The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 12:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
You're talking about bad outfits here and you totally forget about this hideous pair of pants...

(seeger)

I actually think the pattern is nice, but not for a pair of pants. Next to that I really don't get the cut of the thing. It's so tight!

Laurentien also wore a jacket with this pattern which I like a whole lot better:

(seeger)

I don't like either. And did anyone see those orange sunglasses?! Yuck. I find it hard to believe she has a stylist, but she should sure find one.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
I find it hard to believe she has a stylist, but she should sure find one.
The royal family has no stylists.

Quote:
And did anyone see those orange sunglasses?! Yuck. I find it hard to believe she has a stylist, but she should sure find one.
You make conclusions on base of a photograph.

The same photograph tells that the surrounding public was dressed in orange parafernalia. It was the Queen's birthday celebration and everyone was in a jolly and cheerful mood. The orange glasses were handed to Princess Laurentien by a youngster out of the audience.

copyright: seeger press

You see that the Princess also takes sweeties from a little girl. It speaks volumes for Princess Laurentien's wonderful interaction with the public, with or without a nice jacket or not.

Old 09-23-2006, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

This outfit would have looked much much better with different shoes...
The boots combined with the skirt are terribel.. sad.. because it could have been a great outfit...

copyright: hendrik ja van beek

Old 09-23-2006, 06:59 AM
Serene Highness

She finally tries to look like elf from Lord of the rings. I don't like that color, but the biggest problem is material I think.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
This outfit would have looked much much better with different shoes...
The boots combined with the skirt are terribel.. sad.. because it could have been a great outfit...
I agree with you. I like the colour very much and the skirt is beautiful too. I just don't get the boots. Apart from them she's looking very lovely.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Majesty

on how many Prinsjesdag has she taken part of and does anyone have photo of each dress she has worn?
Old 09-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
This year's prinsjesdag was the 6th one she attended.
Pics are coming from my blog and are originally from ppe (3,4, & 6) & smulders (1,2 & 5):

I liked the third outfit best. These are not all dresses, by the way. The 2nd and 4th one are with pants.
thank you so much.... so 6 times has she been out for any year?

is it possible that you have photos of the 2 other dresses in full if i dare to ask
Old 09-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
thank you so much.... so 6 times has she been out for any year?

is it possible that you have photos of the 2 other dressesin full if i dare to ask
Yes, she has attended prinsjesdag only 6 times. First time was in 2001, after she married prince Constantijn in May 2001. I don't have pics of the whole dresses, unfortunately. I have been searching for them to put them on my blog and I didn't succeed. Maybe there are some photo agencies where you can find some pics with watermarks? I checked getty, but it's the same: only pics from the balcony...

Update: at the first two pages of this thread are some pictures of the dresses in full length from seegerpress...
Old 09-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Those boots are really, REALLY ridiculous. Like, "burn them in the backyard" ridiculous. She looks like a cross between Robin Hood and the Jolly Green Giant in those things.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
What in the world......? Wow...maybe she didn't check that outfit in the mirror first because she was afraid the loud pattern would crack it. Are you supposed to match the outfit to the sash? Ick.
One of her most wonderful Prinsjesdag outfits. On TV you saw the superb quality and richness of the heavy (Italian? Radzimir?) woven silk with the ingenious shiny pattern. She made a very regal impression and the optical trick of a skirt (only noticeable when she steps in and out of the carriage or when the wind plays with it) was ingenious. I really liked it.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
What in the world......? Wow...maybe she didn't check that outfit in the mirror first because she was afraid the loud pattern would crack it. Are you supposed to match the outfit to the sash? Ick.
to be honest... I like that outfit!
The hat is great and the dress looks nice on her!!
The skirt looks very interesting!

Old 09-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
to be honest... I like that outfit!
The hat is great and the dress looks nice on her!!
The skirt looks very interesting!
I cannot stand that pattern/color. It makes her look dumpy, TBH. The hat's okay, but it would have been better if she had gone with a solid color or skipped the long duster coat in favor of something shorter. The long coat, the pants....just too much going on.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I think brown boots would've been better but I can see why she chose the green boots -- to tie in with the rest of her outfit in colour and material. The suede of the boots ties in nicely with the suede of her top. I do however enjoy her matching green necklace very much. It gets a bit lost in the top being the same colour, but I bet that necklace would look particuarly lovely with a black top.)

The oufit may not be something I would personally choose (though I don't think it's her worst outfit that I've ever seen either), but I do think Laurentien gets kudos for being fashionably daring. She is definitely not a Gap-cookie-cutter dresser, that's for sure. And isn't that the fun of following Laurentien? For me it is -- I always wait to see what she'll wear. Sometimes I love or like what she's wearing and sometimes I dislike what she's wearing, but that's the same of even my favourite royals like Mette-Marit and Sofia. Sometimes I love what they are wearing and sometimes I hate what they are wearing. Laurentien's outfits are just louder and bolder and as such inspire more colourful comments.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
You make conclusions on base of a photograph.

The same photograph tells that the surrounding public was dressed in orange parafernalia. It was the Queen's birthday celebration and everyone was in a jolly and cheerful mood. The orange glasses were handed to Princess Laurentien by a youngster out of the audience.

copyright: seeger press

You see that the Princess also takes sweeties from a little girl. It speaks volumes for Princess Laurentien's wonderful interaction with the public, with or without a nice jacket or not.
Henri M. I think you are missing the point of this thread, it is about Laurentein's outfits, the one's we like and dislike and I happen to not like the orange sunglasses or the coat whether it be for the Queen's birthday or not. She could have picked something else more suitable to wear that day. AND am I in no way attacking Laurentein's character, I have no doubt that she is liked by the public. I merely said I did not like her choice in clothing.

And yes I do make conclusions based on photographs since that's all I have to go by, should I say her outfis are great just because she is a nice person?No. I have a feeling you like Laurentein an awful lot and it's hard for you to watch people say they don't like her outfits but after all this is a thread for that and maybe if she wore something that was pleasing to my eye I would say good things about her outfits. But as of now I don't see any. We are all here to voice our opinions but please don't single me out for voicing mine.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:30 AM
Royal Highness

We all have favourite princes or princesses, and for some of us it's very difficult to see defaults on our favourite one. We may not like one's enthusiasm about his/her favourite prince(ss), but let us keep this thread peaceful, with no personal attacks or hard words, and respectful towards others' opinion, as it is currently.

Thank you.

Danielane, for the moderating team.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

It's looks like a cacoon with no bra, bad.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...laurentein.jpg
"For starters, the dress she wore to CP Frederik's wedding. Good God almighty. You. Have. To. Wear. A. Bra. I don't know who told her she looked good like that, but whoever they are........they should be fired. Distasteful to say the least. I don't care if you're a princess, a queen or a schoolteacher....you wear a bra."

I totally agree! By far the worst! It's a royal wedding! The sin could only be made worse if it was a coronation or the opening of parliment or other grand occassion. She embarresed the whole royal family that day! If your "friends" sag that bad, you need a bra, especially if you outfit will cover up one!
Old 09-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Looking at the picture again of Laurentien at the Danish Royal wedding, it almost looks like the dress was suppose to be that way in the bust which is even worse. Why would you buy a gala dress that makes your breasts look like that? Or more importantly what designer would make a dress that makes your breasts look like that? The fabric is weird to me too. It looks like a puff pastry or a cacoon. I don't care for the cape on the back either.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Aristocracy

What I find absolutely hilarious, is the fact, that her husband is the most conservative looking guy you could find.
Heck I would pair her with Laurence Llewelyn Bowen, but than again, they would probably fight over who gets to wear the purple velvet curtains.
DOes anybody remember the "wrap" she wore at Queensday? I believe she was still pregnant, but the wrap around her shoulders looked like the proud product of "sewing 101"
Old 09-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Laurentien's orange glasses

Quote:
... and I happen to not like the orange sunglasses or the coat whether it be for the Queen's birthday or not. She could have picked something else more suitable to wear that day.
But Princess Laurentien was not wearing orange glasses at all ! She was handed a pair of such by an enthusiast kid in the crowd and it spoke volumes for her goodnatured personality that she placed these plastic glasses on her head and kept it on for the rest of the program. The kid who gave the glasses must have glowed with pride.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Royal Highness

As long as it is not inappropriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
"She embarresed the whole royal family that day!"
I doubt it. Princess Laurentien is, tja... Princess Laurentien, you know.

The Queen knows her as long as she is alive (Princess Laurentien's mother is a private friend of the Queen and was one of the her house-mates during her study at Leyden University. Princess Laurentien's father was until recently vice-premier minister). Princess Laurentien is the Queen's first daughter-in-law and they seem extremely close. From all what you hear and read it seems that Princess Laurentien is the spider in the web of the Queen's family. She seems more influential than Princess Máxima and Princess Mabel. The Queen is too fond of her to fall over some choices in her garderobe.

Princess Laurentien's style might be godawful so now and then, but as long as it is appropriate, the Queen is the last person to block someone's own choices, character, taste or personality.

Tags
fashion, princess laurentien, style