Princess Laurentien's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2004 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
14-10-2008
Princess Laurentien attended the celebration of 100 year Christian Gymnasium Sorghvliet, dressed in grey
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2008/PPE08101406.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2008/PPE08101411.jpg

02-11-2008
Attending the Christening of Benjamin van Vollenhoven
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2008/PPE08110229.jpg

Could someone please, please help this woman? She is having an accessiories problem. The first dress would have been okay, but why is she wearing a chunky necklace and a scarf together? The second outfit is again ruined by the scarf and whatever she is wearing underneath the dress (you can see it sticking out under the sleeves).

She has twice now worn a short sleeve dress over a long sleeve top -
Do her arms get cold? What is going on? Who designs these frighful frocks? And then
what designer has the audacity to foist them off on her as "stylish dresses?"
Laurentien has a great figure - her style seems to be a bit punk - just like her cute flippy hair-do. She is so different from the other royal ladies - she could look so terrific.
She could dress so well - will someone please help her?

Actually I think that those last two dresses weren't too bad. It's her signature style of dressing and she can pull it off. She doesn't let her sister in law overshadow her and that's a good thing.

I love the first one, she looks amazing (by her standards lol) and I dont mind the second one either (minus the pink)
she seems to suit grey/silver quite well

I like these dresses, but I think the acessories could be changed with luck. :)

OMG she just needs someone to guide her big time and NOW. Yes I agree the dresses themselves are ok but it is the whole picture the scarves the rollneck I have got to stop looking at this thread.....itis too much. The Princes' Day thing I am horrified.

Princess Laurentien attending the Asia Panda Ball for the WWF in Singapore on November 21, 2008:

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ev59tz.jpg

She looks quite nice. The dress is very pretty.

photos from Iceflower in the Dutch Royal Family thread

Love this dress on Laurentien. Wonderful color and shape for her and I do like the shoes.

I really like the cut and color of this dress on Princess Laurentien, is the collar a scarf or part of the dress? I would have chose a neutral wrap or sweater instead of black, but the accessories and shoes look great!

Oh dear she and Maxima and those horrible boots.

I must have missed one of my fashion magazines on the day they did "high boots with dresses for princess's"! I don't get it.

Look at me! Look at me!
Laurentien is up to her old tricks again.
Laurentien, we are looking and shaking our heads. For an official occasion, dress appropriately and dress your age.

A noisy dress that combines several patterns ... Is it a fashion trend nowadays? It reeks of a pseudo bohemian chic.

Oh guys don't you see she is next orange girl:D with little black.

The days are long gone when showing even an ankle caused controversy! Now we have royal princesses wearing kinky red leather boots! Still, as my mother would say, if you've got it, flaunt it!

Compared to some of her previous outfits I find this one quite normal! The dress is very colourful and it goes well with the boots. Right height, right colour. Btw, what's wrong with the boots...? I don't get it. :ohmy:

I really don't care for this outfit. The boots are too bright and not very elegant. The dress might be okay if she had worn it with simple black heels. The boots just scream "look at my legs" (and not in a good way).

Compared to some of her previous outfits I find this one quite normal! The dress is very colourful and it goes well with the boots. Right height, right colour. Btw, what's wrong with the boots...? I don't get it. :ohmy:
I don't think they are appropriate for a princess doing a royal engagement. She should be a little more elegant than the rest of us. In her own private life, who cares wear what you want. I'm in my forties and for me these boots are too casual for an event. Of course this is only my opinion and I mean no offense :D

Laurentien is always trying to draw attention to herself. She is the wife of the THIRD son of the Queen and yet she acts as if she were the Crown Princess.
Mabel wears some pretty hideous outfits but she is not on display officially like Laurentien is.
When the whole family is together she still sometimes pulls some pretty awful fashion stunts and looks ridiculous.
Yes, we do look at you, Laurentien, in your fashion get-ups, but not in envy - only in horror.

IMO, the boots heel isn't high enough to be what my mother likes to call "hooker heels".:flowers: Still, give her credit for trying on a trampy look.

The dress should have been longer to go with the boots.

Laurentien is the queen of accessories. She must have trunk loads of costume jewelry and shoes.
I may be wrong, but she never seems to wear the same outfit twice. She certainly seems to spend the money when it comes to her wardrobe - and - not in the most
fashionable way. She adheres to "quantity over quality" and it shows.

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

Come on! Sometimes Princess Laurentien looks great, too :flowers:. Not always but often. Couldn't find above pics in the discussion. They are from last October and she definitly looks every inch a princess. No accessory problem, nice shoes, color suits her. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom