Princess Laurentien's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2011 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Laurentien yesterday at the Prince Claus awards in Amsterdam:

Photo.

That was actually not too bad given what Laurentien has thrown on of late and didn't look like a jumble sale advertisement.

The entire outfit is hideous,the jacket is very unflattering and the tinsel around her neck belongs on a Christmas tree...I need a strong coffee after this one!

Yes, I agree, but this is P. Laurentien and she is not going to change. It is well known that her husband loves her quirky side so I am sure approves no matter what she wears. I actually think that P Laurentien doesn't care a fig what anyone else thinks about her fashion sense [?] and maybe even overdoes on purpose. It is her and I admire her for not succumbing to the opinions of others and being true to herself. Her beautiful smile indicates she really doesn't care and is loving her life. That being said, I personally have been known to laugh aloud when seeing some of her outfits for the first time. I just can't understand her spending time to pick them out and spend good money on them! You have to admit, most of her "designs" cause many comments and we do remember them. :lol:

Today's outfit was not too bad and I do like the words 'special designs and combinations' to describe her wardrobe.

Well put eya I like the gala outfit but the jury is out on the daytime wear!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have been nicer if it was a dress which I actually thought it was from the 1st photo.

For a change Princess Laurentien looked good, I must say, despite the onesie model. It remains strange that her mother-in-law, the accompanying Grandmastress and the aide-de-camp were more dressed up than Laurentien, a Princess of the Netherlands.

Laurentien looks lovely. You can never go wrong with black and white, IMO.

Laurentien attended the ECF Princess Margriet Award for Culture in Amsterdam today, March 15, wearing a dress and jacket in black and white combined with red shoes. The print mixture, although both black and white, looks to crazy in my eyes, and I would have chosen black shoes, but that's Laurentien again..;)

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I think the upper part is very nice, but when paired with the bottom, makes her look much wider than she really is. The top is flattering, but when you put the two together it is not, IMHO

The red shoes just look silly ,the rest of the outfit is not too bad given what Laurentien has in her 'interesting' wardrobe.

Laurentien opened the International Book Fair of Bogota in Colombia on April 19: the necklace is huge and very Laurentien-like :), but it's a lovely and elegant outfit she has chosen:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I think this necklace must be borrow from the Queen!! But for Laurentien nice appearance!!

I think this necklace must be borrow from the Queen!! But for Laurentien nice appearance!!

Ha ha Eya ,we think alike!

Other than the necklace the out was one of Laurentien's finer outfits in a long time.

Reactions: eya
The black and white ... well there is just no excuse for it IMO. The lastest offering is in itself a soft rather chic outfit but then we pop on the necklace nice but not with this and the hair the blond good heavens all women take note there comes a time when IMO blond is not for anyone ... she may be better to audition for a barmaids role on Coronation St circa 1960

Laurentien in a black and white coat at today's Kingsday, April 27:

** Pic **

Nearly a bit too "normal" for Princess Laurentien's usual style ;) : Laurentien during the opening of the restored Fryske Akademy in Leeuwarden yesterday, September 9:

** Full view ** Upper part **

She is very normal!!!! Why Laurentien ????? :lol:

It is a bit too casual for an opening of the honourable Fryske Akademy. Especially for openings, first stones, ribbon-cuttings and that sort of things Dutch royals dress up (hat and/or gloves). Laurentien was pretty normal for her usual standards but she could have spiced it up a bit. She is a Princess of the Netherlands opening a building. Not thw lady-next-door. I miss that a bit in her way of dressing (also on Prinsjesdag or so).

One doesn't need to wear a hat and gloves to look professional or royal:ermm:

Definitely time for Laurentide. I love the color of the sweater. And the dress seems quite nice. But the cut of the top seems odd with the cardigan, not a good pairing.

Laurentien's latest outfit is beautiful and I like how she has worn a plain dress but added a pop of colour to it with the purple cardigan. But I agree with those who have said this is rather conservative compared to Laurentien's usual outfits! Maybe she had the fashion equivalent of "writer's block" and just chose to go with something more ordinary yesterday ;)

Princess Laurentien at the Prinsjesdag today, September 20. It was meant to be elegant, but to me it looks like widow's weeds:

** Full view **

Princess Laurentien at the Prinsjesdag today, September 20. It was meant to be elegant, but to me it looks like widow's weeds:

** Full view **

She's worn worse. Far worse sadly, so I'll take what is a pretty decent outfit from her any time. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

How much worse can be done? Probably not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom