will look better and younger if she dyes her eyebrows.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
princess laurentien


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion, Part 7: March 2011 - September 2011 iceflower Archives 392 09-23-2011 02:34 AM
Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2011 - September 2011 iceflower Archives 392 09-10-2011 03:45 AM
Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2011 - March 2011 dazzling Archives 393 03-23-2011 05:08 PM
Princess Laurentien's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2004 - February 2011 Lonemor Archives 388 03-06-2011 03:34 AM
Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, Current Events 1 (Jan 2003 - March 2006) Julia Current Events Archive 359 03-07-2006 07:32 PM




Popular Tags
albania best outfit birthday carl gustaf crown princess elisabeth crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria current events denmark fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style infanta leonor infanta sofia king abdullah in new zealand king felipe king felipe vi king juan carlos king philippe letizia meme monarchy multiple births news nobel november 2016 october 2016 october and november 2016 picture of the week prince charles princess marie daytime outfit princess mary princess mary current events princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess of asturias princess sofia queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen mathilde visits jordan queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania in australia shaikh zayed bin hamdan bin zayed al nahyan spanish state visit to japan state visit succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara victoria what ifs zog


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises